Gillard should go!

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Gillard should go!

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:07 pm

WADH
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 pm

The man's ego knows no bounds.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bulldogproud2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Q. wrote:The man's ego knows no bounds.

Which man's?? Both Abbott and Rudd are stated as doing the same thing in that article... except that Rudd does not select his own ties ;)

How low is this debate though - to worry about tie colours!! :shock:
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby dedja » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:39 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
bulldogproud2 wrote:
Sojourner wrote:Rumour is about that Chris Bowens minders are working the phones to see if members will take him as a compromise candidate over Rudd.

Rumour is about that Malcolm Turnbull is about to make a play to become Leader of the Opposition prior to the election.

With the way some of our political journos have been working, those two posts constitute enough to launch a half hour news broadcast on leadership changes within the party.

My rumour btw is one that I just made up. However, that fully constitutes a rumour and, as Dogwatcher says, all it takes is one comment from absolutely anyone to send the media into a frenzy at the moment!!

I'll put a small wager that Turnbull will be the PM before the election in 2016 though ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Watched ABC News tonight
Every single bloke had a blue tie on except Rob Lucas
Reporters, politicians both Liberal and Labor, sportsman - everyone
I think Julia has now offended the vast majority of tie wearing males in Australia
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby bulldogproud2 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Watched ABC News tonight
Every single bloke had a blue tie on except Rob Lucas
Reporters, politicians both Liberal and Labor, sportsman - everyone
I think Julia has now offended the vast majority of tie wearing males in Australia

Naw, not at all. That just backs up her points that in the next government, there will be lots of blue-tie wearing men ;)
However, she could have also said there will be lots of blue-tie wearing men in opposition too ;)
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby Sojourner » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Will Julia Gillard now have the courage to Apologise to Mal Brough for defaming him and calling for his sacking?
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby bulldogproud2 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Sojourner wrote:Will Julia Gillard now have the courage to Apologise to Mal Brough for defaming him and calling for his sacking?

Why should she?? Mal Brough refused to comment on the issue at first (which is usually a sign that a person has something to hide). Additionally, it was stated by those who worked at the event that those present would have seen the menu. Why did Mal Brough not take any action until after it was reported in the news?

Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby Sojourner » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:00 pm

She was wrong and she made a false allegation, that is what she should apologise for, irrespective of when Brough apologised over it.
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby bulldogproud2 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:17 pm

We do live in a very twisted world when a person can be involved with the publication and distribution of crass comments about the country's leader and yet it is the country's leader who is asked to apologise. :roll:
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby mick » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:31 pm

When Amanda Vanstone was in parliament, there were often jokes about her size, eating habits etc. etc. yet there was no moral outrage. Tony Abbott is painted as some sort of catholic zealot, he has his beliefs and sticks by them, fair enough, we have had catholic leaders before in Curtin, Chifley and Keating, certainly Curtin and Chifley may have faced criticism because of the time they lived in when sectarianism was acceptable, however when Keating became PM I don't remember his religion being an issue, similarly Rudd a former catholic who was very open with his christian views prior to his election was not criticised on this basis. How genuine is all this type of personal points scoring? Do people really care? Is the current political climate resulting in the worst type of hypocrisy we have ever seen? Are we entering a new age when the substance of things is being swept under the carpet in s storm of feigned moral outrage? I personally don't think the size of the PM's bum or what she wears matters one iota, likewise Abbott's love of speedos, his religion and blue ties should be irrelevant. Sorry about the rant, but hypocrites are not my favourite people :lol:
mick
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby bulldogproud2 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:56 pm

mick wrote:When Amanda Vanstone was in parliament, there were often jokes about her size, eating habits etc. etc. yet there was no moral outrage. Tony Abbott is painted as some sort of catholic zealot, he has his beliefs and sticks by them, fair enough, we have had catholic leaders before in Curtin, Chifley and Keating, certainly Curtin and Chifley may have faced criticism because of the time they lived in when sectarianism was acceptable, however when Keating became PM I don't remember his religion being an issue, similarly Rudd a former catholic who was very open with his christian views prior to his election was not criticised on this basis. How genuine is all this type of personal points scoring? Do people really care? Is the current political climate resulting in the worst type of hypocrisy we have ever seen? Are we entering a new age when the substance of things is being swept under the carpet in s storm of feigned moral outrage? I personally don't think the size of the PM's bum or what she wears matters one iota, likewise Abbott's love of speedos, his religion and blue ties should be irrelevant. Sorry about the rant, but hypocrites are not my favourite people :lol:

Is it a sad state of Australian affairs though that our leaders, no matter whether they are Liberal, Labor, Green etc. are being treated like this though?? Should we not have a bit more respect for people who are giving their time and effort to try to make Australia a better place?? After all, in almost all cases, they are sacrificing a lot (higher income outside politics, family time etc.) to do a public service.

Imagine the outrage even in England if the Queen was treated in this way.... and she is not sacrificing quite as much as our leaders (at least income wise).

Imagine the consequences in some other countries if leaders were treated this way.

On this issue, I don't care if the person being attacked is Liberal, Labor, Green, or even Caluthumpian. I just think there should be more respect.

Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby Psyber » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:09 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:
Sojourner wrote:Will Julia Gillard now have the courage to Apologise to Mal Brough for defaming him and calling for his sacking?
Why should she?? Mal Brough refused to comment on the issue at first (which is usually a sign that a person has something to hide). Additionally, it was stated by those who worked at the event that those present would have seen the menu. Why did Mal Brough not take any action until after it was reported in the news?

Cheers
Or that the accusation is so stupid it isn't worth responding to...
I know from experience that anything like this menu would have been canned by the local executive in any branch as likely to backfire.
But the branch can't can something that it hasn't seen, because it was never put up - just immaturity among the back room boys at a venue.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bulldogproud2 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Psyber wrote:
bulldogproud2 wrote:

Cheers
Or that the accusation is so stupid it isn't worth responding to...
I know from experience that anything like this menu would have been canned by the local executive in any branch as likely to backfire.
But the branch can't can something that it hasn't seen, because it was never put up - just immaturity among the back room boys at a venue.

True, it could have been. What concerns me is that it managed to get its hands into someone it should not have and was plastered on Facebook for all and sundry to see. Not a great advertisement for the way we regard our pollies.

Cheer
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby Magpiespower » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:37 pm

Sattler should go...
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Gozu » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:12 am

Another shock-jock Howard Sattler trying to belittle the PM:

RADIO presenter Howard Sattler has been taken off air for being "disrespectful and irrelevant" in quizzing the PM over her partner's sexuality.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/nati ... 6663453289

Imagine the outcry if when Howard was PM a shock jock asked him if his wife Janette was really a lesbian?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 659 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:59 am

Gozu wrote:Another shock-jock Howard Sattler trying to belittle the PM:

RADIO presenter Howard Sattler has been taken off air for being "disrespectful and irrelevant" in quizzing the PM over her partner's sexuality.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/nati ... 6663453289

Imagine the outcry if when Howard was PM a shock jock asked him if his wife Janette was really a lesbian?
Yes, very inappropriate!
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby mick » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm no fan of Gillard, but that was disgusting
mick
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Bully » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:44 pm

mick wrote:I'm no fan of Gillard, but that was disgusting

yes heard it this morning, he should be sacked
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Magpiespower » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:45 pm

mick wrote:I'm no fan of Gillard, but that was disgusting

Seems to be the one thing everybody agrees on!

Just wish she told him to "f@%koff" live on-air.

High office be damned...

:lol:
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics