David Leyonhjelm - Liberal Democratic Party LDP

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

David Leyonhjelm - Liberal Democratic Party LDP

Postby Sojourner » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:36 am

As I am aware it is the first time ever that a Libertarian has been elected in Australia, here is a link to a very short video where he outlines briefly what he and the LDP are about and what they will and wont vote for in the new Senate post July 1st.

http://catallaxyfiles.com/2013/10/07/se ... /#comments
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Re: David Leyonhjelm - Liberal Democratic Party LDP

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:22 am

Sojourner wrote:As I am aware it is the first time ever that a Libertarian has been elected in Australia, here is a link to a very short video where he outlines briefly what he and the LDP are about and what they will and wont vote for in the new Senate post July 1st.

http://catallaxyfiles.com/2013/10/07/se ... /#comments

He is very sensible and most of his ideas/policies appeal to the mainstream punter I reckon. I like him a lot
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Gozu » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:06 pm

It's funny this guns for all right-wing extremist was a special guest on Andrew Bolt's TV show, from a fringe party that only something like 16,000 people voted for yet Bolt calls the Greens extremists a party that 1-1.5 million people vote for :lol:
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:38 pm

I found the Liberal Democrat's web site some time ago and had a read.
The remind me of the more extreme elements of the US Republicans - and the US gun lobby.
I couldn't imagine voting for them any more than I could the Greens.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Grahaml » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Gozu wrote:It's funny this guns for all right-wing extremist was a special guest on Andrew Bolt's TV show, from a fringe party that only something like 16,000 people voted for yet Bolt calls the Greens extremists a party that 1-1.5 million people vote for :lol:

Just because people vote for them, doesn't mean they're not extreme. Remember the Nazis were elected democratically.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Barto » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Gozu wrote:It's funny this guns for all right-wing extremist was a special guest on Andrew Bolt's TV show, from a fringe party that only something like 16,000 people voted for yet Bolt calls the Greens extremists a party that 1-1.5 million people vote for :lol:

They wouldn't have even got that many if people could be bothered reading the voting paper.
It's all the SANFL's fault.
Barto
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Gozu » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:03 pm

Barto wrote:

They wouldn't have even got that many if people could be bothered reading the voting paper.

Too true just disappointing we end up with lunatics like this in the senate from donkey votes.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Board index   General Talk  Politics