Albanese Labor Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Albanese Labor Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:42 pm

JohnnyDog wrote:When is the blame game gonna stop regarding the energy crisis in Australia Labor blames Liberals in turn Liberals blame Labor and Greens personally i blame all polticians who have proscribed to the climate cult and green ideology/ fantasy to save the planet which also will solve our energy needs. Its seems all the green eggs have now hatched shortly we are going to pay the price we were warned by some of the experts. this will happen .Australia a country rich in coal gas uranium hydro wind and sun and we have an energy crisis. Unbelievable this stinks of profiteering by the multi nationals.
Solution bring back Tommy Playfords ETSA.

Maybe but most of Qld power generation, transmission and distribution etc is owned by the Qld government

https://www.qld.gov.au/housing/buying-o ... ity-system
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:15 pm

JohnnyDog wrote:When is the blame game gonna stop regarding the energy crisis in Australia Labor blames Liberals in turn Liberals blame Labor and Greens personally i blame all polticians who have proscribed to the climate cult and green ideology/ fantasy to save the planet which also will solve our energy needs. Its seems all the green eggs have now hatched shortly we are going to pay the price we were warned by some of the experts. this will happen .Australia a country rich in coal gas uranium hydro wind and sun and we have an energy crisis. Unbelievable this stinks of profiteering by the multi nationals.
Had to sell ETSA after Bannon and his Labor mates bankrupted the state
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:35 pm

Over the last 15 years there has been sweet **** all done by any energy minister.

All the reports and studies have been done and no decisions.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:25 am

stan wrote:
Over the last 15 years there has been sweet **** all done by any energy minister.

A lot of consultants have made a crap load of money doing studies so it looks like the energy ministers were actually doing something
At least the last state government approved a new interconnection
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:03 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:

A lot of consultants have made a crap load of money doing studies so it looks like the energy ministers were actually doing something
Exactly, alot of nothing happening. Especially at Fed level.

The Libs approved the interconnection and the previous Labor government built the 200MW of standby diesel power station. Which was then sold off by the Libs to a private company who have taken them offline to convert to gas and moved them to Bolivar. Hopefully they'll be energised soon and that's an additional 200MW to SAs grid. Actually not a bad solution to moved them from standby to a market player. Personally I think the government should of hung in to them, the overall solution was always to convert them to gas and then have a state owned generator running, jus to keep AGL honest, in which over the last 10 years in this state AGL have been far from honest.

Still that's alot more than what the feds have done.

Feds talked and talked about a new coal fired station but of course never happened.

Snowy 2.0 has been delayed and delayed.

Honestly they need to get these projects going.

Also start punishing these generators that have been gaming the market. AGL have done that for the last 10 years in SA, made huge profits and nothing.
stan
Coach

Postby JohnnyDog » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:01 am

After the horse has bolted they all come to this conclusion.

It will be a bumpy and challenging road but Q+A panellists have backed Labor's ambitious, grand plan to rewire the nation's energy grid.

"As Australia continues to wade through a national crisis that has seen the wholesale electricity spot market suspended, Energy Minister Chris Bowen on Thursday said the government will stick to its guns and look to radically upgrade transmission in Australia by connecting significantly more renewable power to the grid.

"We need to build 10,000km more of transmission lines, we need to increase our storage by nine times and that's a massive challenge … and we need to get on with it," Mr Bowen said."
The experts have been saying for years wheres the infrasrtucture to accommodate all these renewables this is going to cost us Australians billions of dollars.

With 6 more coal fired power stations to close by 2030 and with further expenditure on renewables and infrastructure Australia is gonna be stuffed and bankrupt'
The real problem in my opinion is all the profiteering by the multi national owners i wonder if Labor will now nationalise our utilities.
JohnnyDog

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:14 pm

MAGA
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:15 pm

stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:

The Libs approved the interconnection and the previous Labor government built the 200MW of standby diesel power station. Which was then sold off by the Libs to a private company who have taken them offline to convert to gas and moved them to Bolivar. Hopefully they'll be energised soon and that's an additional 200MW to SAs grid. Actually not a bad solution to moved them from standby to a market player. Personally I think the government should of hung in to them, the overall solution was always to convert them to gas and then have a state owned generator running, jus to keep AGL honest, in which over the last 10 years in this state AGL have been far from honest.

