The "Puppies"

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

The "Puppies"

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:09 am

The "Puppies" as I like to refer to them, mainly because they are all doe eyed with big innocent faces looking for someone to train them, or the "PUP" Palmer United Party take hold of the Senate as of this week.

I would, I would so love to be sitting next to Ricky Muir listening to the gears grind as he tries in vain to get his head around well, pretty much everything that is going on around him! :lol:

Let's watch what this now very important group of senators do in the coming weeks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: The "Puppies"

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:20 am

I believe Clive will be addressing the National Press CLub today, unfortunately I wont be able to witness this performance

I also wonder how the opening speeches for these PUP members will be like
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:46 pm

I predict that Jacqui Lambie will have fisticuffs with someone this year, possibly Barnaby Joyce. She's like a train wreck off an MTV reality show crossed with the bus driver from South Park, and he's been ominously quiet in recent weeks, but he's always had an axe to grind where Clive Palmer is concerned.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:12 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:I predict that Jacqui Lambie will have fisticuffs with someone this year, possibly Barnaby Joyce. She's like a train wreck off an MTV reality show crossed with the bus driver from South Park, and he's been ominously quiet in recent weeks, but he's always had an axe to grind where Clive Palmer is concerned.

apparently tasmania is worse off than sudan, crap, we better given them 5 billion dollars
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 am

The first piece of news these guys bring is Ricky Muir not voting along with the rest of the party to help the government dump the carbon tax in one foul swoop.

The federal government has been dealt another budget blow, with new crossbench senator David Leyonhjelm joining with Labor and the Greens to block the repeal of tax cuts for low income earners.
The surprise move came during the Senate debate on the government's plans to scrap the carbon tax, of which the income tax breaks were a component.
Senator Ricky Muir has broken away from his PUP voting bloc to deny the government a vote on the repeal of the carbon tax.
Senator Ricky Muir has broken away from his PUP voting bloc to deny the government a quick vote on the repeal of the carbon tax. Photo: Alex Ellinghausen
The tax cuts were due to kick in from July 2015, and the government will now have to find about $1.5 billion in extra money in its already gridlocked budget to help eliminate the deficit.
Advertisement
The vote was one of a series of unpredictable outcomes on a morning where the government's plans to quickly repeal the carbon tax were continually frustrated.
It included government senator Ian Macdonald crossing the floor to support an amendment from crossbencher Nick Xenohpon which would have forced the government to note that the majority of electricity price increases that have occurred were the result of network charges and not the carbon tax.
The amendment also called on the government to review national electricity rules governing the setting of network prices.
The vote on that amendment was tied 37-37, meaning it was defeated.
Earlier in Wednesday's debate, rookie senator Ricky Muir broke away from his Palmer United Party voting bloc to deny the government a speedy vote on the repeal of the carbon tax.
The government had moved an urgent motion in the Senate to gag debate on the carbon tax repeal bills and force a vote, but the Motoring Enthusiast Party senator voted with other crossbench senators, Nick Xenophon and John Madigan, and Labor and the Greens to ensure further debate on the bills.
The government has been determined to achieve its long-held ambition to scrap Labor's carbon tax in the first sitting week of the new Senate.
The government had expected it would be able to force a vote by lunchtime on Wednesday, but the vote to guillotine debate was tied at 36-36, meaning the motion failed.
A final vote to repeal the carbon tax is now not expected until Thursday.
The stumble for the government came after Senator Muir threw up his second surprise in 24 hours. On Tuesday, Senator Muir became the unexpected champion of the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA), which the government also plans to abolish.
Senator Muir was seeking amendments that would block cuts to ARENA's funding contained in the carbon tax repeal bill.
But on Wednesday afternoon, Senator Muir and the Palmer United Party said they had struck a deal to vote against the abolition of the agency later this year, but the funding cuts contained in the carbon tax repeal bill would pass.

