US

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: US

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:14 pm

Trump delivers unprecedented results.
Thankyou Don
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby stan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:40 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Trump delivers unprecedented results.
Thankyou Don
I'd be interested to see the details of this phase 1 trade deal. If he has managed to claw back a good chunk of the trade deficit the have with China then yeah it's going to be very good for the US.

Not so sure this is going to help us out, I mean China will be looking to recoup any losses from somewhere in terms of trade deficits I'm talking.....
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:04 pm

There's growing belief witnesses will be called into the senate trial, if so the evidence may sway the required Republicans to vote to remove Trump from office. If's and but's, but at least there's an if and a but.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Booney wrote:There's growing belief witnesses will be called into the senate trial, if so the evidence may sway the required Republicans to vote to remove Trump from office. If's and but's, but at least there's an if and a but.

The imminent release of John Bolton's book appears to be very opportune for the Democrats. I think I read they only need about 4 more votes to pass the resolution to compel witnesses to give evidence. If witnesses are called, then, if nothing else, it means Trump can't crow about being exonerated when he gives the State of the Union in about a week's time.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:19 am

Booney wrote:There's growing belief witnesses will be called into the senate trial, if so the evidence may sway the required Republicans to vote to remove Trump from office. If's and but's, but at least there's an if and a but.
Unlikely.

Even if the witness prove he is 1000% guilty, there is no what the republicans to remove him from office.

Politics first, country and Justice 47th.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:27 pm

US troops injured by Iranian missile strikes :

Trump says - 0

The Pentagon says - 50
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:42 pm

Trump going nowhere except a 2nd term majority
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:26 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Trump going nowhere except a 2nd term majority

Yep
Senators just voted and 51-49 against calling witnesses which paves the way for his acquittal.
He will crush them all next election
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:56 pm

Jim05 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Trump going nowhere except a 2nd term majority

Yep
Senators just voted and 51-49 against calling witnesses which paves the way for his acquittal.
He will crush them all next election
That's closer than I thought as it was pretty much a party vote. Republicans hold the Senate 53 to 45 Dems with 2 indpendants.

Regardless he will 1000% get acquitted. I mean again it is a party vote.
stan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:24 am

The world's worst kept secret is out, Trump acquitted on all charges.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:30 am

He will romp it in next election
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:49 am

Democrats are just a rabble
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Party line vote, clear and simply and was always going to be the out come.

As others have said he'll romp it in for 2020 now.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:02 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Democrats are just a rabble
They are a bit at the moment. Pelosi ripping up documents whilst is nothing note worthy is just petty.
Last edited by stan on Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:56 am

Trump slams tormentors Pelosi, Romney in grievance choked victory lap
Jacob Greber
United States Correspondent
Feb 7, 2020 — 5.33am

Washington | Donald Trump has taken a wild victory lap before the nation's cameras after his Senate acquittal as he slammed Nancy Pelosi as a "horrible person" and told an adoring audience of Republican allies how he survived going "through hell".
After arriving to a standing ovation in a packed White House East Room as the presidential band played Hail to the Chief, Mr Trump launched into a lengthy tirade that traversed the "Russia hoax", the Mueller inquiry and his "perfect" phone call with Ukraine.
"It was all bullshit," Mr Trump said on Thursday (Friday AEDT).

"I did nothing wrong. I've done things wrong in my life, I will admit – not purposely, but I've done things wrong,
"But this is what the end result is," he said, before holding up a copy of The Washington Post's front page with its headline: "Trump Acquitted."

Mr Trump said it was the first good headline the newspaper had given and he was now considering having it framed.
Surrounded by members of his cabinet and dozens of prominent Republican lawmakers including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Mr Trump spent most of his speech calling out praise for his various supporters and allies, including his legal team.
"Today is the day to celebrate these great warriors," he said.
Mitt Romney said he would not acquit Donald Trump and "expose my character to history's rebuke and the censure of my own conscience".

The giddy celebration – punctuated by repeated rounds of laughter, cheering and clapping – came after the Senate acquitted Mr Trump on Wednesday night of abusing his office by trying to bribe a foreign leader, using taxpayers' funds, into launching a politically-motivated inquiry into potential 2020 presidential rival Joe Biden and his son Hunter.
In spite of his display of unbridled triumphalism, Mr Trump showed signs of being deeply stung by Republican Mitt Romney's decision to side with Democrats and vote "guilty" on the impeachment charge.
He hit out at Senator Romney, who cited his Mormon faith for his decision to vote for Mr Trump's ouster, saying he was using his "religion as a crutch".
“Never heard him use it before,” Mr Trump said, before adding that Senator Romney, the Republican Party's 2012 presidential nominee, was a "failed" candidate after running "one of the worst campaigns in the history of the presidency".

"So things can happen when you fail so badly, running for president.”
Mr Trump also slammed Ms Pelosi by questioning her sincerity when she says she's praying for him.
"She may pray, but she prays for the opposite," he said. "I doubt she prays at all."

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said Mr Trump "looked like he was a little sedated" in his State of the Union speech. AP
Ms Pelosi fired back at Mr Trump's attack and said she felt "liberated" by her decision to tear up her copy of the State of the Union address on Wednesday night.
"I feel that I have extended every possible courtesy," she said in reference to Mr Trump's apparent refusal to shake her hand at the outset of the union address.

Nancy Pelosi: one of America's most skilled politicians
She also noted that Mr Trump "looked to me like he was a little sedated" during the speech.
Far out! Pot meet kettle!

Ms Pelosi also slammed the awarding of the Presidential Medal of Freedom to right-wing commentator Rush Limbaugh during the State of the Union address. As speaker of the House, the address is at the invitation of Ms Pelosi.
"Do it in your own office," she said. "We don’t come in your office and do congressional business."
Mr Trump's White House remarks, at times rambling and filled with random asides, included suggestions he would be impeached again and likened what he did with the Ukraine to jaywalking.
"If they find that I happen to walk across the street and maybe go against the light or something, let’s impeach him,” Mr Trump said.
“So we’ll probably have to do it again, because these people have gone stone cold crazy.

Trump says he's ready for future fights. Bloomberg
"But I’ve beaten them all my life, and I’ll beat them again if I have to. But what they’re doing is very unfair, very unfair.”
Mr Trump accused his enemies of seeking to "cook up other things".
"They'll go through the state of New York and other things ... it's almost like they want to destroy our country. We won't let it happen."
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:17 am

Love him or hate him, at the moment the US economy is going well, he beat the impeachment attempt and from the looks of it, looks set to romp it in at the end of the year.

Could the republicans take the Senate and the house?

Which ever ever way you look st it, he is winning at the moment.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:33 am

Corys going over to help him again
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Magellan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:00 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Corys going over to help him again

Much like our Liberal Party, the Republicans don't need Cory's help.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:05 am

Jim05 wrote:He will romp it in next election

Looking very likely at the minute on the back of the last few days, although we still need to know his opponent to be sure. I'm interested in whether Bloomberg gains traction in the primaries, there might be more of an X-factor about him compared to the other dull (Biden) or strong left (Warren and Sanders) candidates that makes it a more interesting contest.
Magellan
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:52 am

Magellan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:He will romp it in next election

Looking very likely at the minute on the back of the last few days, although we still need to know his opponent to be sure. I'm interested in whether Bloomberg gains traction in the primaries, there might be more of an X-factor about him compared to the other dull (Biden) or strong left (Warren and Sanders) candidates that makes it a more interesting contest.
The Dems must realise that at the moment the far left of politics is on the nose.

I would say Bloomberg might just be .pre centre left enough for the middle tier of voters to consider him.

But then again, Mericans be crazy. Anything could happen.
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics