US

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: US

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:48 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Ahh Paul Murray Sky News nails it again.

"Not even CNN could 'cover up' for Joe Biden as Taliban beat Afghan army:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LiLjHawUs

In all seriousness what do you think Trump would have done better than Joe here given they both had exit plans.

I mean take a look at the quotes from both below, they were both well and truly on the wrong track and underestimated the Talibans capabilities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... aged-well/

I mean below was a Trump quote:

“The job of the American military is to secure and defend our country. Two days ago, the United States signed a deal with the Taliban so that after 19 years of conflict and very close to 20, we can finally begin to bring our amazing troops back home.” — Trump, in a campaign rally, March 2, 2020
“We’re dealing very well with the Taliban. They’re very tough, they’re very smart, they’re very sharp. But, you know, it’s been 19 years, and even they are tired of fighting.”

— Trump, in a news conference, Sept. 18
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:54 pm

Good call by Biden - he's completely on top of it all

Watch from 16:45

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby am Bays » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:22 pm

Imagine losing an election to that bloke, you'd have to be a pretty average human/polly to lose to him....

TBH though, it speaks volumes for the US that they were considered the two "best" choices....

Maybe they could become the 14th province of Canada??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:26 pm

Now that you mentioned our favourite late and great N0. 45

Watch and listen what he said from the 1.50 mark on the video 'if bad things happen we will go back---------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LiLjHawUs&t=55s

Heres another vid from my mate Tucker Carlson having a go at American Foreign Policy over the last 20 years and also a scathing attack on the current administration.

Tucker: We are led by buffoons, everything they touch turns to chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXtwuO-ZUR0

Even some of the LEFTY MSM now have woken up to the Biden administration and reporting such.

Make up your own minds enjoy.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:34 pm

am Bays wrote:Imagine losing an election to that bloke, you'd have to be a pretty average human/polly to lose to him....

TBH though, it speaks volumes for the US that they were considered the two "best" choices....

I suspect Canada wouldn't really want them.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby RB » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Heres another vid from my mate Tucker Carlson having a go at American Foreign Policy over the last 20 years

I think there'd be few who'd disagree that they've made some terrible decisions within that time.

But Biden's decision to withdraw from Afghanistan is hopefully a sign that they're 'turning the corner' in this regard.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:48 am

RB wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Heres another vid from my mate Tucker Carlson having a go at American Foreign Policy over the last 20 years

I think there'd be few who'd disagree that they've made some terrible decisions within that time.

But Biden's decision to withdraw from Afghanistan is hopefully a sign that they're 'turning the corner' in this regard.

Yes i totally agree all countries should of withdrawn years ago but the real the problem now is how the Biden administration is going to fix the botched up withdrawal .

Unfortunately America is in a bad place under this current administration i reckon some of us on here could of done a better job.

America is doomed under Biden.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:10 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
RB wrote:

Yes i totally agree all countries should of withdrawn years ago but the real the problem now is how the Biden administration is going to fix the botched up withdrawal .

Unfortunately America is in a bad place under this current administration i reckon some of us on here could of done a better job.

America is doomed under Biden.

There not going to fix it. The Afghan people aren't willing to so the US is goneski.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Psyber wrote:
am Bays wrote:Imagine losing an election to that bloke, you'd have to be a pretty average human/polly to lose to him....

I suspect Canada wouldn't really want them.

and vice versa

Like Australians admiring NZ.
You're welcome to leave and enjoy the place.
Plenty of empty houses from the 600k kiwis living here
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Ronnie » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:28 pm

The decline of American power and influence is a huge concern for everyone in the west. They don't seem to have the willpower. A military presence of some sort seemed to be holding the line. They have a military presence in a few countries.
Doesn't help when people like Trump and Biden hold office.
Biden himself looks like's he's about to melt. His plugged hair line, fake tan, tight skin, porcelain teeth, maybe no one cares anymore, but I can't fathom how he can look like he does and be taken as a serious person let alone a President :shock:
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:29 pm

Love No.45's comment on Bidens absolute balls up in Afghanistan.

"They do not know what they are doing"

He outlines how it should of been done.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/taliban-amer ... d/1032936/

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:57 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Love No.45's comment on Bidens absolute balls up in Afghanistan.

Ah, hindsight. No. 45 would have ****** it up just as badly as No. 46. Just remember the US were funding the Taliban back in the 1990's. Trump is a fraud.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:34 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Love No.45's comment on Bidens absolute balls up in Afghanistan.

Ah, hindsight. No. 45 would have ****** it up just as badly as No. 46. Just remember the US were funding the Taliban back in the 1990's. Trump is a
fraud.

Really not hindsight at all just common sense you do not do things back to front when withdrawing from a country you have overseen for twenty years.

America only had 20 years to execute an exit plan Biden has had 8 months to execute a plan and FAILED miserably.

Its only been 8 months and America is going downhill fast yep the best is still to come from the Delaware Spud 46 and his incompetent administration.

Even the LEFTY MSM are admitting No. 46 stuffed up and are now reporting negatively against the Spud 46. :(

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby DOC » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:54 am

Imagine being so shit that Biden beat you.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:37 am

And apart from myself daisy and apache you muppetts were happy about it
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby RB » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:29 pm

Ronnie wrote:The decline of American power and influence is a huge concern for everyone in the west. They don't seem to have the willpower. A military presence of some sort seemed to be holding the line. They have a military presence in a few countries.

Do we really want that to continue though? After 20 years, what has it delivered for the west?

As Biden said, how can you expect American soldiers to fight for a country that won't fight for itself?

Surely after Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, the futility of pro-longed occupations is clear by now?

I'd rather America's 'power and influence' be put to better use. Not that I want to see more war, but it would be better IMO if any future overseas American military action were concentrated on protecting liberal democracies (e.g. Taiwan) whose people are actually interested in defending themselves - notwithstanding the tragedy of Afghanistan and implications of Taliban rule on women.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:03 pm

Armchair expert wrote:And apart from myself daisy and apache you muppetts were happy about it

Spot on Armchair Expert theres a few others in our camp.

Its sad really they can not help being Muppets because some have been conditioned by the lefty lying MSM and Big Tech over the last 5 years especially the American people who were sucked in by a well orchestrated campaign what was that quote i posted some time ago.

The one who tells the stories controls society so relevant in these turbulent times.

I wonder what all the Americans that voted for Biden think of him now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby DOC » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:58 pm

They would think Uncle Arthur beats Uncle Pervy.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:32 am

This vid is around 15 minutes if ya got time to have a political laugh at the American Spuds achievements over the last 8 months. :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq_wELID80c

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:33 am

RB wrote:
Ronnie wrote:The decline of American power and influence is a huge concern for everyone in the west. They don't seem to have the willpower. A military presence of some sort seemed to be holding the line. They have a military presence in a few countries.

Do we really want that to continue though? After 20 years, what has it delivered for the west?

As Biden said, how can you expect American soldiers to fight for a country that won't fight for itself?

Surely after Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, the futility of pro-longed occupations is clear by now?

I'd rather America's 'power and influence' be put to better use. Not that I want to see more war, but it would be better IMO if any future overseas American military action were concentrated on protecting liberal democracies (e.g. Taiwan) whose people are actually interested in defending themselves - notwithstanding the tragedy of Afghanistan and implications of Taliban rule on women.

I totally agree RB they overstayed by 19 years but the issue is as most of the political commentators have reported lately is the botched up exit from Afghanistan by the current American administration which now has resulted in hundreds of lives being lost.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics