A guide to Australian Politics for non-Australians

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

A guide to Australian Politics for non-Australians

Postby Leaping Lindner » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Time for a laugh...at the expense of all sides. :lol:

http://noblekraken.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... lians-too/
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: A guide to Australian Politics for non-Australians

Postby Magpiespower » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Always knew there was something a bit "off" about Wyatt Roy.

Come on LL, don't tell me you haven't been pi$$ing yourself laughing these past few weeks!

Whaddya mean we're supposed to take this whole shebang seriously?

:lol:
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Leaping Lindner » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:01 pm

It gets better (?) our local Liberal candidate is openly gay and has announced if elected he will introduce a private members bill on Gay Marriage. However his how to vote card has him prefrencing the "openly" homophobic Family First Party second and the Greens last at #9. Obviously a party decision, but come on, how can anyone take these guys seriously anymore?
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:37 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:It gets better (?) our local Liberal candidate is openly gay and has announced if elected he will introduce a private members bill on Gay Marriage. However his how to vote card has him prefrencing the "openly" homophobic Family First Party second and the Greens last at #9. Obviously a party decision, but come on, how can anyone take these guys seriously anymore?
It is possible to believe that a party's overall policy and strategy is right for the country even if you strongly disagree with some components of it, and for the party to tolerate that disagreement.
On that basis, I get on quite well with Cory Bernardi socially even if we do disagree strongly on some policies, and debate them openly at member functions.
It doesn't have to be all heavy emotion and all out war - you can debate and make your points in a mutually respectful and gentlemanly manner.

Despite our policy disagreements, one of which is Gay marriage, Cory nominated me for an executive position at my local branch AGM.
Can you see that tolerance of diverse opinion happening in the ALP or the Greens?

(I used to have similar debates with Alexander Downer over Guatanamo Bay and David Hicks without us becoming hostile with each other.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby once_were_warriors » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Psyber wrote:
Leaping Lindner wrote:It gets better (?) our local Liberal candidate is openly gay and has announced if elected he will introduce a private members bill on Gay Marriage. However his how to vote card has him prefrencing the "openly" homophobic Family First Party second and the Greens last at #9. Obviously a party decision, but come on, how can anyone take these guys seriously anymore?
It is possible to believe that a party's overall policy and strategy is right for the country even if you strongly disagree with some components of it, and for the party to tolerate that disagreement.
On that basis, I get on quite well with Cory Bernardi socially even if we do disagree strongly on some policies, and debate them openly at member functions.
It doesn't have to be all heavy emotion and all out war - you can debate and make your points in a mutually respectful and gentlemanly manner.

Despite our policy disagreements, one of which is Gay marriage, Cory nominated me for an executive position at my local branch AGM.
Can you see that tolerance of diverse opinion happening in the ALP or the Greens?

(I used to have similar debates with Alexander Downer over Guatanamo Bay and David Hicks without us becoming hostile with each other.)

I bet he gives three fifths of f*** all about your views though in a gentlemanly way of course.
If at first you don't succeed , then destroy all evidence that you tried in the first place
once_were_warriors
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:41 pm

once_were_warriors wrote: I bet he gives three fifths of f*** all about your views though in a gentlemanly way of course.
About as much as I do his perhaps, but he does take part in the debate and not just walk away, as do I.
That is, we listen to each others arguments for our respective views, and don't get aggro about them.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Leaping Lindner » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 am

Psyber wrote:

There's degrees of tolerance surely Psyber. How many "wets" were in Howard's cabinet?
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:48 pm

a bit off topic, but i this mad eme laugh at the expense of the two majors, and julian assange in a mullet is worth a look too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WU6tVxzO1I
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Board index   General Talk  Politics