QLD Election

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: QLD Election

Postby Bully » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:59 pm

The issue for privatisation of state assets is a major talking point here. Anna Bligh in the previous labor government wanted this but it was voted against. Campbell newman had propsed a 99 year lease and to be returned to the state when this lease runs out.
Today the labor party announced they would be keeping the bikie laws that are currently here in Queensland until a review is done in 2016. So i think the bikies who thought a vote for the labor party was a vote for the end of these new laws would be good just had a rude awakening.

Cost of living is a big issue here in Queensland. Tolled roads installed by private companies is a major talking topic here as motorists believe they pay enough in registration before tolls are needed. Most toll roads are built by private companies, and not state governments so hence the reason for the toll and not tax payer funded .

But the Gateway bridge, to my understanding was funded by tax payer dollars and also the second bridge which has a toll on it until 2041.

Daylight savings issue has come up again which most in this state refuse to accept. The Greens want to trial it for 2 years if their buddies the labor party win. Hate daylight savings myself so i hope if the trial goes ahead no one likes it.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Bully » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Well one night to go to see if campbell loses his job tomorrow.

Bet he is sweating on the result. Labor look set to take back 20 seats from the government which would not win them government considering they only have 9 currently .
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:10 am

So how come you hate daylight savings? I still can't fathom arguments against it except if it makes it dark in morning peak hour, which it wouldn't in qld
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:10 am

hate when its 9pm and still daylight outside and 35+ degrees . at least when its bed time it has cooled little because the sun has gone down 3 hours earlier. Im a cold person, hate the heat whether its in Adelaide or Brisbane . But winters are awesome here ! sunny but cool

During summer in Brisbane the sun is up at 0430am in the morning, and down by 7pm. Much prefer that. its my opinion and my alone.
Last edited by Bully on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:11 am

so Campbell has voted, and I guess we all wait to see how it goes down. Campbell looks to try and take a vacated seat if he loses his own I am hearing
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:17 am

Bully wrote:hate when its 9pm and still daylight outside and 35+ degrees . at least when its bed time it has cooled little because the sun has gone down 3 hours earlier. Im a cold person, hate the heat whether its in Adelaide or Brisbane . But winters are awesome here ! sunny but cool

During summer in Brisbane the sun is up at 0430am in the morning, and down by 7pm. Much prefer that. its my opinion and my alone.

Fair enough. I prefer it being lighter so you can have daylight after work and go out when it's warm etc
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby dedja » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:20 am

Considering he campaigned last election without being a member of parliament and the fact he is on the nose personally, it would be a very foolish step to parachute into another seat f he were to lose his today but the LNP be re-elected.

It's possible, but I don't think the LNP are that stupid. In fact, it would suit them perfectly because he would become the scapegoat for the unpopularity and the LNP could draw a line and rightly say they'll move on from the Newman era.

There might be a some records broken today.

- largest no. of seats won by an opposition and not form government, OR;
- largest no. of seats won by a opposition to be elected

- largest no. of seats lost by a government and still be re-elected, OR;
- largest no. of seats lost by a government to lose government
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:51 am

the fact that the lnp was so far in front after the landslide last election here, I don't think they are too worried about losing government. more about Campbell losing his seat
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:53 am

bennymacca wrote:
Bully wrote:hate when its 9pm and still daylight outside and 35+ degrees . at least when its bed time it has cooled little because the sun has gone down 3 hours earlier. Im a cold person, hate the heat whether its in Adelaide or Brisbane . But winters are awesome here ! sunny but cool

Fair enough. I prefer it being lighter so you can have daylight after work and go out when it's warm etc

we get the "its the same amount of daylight either way " argument . But I go to bed the same time almost everyday and get up the same time. I wish it was half and half all year round . not winter hours, and not summer hours of daylight. mid spring or autumn is what I mean
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:57 am

dedja wrote:Considering he campaigned last election without being a member of parliament and the fact he is on the nose personally, it would be a very foolish step to parachute into another seat f he were to lose his today but the LNP be re-elected.

It's possible, but I don't think the LNP are that stupid. In fact, it would suit them perfectly because he would become the scapegoat for the unpopularity and the LNP could draw a line and rightly say they'll move on from the Newman era.

There might be a some records broken today.

- largest no. of seats won by an opposition and not form government, OR;
- largest no. of seats won by a opposition to be elected

- largest no. of seats lost by a government and still be re-elected, OR;
- largest no. of seats lost by a government to lose government

I think that was taken last election by the LNP. won soo many seats to become government.

you forgot to add, he will be the only premier to be only premier in paliarment ever in history, and nothing else IF he loses his seat. He was not a member before his win and will most likely lose, so will only ever be premier if he does
Bully
Coach

Postby dedja » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:48 am

Yep, add that one as well as It looks extremely likely that he will be voted out of his seat.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:27 pm

This QLD election is starting to sound very interesting, Pollbludger live blog for developments:

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollbludger/ ... on-live-3/

Might have to break out the iced vovo's tonight!
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:59 pm

12% swing against Campbell in his seat He is gone

Reports Tim Nicholls will take the premiers position if the lnp hold !
Bully
Coach

Postby dedja » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:08 am

LNP booted out of office, either Labor govern in their own right or form a minority government.
dedja
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:41 am

Yep LNP gone

Back to Labor from their big loss 3 years ago.

Campbell is finished
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:26 am

Queenslanders will have an uncertain future from here

Labor leader was asked a question about the GST on radio and she got the answer wrong. If a polly trying to lead a state can not or does not know the GST rate here in Australia which has not changed then some questions need to be asked. She was a minister involved in the QLD health debacle of the previous labor government only 3 years ago which saw some health workers not get paid for months, and some get 3 months of pay in one week pay cheque.

The state will borrow so much money to fund projects and the cycle will return to what it was whilst Anna Bligh was in power 3 years ago. I give it 3 months and we will see the bumper sticker "don't blame me I voted lnp"

Not a very clear future for queensland here at all...

But this is a wake up call to Tony abbott which will be out on his arse in the next election if he makes it that far. Shows that the voting public have the say in way things are done now days and any lying and broken promises are frowned apon
Bully
Coach

Postby dedja » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:01 am

Not sure much, if any of that is correct.

What we do know is that politics has been changed forever in Australia, the age of politicians taking the electorate for granted is over, and there is no such thing as a safe seat anymore.

This is good for democracy.

Perhaps the age of popularist politics is coming to an end and conviction politics is due to for a comeback.
dedja
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:53 am

what do you mean not sure if any is correct?
Bully
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:17 am

Bully wrote:Queenslanders will have an uncertain future from here

Labor leader was asked a question about the GST on radio and she got the answer wrong. If a polly trying to lead a state can not or does not know the GST rate here in Australia which has not changed then some questions need to be asked. She was a minister involved in the QLD health debacle of the previous labor government only 3 years ago which saw some health workers not get paid for months, and some get 3 months of pay in one week pay cheque.

The state will borrow so much money to fund projects and the cycle will return to what it was whilst Anna Bligh was in power 3 years ago. I give it 3 months and we will see the bumper sticker "don't blame me I voted lnp"

Not a very clear future for queensland here at all...

But this is a wake up call to Tony abbott which will be out on his arse in the next election if he makes it that far. Shows that the voting public have the say in way things are done now days and any lying and broken promises are frowned apon

Probably a good idea to not ask the federal treasurer how income tax brackets work
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby stan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:57 pm

What's the go up there bully?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times