Gillard or Rudd

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Gillard or Rudd

Poll ended at Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:56 pm

a. Gillard
36%
b. Rudd
64%

Total votes : 25

Re: Gillard or Rudd

Postby Bully » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:52 am

dedja wrote:
Q. wrote:Voting out Pyne appears to be my only motivation to vote :lol:

X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Gillard's legacy will be The Poodle ...

but he finds his way in every time
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:53 am

How good has the Killing Season been?

I love these political revisionist documentaries - Labor in Power, the Howard years etc.

This one has been the most gripping with respect to the political machinations and the fact that the two key protagonists have yet to move on - well one certainly hasn't.

The waves of hostility eminating from Rudd through my TV set - scare me!

Do you think they swap christmas cards and call the other on their respective birthdays?
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:53 am

Rudd is so butthurt.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Hondo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:01 pm

The Labor Party must look back on it all in light of that brilliant documentary and think "never again".

Surely there MUST have been a way of keeping Rudd (the person the electorate embraced as PM at the 2007 election) as PM but addressing his dysfunctional working practices internally behind closed doors.

Why didn't the caucus or cabinet ministers (are these the same group of people?) just thrash the whole thing out in the open and come up with some plan that did not involve changing actual PM in the way they did. Perhaps with some open discussion he could have been given some room to move and some conditions to meet. It all comes across like secret power games and the craziness is after making the mistake in 2010 they thought it could be fixed by basically repeating it 3 years later.

I think it was Anthony Albenese who put it best - the events of 2010 sealed the fate of not one but two PMs.

It's a gripping TV series.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Hondo wrote:It's a gripping TV series.

I agree Hondo, I only watched the first episode of The Killing Season last night and will get around to watching the other two but it just makes the original decision to oust Rudd in June 2010 look even more pathetic. Clearly it was because Shorten and a few of the other powerbrokers felt Rudd wasn't rewarding them sufficiently enough. I really appreciate Greg Combet's honest opinions but from what I understand Lindsay Tanner refused to appear on it and if he had have that would've strengthened the legitimacy of the show.

What The Killing Season shows most IMO is how well the ABC do these political history docos The Howard Years and Labor In Power were pretty good too and we would be so much worse off if not for the ABC's existence.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Politics