Labor's leader in the Senate Penny Wong accused the government on Wednesday morning of trying to organise the Parliament around Prime Minister Tony Abbott's media schedule, after reporters were briefed overnight to expect a vote by 12.45pm on Wednesday.
Mr Abbott in is WA with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe touring a mine after which they will travel to Perth.
''I want the crossbench to be very clear what you're being asked to do,'' Senator Wong told the Senate.
''You are being asked to run this chamber so as to accord with Mr Abbott's media schedule.
''I utterly object, as does every senator on this side, to this chamber of the Australian Parliament being used as a plaything of the Prime Minister.
''What an outrage that we would have the Senate being asked to gag and guillotine legislation so Mr Abbott can do a press conference tomorrow in time for prime time television.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... z3713sWmii
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:I predict that Jacqui Lambie will have fisticuffs with someone this year, possibly Barnaby Joyce. She's like a train wreck off an MTV reality show crossed with the bus driver from South Park, and he's been ominously quiet in recent weeks, but he's always had an axe to grind where Clive Palmer is concerned.

Make it Pyne and Lambie and I'll pay to watch.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:54 am

Could it be Clives directive for Muir to not vote with them and then put up his own amendments on this issue just to try and show that Muir isnt a puppet???

cos with Muir breaking away from that vote its more of a bad look for Abbott then it is clive
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:26 am

That's some next level thinking there tiger :)

Ricky muir does look pretty stupid too, so he looks like the sort of bloke that would go against an agreement he just signed
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:08 pm

yeah and Muir also doesn't sound like an overly intelligent bloke

but perhaps its just my conspiracy

but Clive doesn't care how he is portrayed in the media, but Abbott on the other hand needs to have a good positive portrayal in the media or he could have a knife coming his way....

I also enjoyed the brief radio news clip I heard with journos asking Clive about the Carbon Tax and whether it wlll be abolished this morning and clive basically told them to go and watch Senate to find out......as he is just a member of the lower house or words to that effect
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:46 pm

i came on here to see some Bewbs or some cute puppies... I got neither :(
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:10 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:i came on here to see some Bewbs or some cute puppies... I got neither :(

im sure Jacqui Lambe has some of those pics circulating the www ;)
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:12 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:yeah and Muir also doesn't sound like an overly intelligent bloke

but perhaps its just my conspiracy

but Clive doesn't care how he is portrayed in the media, but Abbott on the other hand needs to have a good positive portrayal in the media or he could have a knife coming his way....

I also enjoyed the brief radio news clip I heard with journos asking Clive about the Carbon Tax and whether it wlll be abolished this morning and clive basically told them to go and watch Senate to find out......as he is just a member of the lower house or words to that effect

Clive - made billions from mining coal.

Does he want a carbon tax? I doubt it...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Clive Palmer has thrown a last-minute curveball at the Abbott government by announcing his senators will delay a Senate vote on the carbon tax.

The Palmer United Party had an agreement with the government to support amendments that guarantee savings from the abolished tax are passed on to consumers and business.
But on Thursday, after supporting a government move to bring on a vote at 11.50am, Mr Palmer announced changes to his own amendments.
The amendments provoked a "violent reaction" from the government, he told reporters in Canberra.
"There are no circumstances that we'd be voting today for the carbon tax repeal."
One of the key changes is a penalty imposed on entities that do not pass on savings to gas and electricity customers.

The penalty would be 250 per cent of the saving that has not been passed on.
It also removes reference to "domestic" electricity and gas customers, potentially leaving it open for companies to be penalised if they don't pass on savings to overseas customers.
The definition of "entity", which replaces "corporation", is expanded to include individuals and "any party or entity which can or does buy or sell electricity or gas".
The time in which entities have to give the consumer watchdog a notice they are complying with price cuts has been set at 30 days after the bill gains royal assent.
Entities face a $34,000 fine if they don't comply - double the original fine.
The time in which customers must get notice of electricity and gas price savings has been reduced from 90 days to 30 days.

Breach of this attracts a fine of $68,000 - four times the original amendment's provision.
Mr Palmer said the amendments were lodged with the Senate Clerk's office at 8.30am.
"We asked that it be distributed and we had a violent action from government, a violent reaction I would say," Mr Palmer said.
"We had ministers calling us and visiting our senators and complaining."
Mr Palmer defended his party's move, arguing the changes ensure savings would be passed onto consumers.
The PUP leader says he suggested a vote be delayed until later on Thursday to allow senators to consider the altered amendments.

