International Politics

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

International Politics

Postby stan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:01 am

Well it's probably good timing to start taking more about the rest of the world rather than just Australia and the US with AUKUS being formed.

How will this effect the 5i's? Almost like they are benched for this one.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: International Politics

Postby stan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:50 am

Relations with France now at an all time low. They have removed there ambassadors in Australia and the US after the submarine deal.

China have reacted in the normal way of welcoming additional US ana UK military presence in the Asia Pacific region.

Apachie would have enjoyed his mate Sleepy Joe forgetting ScMos name.
stan
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:13 am

Ha HA the American spuds dementia is getting worse.

Anyway back to the France and the subs.

Its been a debacle for the last 5 years i have followed this story from day one initially from memory Pyne had his finger prints all over it getting the sub deal it really was all about creating jobs and getting votes in SA for the Liberals.

Have listened to the experts most wanted Nuke subs from the start but the incompetent idiot beauracrats went with the French proposal diesel subs.

Any way for me its all a waste of money we now live in the age of drone warfare/ biological warfare/IT warfare etc if you want to paralyse the world take out all the communication satellites simple.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby stan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:17 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Ha HA the American spuds dementia is getting worse.

Its been a debacle for the last 5 years i have followed this story from day one initially from memory Pyne had his finger prints all over it getting the sub deal it really was all about creating jobs and getting votes in SA for the Liberals.

Have listened to the experts most wanted Nuke subs from the start but the incompetent idiot beauracrats went with the French proposal diesel subs.

Any way for me its all a waste of money we now live in the age of drone warfare/ biological warfare/IT warfare etc if you want to paralyse the world take out all the communication satellites simple.
Yes true there apachie, just knock out YouTube and you'd be all at sea ;)

Interesting times. The French sub option was seemingly a massive waste, yet it was supposed to be state of the art.

Pyne was all over it.

French really not happy.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:37 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Ha HA the American spuds dementia is getting worse.

What I have been saying for 5 years. Look how far the world has come in the past 10 - 15 years.
Our phones now control our lives - not our cars. Then the whole world is brought down by a virus.
Waste of money.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:37 pm

The French are saying that Australia told them as recently as the 30th of August there commitment to the existing subs deal.

They have also indicated that recalling there ambassadors from the US and Australia is more than just about the subs deal. They have other issues with the US at the moment.

The French are a big player in Europe and the EU on both defence and trade. Australia and the US need to make sure that relationship is not soured.

The French also added that the contract being cancelled is one thing but they were also surprised when they were not apart of the defence strategy going forward as Australia is currently considered a key point in the Asia Pacific region in regards to China.
stan
Coach

Postby RB » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:18 pm

I suspect that Macron being up for re-election in May has probably had some bearing on the French reaction.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:40 pm

The Sabre rattling from the west is concerning , again we just bend over and become a puppet on a string.

Where is our visionary that can build infrastructure for the future of OUR country like a system to bring water from the north to our water systems that have run dry on occasions and only to get worse in coming years.

And am sure China must be shaking in there boots with the subs to be complete 20-30 years.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby stan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:11 am

RB wrote:I suspect that Macron being up for re-election in May has probably had some bearing on the French reaction.
Yeah if course that will always come in to play.

The French are definitely throwing the hurt feelings around.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:14 am

shoe boy wrote:The Sabre rattling from the west is concerning , again we just bend over and become a puppet on a string.

Where is our visionary that can build infrastructure for the future of OUR country like a system to bring water from the north to our water systems that have run dry on occasions and only to get worse in coming years.

And am sure China must be shaking in there boots with the subs to be complete 20-30 years.
For China it's just an annoyance. They now have additional attention in the Asia Pacific. One area that China pretty much has free will to do as it pleases.

Australia in is a nothing more than a little inspect to them that they can just flick off as they please. They can wreck havoc with our trade and economy so easily.
stan
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:58 am

RB wrote:I suspect that Macron being up for re-election in May has probably had some bearing on the French reaction.