Feds talked and talked about a new coal fired station but of course never happened.

Also start punishing these generators that have been gaming the market. AGL have done that for the last 10 years in SA, made huge profits and nothing.

When did they build a 200MW power station?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:18 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:[quote="JohnnyDog"]When is the blame game gonna stop regarding the energy crisis in Australia Labor blames Liberals in turn Liberals blame Labor and Greens personally i blame all polticians who have proscribed to the climate cult and green ideology/ fantasy to save the planet which also will solve our energy needs. Its seems all the green eggs have now hatched shortly we are going to pay the price we were warned by some of the experts. this will happen .Australia a country rich in coal gas uranium hydro wind and sun and we have an energy crisis. Unbelievable this stinks of profiteering by the multi nationals.

When did they build a 200MW power station?[/quote]2 X 100MW sits, both diesels at the time that can be converted to gas. The purpose of getting them diesel was to get them available as soon as possible.

One installed North of the city, I think at the only Holden site and the other next to the desal plant.

As I said built to operate under emergency only, worked well. Brought on only a few time when Victoria had problems.

Libs sold them off when they came to power and the owner is connecting them to gas. I think they are all being relocated together adjacent to Bolivar.

Personally I think they always needed to be online market players. AGL have games the market for 10 years and just sat there whilst the media blamed everything else under the sun. Meanwhile AGL have made $millions in profit of this time.

Just needed more competition in the market.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:21 pm

Ah sorry you asked when. Can't remember was it 2017 or something like that?
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:41 am

stan wrote:Ah sorry you asked when. Can't remember was it 2017 or something like that?

Are you talking about the diesel turbines that idiot bought for $550m @stan
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby cracka » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:17 pm

Greens already playing funny buggers. Please don't F*** it up like they did for Rudd & Gillard. Don't want to go back to the Liberal corruption of the last 10 years
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby JohnnyDog » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:37 pm

Yep the Greens with that crackpot Bandt what a disgrace no respect for the Australian flag if he doe not like Australia just P##S the **** off.
JohnnyDog

Postby stan » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:18 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:Ah sorry you asked when. Can't remember was it 2017 or something like that?

Are you talking about the diesel turbines that idiot bought for $550m @stan
Correct. Needed to be market players and not standby.
stan
Coach

Postby JohnnyDog » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:36 am

Alba kneeze should get off them stay out of Ukraine stop his virture signalling and head back to Australia and try to sort out our problems.
JohnnyDog

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:40 am

JohnnyDog wrote:Alba kneeze should get off them stay out of Ukraine stop his virture signalling and head back to Australia and try to sort out our problems.
I actually applaud him for it and great to see us throw more military equipment their way. Fantastic that he has also called out Russia and has increased sanctions against them.
Jim05
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:47 am

Jim05 wrote:
JohnnyDog wrote:Alba kneeze should get off them stay out of Ukraine stop his virture signalling and head back to Australia and try to sort out our problems.
I actually applaud him for it and great to see us throw more military equipment their way. Fantastic that he has also called out Russia and has increased sanctions against them.

How about throw some money and arms Palestine way? AND call out Israel.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:46 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Floods............electricity prices.........blackouts...........stock market crash...............
Scomo would have had the ferals baying for blood for being overseas

It looks like he's been overseas more than here since being elected
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:13 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Floods............electricity prices.........blackouts...........stock market crash...............
Scomo would have had the ferals baying for blood for being overseas

It looks like he's been overseas more than here since being elected
I can’t stand Albanese but I think being overseas trying to mend our international relations is more reasonable than sipping cocktails by the pool in Hawaii on vacation ;)
Jim05
Coach

Postby tipper » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:17 pm

yeah, being away for work, and being away on holiday (and initially hiding the fact you are away on holiday) are two very different things
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics