Gillard should go!

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Gillard should go!

Postby The Apostle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Liberals already with ad if Kevin gets up:

The Apostle
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Gillard - the most divisive PM since Keating. She is a disgrace.
Rudd - the Russian strategist. Every football club has them. If I dont get my way, I'll lay waste until I do.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Magpiespower » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Goodbye and good riddance to Jules, Swannie, Emmo and Conjob with more ratf@%kers to come...
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby dedja » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:40 am

redandblack wrote:I've stuck up for the PM up to now, but enough is enough, I'm joining those who think she should resign.

I support her on the NBN, on Climate Change action, on almost every policy and think she just gets criticised no matter what she does, while Mr Abbott talks crap and gets away with little or no scrutiny.

But now she's done her dash with me!

She didn't ....ing curtsy to the Queen of England :shock:

The lowest point in her life according to June Dally-Watkins in the lead story on the ABC website, titled "Off with her head", FFS.

I'm with you, June, it's a disgrace. She's got to go.

Nostradamus!
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Ronnie » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:11 am

I'm waiting for the faceless men who run labor and who gave us the Gillard disaster to break cover and give their version of recent events- Paul Howes, Mark Arbib, Bill Shorten can all have a go.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Sky Pilot » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:21 am

Ronnie wrote:I'm waiting for the faceless men who run labor and who gave us the Gillard disaster to break cover and give their version of recent events- Paul Howes, Mark Arbib, Bill Shorten can all have a go.

Enter stage left: Sam Dastyari
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby dedja » Mon May 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Well if these allegations are upheld she might well be going to the slammer ...

CASH from a union slush fund was paid directly into the pockets of builders who were renovating the home of former prime minister Julia Gillard, the Royal Commission into union corruption has heard.

Giving evidence at the commission, self-confessed union bagman Ralph Blewitt said he walked into Ms Gillard’s Melbourne home and under the instruction of Australian Workers’ Union secretary Bruce Wilson, gave $7000 in cash to a builder renovating Ms Gillard’s kitchen and veranda.

He confirmed Ms Gillard was in the home at the time of the transaction.

Mr Wilson, who attacked News Corp photographer Sam Mooy as he left the court today, was dating Ms Gillard at the time.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon May 12, 2014 6:01 pm

dedja wrote:Well if these allegations are upheld she might well be going to the slammer ...

CASH from a union slush fund was paid directly into the pockets of builders who were renovating the home of former prime minister Julia Gillard, the Royal Commission into union corruption has heard.

Giving evidence at the commission, self-confessed union bagman Ralph Blewitt said he walked into Ms Gillard’s Melbourne home and under the instruction of Australian Workers’ Union secretary Bruce Wilson, gave $7000 in cash to a builder renovating Ms Gillard’s kitchen and veranda.

He confirmed Ms Gillard was in the home at the time of the transaction.

Mr Wilson, who attacked News Corp photographer Sam Mooy as he left the court today, was dating Ms Gillard at the time.

Wow that's interesting.. not like she wasn't earning enough money to afford the renos herself stupid ranga!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 12, 2014 10:12 pm

these allegations have been around for a fair while. interesting to see what comes of them
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:51 am

Looks like Julia Gillard and possibly Bill Shorten have a bit of explaining to do after the revelations at the royal commission into union corruption yesterday. This is shaping up to be Labor's version of the NSW ICAC. I hope both enquiries root out all corruption on both sides of politics and duly punish those responsible.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ghosts-of-julia-gillards-past-back-to-haunt-her-corruption-inquiry-accuses-her-exboyfriend-of-funnelling-union-slush-money-into-her-home-renovations/story-fncynjr2-1226952678146
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby RustyCage » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Watching Julia Gillard being questioned on ABC News now at the trade union royal commission, she is quite easily shooting down allegations that she knew about payments, none of the evidence given shows she knew, and some of the evidence given shows that it wasn't a part of her role at the time to know. She was involved in the chasing up of a cheque from the Commonwealth Bank but that was on request of her after payments had been made.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby stan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:25 pm

RustyCage wrote:Watching Julia Gillard being questioned on ABC News now at the trade union royal commission, she is quite easily shooting down allegations that she knew about payments, none of the evidence given shows she knew, and some of the evidence given shows that it wasn't a part of her role at the time to know. She was involved in the chasing up of a cheque from the Commonwealth Bank but that was on request of her after payments had been made.

Sounds like she is being questioned by ASADA.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby shoe boy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:24 am

This royal commission is a farce and waste of tax payers money just so Tony can get his jollys having Gillard put through this circus.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby dedja » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:19 am

Spot on.

If Abbott was serious about stamping out corruption he should set up a Federal ICAC, but there's buckleys chance the coalition will put this forward, and even less chance that Labor would support it.

Oink, oink ...
dedja
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:55 am

Nothing more than political point scoring.

Then Shorten will get in and send Abbott to a Royal Commission for something he's done, back and forward it will go.

Since the Pink Bat episode with Rudd it's been all about point scoring while wasting millions upon millions of tax payer dollars for a net result of ZERO!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:33 am

the one good thing with Rudd is he didn't call for a Royal Commission over Howard and the Weapon of Mass destruction when there was pressure around him to do so
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11804 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:34 am

also the Liberals have set up a very very dangerous precedent here....

the first thing that comes to mind is the ICAC in NSW :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11804 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby GWW » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:50 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the one good thing with Rudd is he didn't call for a Royal Commission over Howard and the Weapon of Mass destruction when there was pressure around him to do so

Being a "Foreign Affairs" area, there's usually less scope for point-scoring.

Probably wouldn't have impressed the Yanks either.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Politics