Parallel Universe

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Parallel Universe

Postby redandblack » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Once again I'm confused.

I keep getting told that Labor are 'ruining the country". When I ask how, there are hardly any answers.

Today the Reserve Bank dropped interest rates. They're now a full 1% lower than when Labor took office, but I was told that interest rates would always be lower under a Liberal government.

Please Julia, keep ruining the country 8)
redandblack

Re: Parallel Universe

Postby best on hill » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:43 pm

redandblack wrote:Once again I'm confused.

I keep getting told that Labor are 'ruining the country". When I ask how, there are hardly any answers.

Today the Reserve Bank dropped interest rates. They're now a full 1% lower than when Labor took office, but I was told that interest rates would always be lower under a Liberal government.

not too mention the unemployment rate down.
COWELL FOOTBALL CLUB est.1901
premiers 1902,04,07,22,24,26,27,28,31,32,34,37,38,39,46,50,52,53,54,55,58,59,69(cowell north),96,99,2006,07,09
oldest club on E.P.!
best on hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Cowell

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:29 pm

I thought this was going to be a thread discussing string theory.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby southee » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:41 pm

:roll: .......she's wonderful isn't she???

Does it really matter if they are lower when we are getting taxed to the "hilt" with the Carbon Tax making everyday living expensives going UP, UP, UP!!!

Remove the blinkers R&B and smell the coffee ;)
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 859 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby redandblack » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:48 pm

How much is carbon tax costing you, southee?
redandblack

Postby southee » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:26 pm

redandblack wrote:How much is carbon tax costing you, southee?

It will.....ask big industry the same question.

0.25% ....shall we award her a medal R&B???

She did it all herself did she??? One of the greatest PM's we have ever had R&B???
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby Mad Mat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm surprised you're so confused R&B? You usually come across like you know everything. :lol:
Mad Mat
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby once_were_warriors » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:35 pm

70% of People always vote Labor or vote Liberal regardless of the pro's and cons.

You are all a bunch of Muppets
If at first you don't succeed , then destroy all evidence that you tried in the first place
once_were_warriors
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby southee » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:39 pm

once_were_warriors wrote:70% of People always vote Labor or vote Liberal regardless of the pro's and cons.

You are all a bunch of Muppets

Well said...sums it up really :lol:
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby redandblack » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Sorry southee, when you said 'we are getting taxed to the hilt', I thought you meant 'we are getting taxed to the hilt'.

The carbon tax is expected to cost about $10 per week. Compensation, which you haven't mentioned, will be about the same amount.

The interest rate cut today will save, on an average $300K mortgage, at least $15 per week. I think most home buyers will welcome that.

When Mr Howard left office, the rate was about 6.5%, it's now 4.5%. There hasn't been a rate rise for nearly a year, now a cut.

I think you're being a bit churlish, southee. I think the PM, who gets a lot of criticism, is entitled to some praise for this.

Don't you?
redandblack

Postby redandblack » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Mad Mat wrote:

I'm surprised you're so confused R&B? You usually come across like you know everything. :lol:

Any chance of debating the question, or are you happier making personal attacks?
redandblack

Postby Media Park » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:02 am

Another praise the ranga thread, what a surprise...
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby mick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:27 am

The reason rates were cut, is our economy excluding mining is not doing so well, look at retail for instance. I could also use the argument used against Howard and Costello when the economy was doing well it was none of their doing but due to "outside international influences" or "anyone could run the economy in this climate". I'm glad there was a rate cut as so many are struggling to keep their households together, the new unnecessary taxes will put more pressure onthe battlers, sure some compensation for the initial spike, what about in the years to come after that initial compensation is eaten up by inflation?
mick
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:29 am

If there is a string, leave it alone
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:17 am

theres a great song about string from the GOODIES (they should be running the coutry)

String, string, string, string
Everybody loves string!
Everybody needs string!
Pull on your pants
Slip on your vest
Everyone agrees
String is best!
Everybody loves string!
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Q. » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:23 am

mick wrote:

The reason rates were cut, is our economy excluding mining is not doing so well, look at retail for instance. I could also use the argument used against Howard and Costello when the economy was doing well it was none of their doing but due to "outside international influences" or "anyone could run the economy in this climate". I'm glad there was a rate cut as so many are struggling to keep their households together, the new unnecessary taxes will put more pressure onthe battlers, sure some compensation for the initial spike, what about in the years to come after that initial compensation is eaten up by inflation?

This government should be utilising the mining boom to stimulate the sagging non-resource sector. It's obvious we should have had an RSPT and the failure to implement one is a gross error. It would have also meant that the price per tonne of carbon could possibly have been lower at the introduction of a Carbon Tax.
Q.
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:35 am

Quichey wrote:This government should be utilising the mining boom to stimulate the sagging non-resource sector. It's obvious we should have had an RSPT and the failure to implement one is a gross error. It would have also meant that the price per tonne of carbon could possibly have been lower at the introduction of a Carbon Tax.

Why mining? Why not the banks? Why pick on the resource industry
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby scoob » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:23 am

am Bays wrote:
Quichey wrote:This government should be utilising the mining boom to stimulate the sagging non-resource sector. It's obvious we should have had an RSPT and the failure to implement one is a gross error. It would have also meant that the price per tonne of carbon could possibly have been lower at the introduction of a Carbon Tax.

http://www.news.com.au/money/banking/we ... 6183208145

TAX THEM!!! They are making money!!! TAX THEM!!!
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Q. » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:25 am

am Bays wrote:

Profit growth vs asset base. Mining sector is our most profitable industry.
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:10 pm

:lol: - the reason interest rates are dropping is because the economy is NOT doing so well
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Next

Board index   General Talk  Politics