Mr Palmer claimed he had been on the receiving end of "nasty conversations" with the government and other people.
Finance Minister Mathias Cormann sidestepped questions in parliament about PUP's changed amendments.
The amendments would be dealt with later on Thursday, he said in response to Greens questions about government discussions with PUP.
Labor senate leader Penny Wong said the government was resorting to desperate stalling tactics and would not have been left in such an embarrassing situation if it hadn't gagged debate.
"It certainly takes a special blend of arrogance and incompetence to seek both to guillotine and filibuster in the same debate," she told parliament.
Former Victorian premier Jeff Kennett pulled no punches when asked for his opinion of Mr Palmer.
"He reminds me of a great blimp flying around this world of ours, this country of ours, and every now and then it lets off steam, or, to use a Clive Palmer expression, he just farts," he told Fairfax Radio
:lol:

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/201 ... QDjptQg.99
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:07 pm

Well, it didn't take Jackie Lambie long..... @fisho mcspaz

:lol: :lol:

Outspoken Palmer United Party Senator Jacqui Lambie has shocked radio listeners by asking a caller if he was “well hung” during an interview.

Ms Lambie was being interviewed on Hobart’s 107.3 Kim and Dave Show this morning when she said she had been single for 11 years and was now looking for a relationship.

“They must have heaps of cash and they’ve got to have a package between their legs, let’s be honest,” Ms Lambie said.

The 43-year-old was then introduced to 22-year-old caller “Jamie”, who said he was interested in dating her.

“Do you have plenty of cash?” she asked. “I’m just a bit concerned that at 22 years of age and living in Tasmania you might not be quite there yet.”

He responded that he did.

“I’m just a bit concerned because you’re so young,” Ms Lambie continued. “I’m not sure you’d be able to handle Jacqui Lambie … are you well hung?”

The joking exchange set off a torrent of comments on Twitter with many questioning whether the reaction would be the same if it was a male politician talking about a woman.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/0 ... g-question
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Yep the feminists would want Abbott shot at dawn if he made similar comments to a female :shock:

Palmer United are the new Democrats they will be irrelevant in a few years....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:11 pm

The Democrats didn't run the place and have the power to cock it up though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Booney wrote:The Democrats didn't run the place and have the power to cock it up though.

They had the balance of power from 1987 to 2004 and c*cked it up thanks to Meg.

She tried to stay centerist like Janine and Don but there were moves within the Dems to shift more to the left which led to them splitting asunder
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby stan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 pm

heater31 wrote:Yep the feminists would want Abbott shot at dawn if he made similar comments to a female :shock:

Palmer United are the new Democrats they will be irrelevant in a few years....

Yes but we are all aware of how this works. She could say "show us your dick" and you wont see much issue with it.

Buy also she is not pm and unlikely to go far. Hencethe media will let this run off.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:51 pm

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:The Democrats didn't run the place and have the power to cock it up though.

They had the balance of power from 1987 to 2004 and c*cked it up thanks to Meg.

She tried to stay centerist like Janine and Don but there were moves within the Dems to shift more to the left which led to them splitting asunder

Correct bays, they held he balance of power like the puppies do now.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:30 pm

Booney wrote:Well, it didn't take Jackie Lambie long..... @fisho mcspaz

:lol: :lol:

Outspoken Palmer United Party Senator Jacqui Lambie has shocked radio listeners by asking a caller if he was “well hung” during an interview.

Ms Lambie was being interviewed on Hobart’s 107.3 Kim and Dave Show this morning when she said she had been single for 11 years and was now looking for a relationship.

“They must have heaps of cash and they’ve got to have a package between their legs, let’s be honest,” Ms Lambie said.

The 43-year-old was then introduced to 22-year-old caller “Jamie”, who said he was interested in dating her.

“Do you have plenty of cash?” she asked. “I’m just a bit concerned that at 22 years of age and living in Tasmania you might not be quite there yet.”

He responded that he did.

“I’m just a bit concerned because you’re so young,” Ms Lambie continued. “I’m not sure you’d be able to handle Jacqui Lambie … are you well hung?”

The joking exchange set off a torrent of comments on Twitter with many questioning whether the reaction would be the same if it was a male politician talking about a woman.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/0 ... g-question

apparently Ms Lambie only got involved in politics cos she heard it was a hung parliament :oops:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Next

Board index   General Talk  Politics