Spot on in my opinion with the 10 th straight weekend of massive protests around France against the vaccine passports somehow Macron will probably not survive as president in May 2022.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:02 am

stan wrote:The French are saying that Australia told them as recently as the 30th of August there commitment to the existing subs deal.

They have also indicated that recalling there ambassadors from the US and Australia is more than just about the subs deal. They have other issues with the US at the moment.

The French are a big player in Europe and the EU on both defence and trade. Australia and the US need to make sure that relationship is not soured.

The French also added that the contract being cancelled is one thing but they were also surprised when they were not apart of the defence strategy going forward as Australia is currently considered a key point in the Asia Pacific region in regards to China.

Totally agree France should of been part of AUKUS. due to their presence in the Pacific over the years re badge to AFUKUS. :lol:

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:18 am

Back to some US politics illegals still streaming in to the USA from all over the world .

The Spud and the Democrat policies not to good.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/us ... vi-AAOzXKC

It completly proves the Trump era policy worked quite well.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby stan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:04 am

Apachebulldog wrote:
stan wrote:The French are saying that Australia told them as recently as the 30th of August there commitment to the existing subs deal.

Totally agree France should of been part of AUKUS. due to their presence in the Pacific over the years re badge to AFUKUS. [emoji38]
Wasn't it going to be FAUKUS?

Anyway still believe the French need to be part of the APAC solution.

Australia need to link up more with the EU. Not just defence but on trade as well.

And oh yeah big Chinese company about to go bang bang and default of 300b of debt, Booney was good end to make a topic about it. Reckon the global economy will feel this one.
stan
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:40 am

stan wrote:And oh yeah big Chinese company about to go bang bang and default of 300b of debt, Booney was good end to make a topic about it. Reckon the global economy will feel this one.

$300b isn't insignificant, but then again it's 'only' 0.35% of the world economy. Will be interesting to see how many more dominos fall.
For comparison, the 2008 GFC saw roughly $9 trillion worth of defaults across a range of US companies.

A 5% dip in the Aussie market isn't an unlikely outcome, and on average occurs more than once a year, so we are due for a small correction anyway.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby stan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Trader wrote:
stan wrote:And oh yeah big Chinese company about to go bang bang and default of 300b of debt, Booney was good end to make a topic about it. Reckon the global economy will feel this one.

$300b isn't insignificant, but then again it's 'only' 0.35% of the world economy. Will be interesting to see how many more dominos fall.
For comparison, the 2008 GFC saw roughly $9 trillion worth of defaults across a range of US companies.

A 5% dip in the Aussie market isn't an unlikely outcome, and on average occurs more than once a year, so we are due for a small correction anyway.
Yeah easily a 5% correction,might even cool this housing market just a tad.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:47 am

Looks like they have found a way to pay some debts back and at this stage are not looking at defaulting just yet.

In other news, the frenchies won't take ScMos calls now.

The quad is meeting today as well.

What else, France is still riffe with massive protests each week right now. Plenty yod issues for Macron right now.
stan
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:33 pm

The Quad !! what more bullshit can we invent, we have "The AUKUS" " The Anzus" " The Apac" "The OECD" "The G7" "Nato" "The UN"

Have we worked out we live on a planet with 7 continents !
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:43 pm

shoe boy wrote:The Quad !! what more bullshit can we invent, we have "The AUKUS" " The Anzus" " The Apac" "The OECD" "The G7" "Nato" "The UN"

Five Eyes Alliance
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby stan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:39 pm

shoe boy wrote:The Quad !! what more bullshit can we invent, we have "The AUKUS" " The Anzus" " The Apac" "The OECD" "The G7" "Nato" "The UN"

I hadnt heard of the quad before a few weeks ago. Just so many these days.

Might as well call it Team against China.

Just in China, some interesting sounds about the TPP, the one and only TPP that Trump ditched 3 days into his term. Well China have made some noises about getting in on it.

Strange really considering the TPP was started to reduce the Chinese influence in that economic sector.

Just starting to see China err back to the economic battlefield more so now. I wonder if they are making a shift back to a more normal and less aggressive tactics now?
stan
Coach

Next

Board index   General Talk  Politics