Albanese Labor Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Albanese Labor Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
JohnnyDog wrote:Alba kneeze should get off them stay out of Ukraine stop his virture signalling and head back to Australia and try to sort out our problems.
I actually applaud him for it and great to see us throw more military equipment their way. Fantastic that he has also called out Russia and has increased sanctions against them.

Floods............electricity prices.........blackouts...........stock market crash...............
Scomo would have had the ferals baying for blood for being overseas

It looks like he's been overseas more than here since being elected
I can’t stand Albanese but I think being overseas trying to mend our international relations is more reasonable than sipping cocktails by the pool in Hawaii on vacation ;)

He still needs to get home and get on the sandbags - that's his job!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby JohnnyDog » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:23 pm

Any one on here read The Advertiser page 59 in the Business section last Friday 1st July Terry Mccrann's journalistic masterpiece " Energy road map back to the 18th century "

Basically a view on the AEMO strategy and renewables he describes 'In a word useless. In two words utterly useless. In three words destructively utterly useless"
He finishes the article with the following.

" Led by that idiotic twerp, posturing with his Climate Change and Energy ministerial title and wanting even bigger and faster CO2 cuts? AEMO has inadvertently detailed our back to the 18th century future "

He does't mince words thats for sure.
JohnnyDog

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:48 pm

JohnnyDog wrote:Any one on here read The Advertiser page 59 in the Business section last Friday 1st July Terry Mccrann's journalistic masterpiece " Energy road map back to the 18th century "

Basically a view on the AEMO strategy and renewables he describes 'In a word useless. In two words utterly useless. In three words destructively utterly useless"
He finishes the article with the following.

" Led by that idiotic twerp, posturing with his Climate Change and Energy ministerial title and wanting even bigger and faster CO2 cuts? AEMO has inadvertently detailed our back to the 18th century future "

He does't mince words thats for sure.

Yes Murdoch "journalists" can be trusted regarding climate change

100%

What is Bolts opinion?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby DOC » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:59 pm

He also wrote 20 masterpieces on how and why Albanese would never be Prime Minister.

The problem with your quote of his "'In a word useless. In two words utterly useless. In three words destructively utterly useless" to which you attribute it as referencing "a view on the AEMO strategy and renewables" is not correct.

It is a direct reference to "our 21st century windmills and solar systems are so much more sophisticated than those old things (18th century windmills). Except of course they are exactly the same when the wind don't blow and the sun don't shine".

I wait for Terry to write a piece on what 18th century solar systems were in existence and how a windmill can ever produce electricity in any century. Perhaps he should write about wind turbines.

Good to see that you still quote MSM even though you never read, watch or listen to it.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby JohnnyDog » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:01 pm

Its not about trust its about having the appropriate infra structure in place for 24/7 reliable power that we have been used to for around a hundred years or so you do not just destroy fossil fuel electricity generation just to get that green fuzzy euphoric feelin in your brain until everything is in place it might take fifty years a hundred years who knows most people are all for renewables the problem is the green kool aide drinkers who want all this to happen as of yesterday not possible actually it is possiblle if we all want to live in the dark.
JohnnyDog

Postby JohnnyDog » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:06 pm

Dont need Murdoch or Bolt or whoever you like to conjure up.
JohnnyDog

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:07 pm

DOC wrote:He also wrote 20 masterpieces on how and why Albanese would never be Prime Minister.

The problem with your quote of his "'In a word useless. In two words utterly useless. In three words destructively utterly useless" to which you attribute it as referencing "a view on the AEMO strategy and renewables" is not correct.

It is a direct reference to "our 21st century windmills and solar systems are so much more sophisticated than those old things (18th century windmills). Except of course they are exactly the same when the wind don't blow and the sun don't shine".

I wait for Terry to write a piece on what 18th century solar systems were in existence and how a windmill can ever produce electricity in any century. Perhaps he should write about wind turbines.

Good to see that you still quote MSM even though you never read, watch or listen to it.

Nice counter balance to "the science is settled" idiots
Attachments
fools-fools-.jpg
fools-fools-.jpg (13.77 KiB) Viewed 812 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:51 pm

JohnnyDog wrote:Its not about trust its about having the appropriate infra structure in place for 24/7 reliable power that we have been used to for around a hundred years or so you do not just destroy fossil fuel electricity generation just to get that green fuzzy euphoric feelin in your brain until everything is in place it might take fifty years a hundred years who knows most people are all for renewables the problem is the green kool aide drinkers who want all this to happen as of yesterday not possible actually it is possiblle if we all want to live in the dark.
Terry hasn't analysed the data correctly and simply gone with more coal and not enough coal is bad.

He's just jumped on the anything not fossil fuel is bad. It's clear what camp he is in. He has out forward a political argument and not a technical one.

Just I be clear and I need from be clear with you as you have a problem with understanding anything I write, I don't agree with the Aemo 30 year plan. It's not going to work unless we have some significant improvements in technology going forward. This is from a Power Systems Engineering perspective. ,

However it's more of a plan than what we have seen in the last 10 years.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:54 pm

stan wrote:
JohnnyDog wrote:Its not about trust its about having the appropriate infra structure in place for 24/7 reliable power that we have been used to for around a hundred years or so you do not just destroy fossil fuel electricity generation just to get that green fuzzy euphoric feelin in your brain until everything is in place it might take fifty years a hundred years who knows most people are all for renewables the problem is the green kool aide drinkers who want all this to happen as of yesterday not possible actually it is possiblle if we all want to live in the dark.
Terry hasn't analysed the data correctly and simply gone with more coal and not enough coal is bad.

He's just jumped on the anything not fossil fuel is bad. It's clear what camp he is in. He has out forward a political argument and not a technical one.

Just I be clear and I need from be clear with you as you have a problem with understanding anything I write, I don't agree with the Aemo 30 year plan. It's not going to work unless we have some significant improvements in technology going forward. This is from a Power Systems Engineering perspective. ,

What data is that?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby JohnnyDog » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:57 am

I have a very simple energy plan don't kill the hens until all the chickens have hatched.
JohnnyDog

Postby stan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:20 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:

What data is that?
What do you mean what data?

I assume that Terry and with Johnny's help has analysed the generation capacity of the current and proposed plants along with the growth and demand around the country in order to provide an article such as he did to say it was completely useless.

I mean I have and I must say that I don't like the plan either, there is a massive assumption about projects getting off the ground (private and public funded).

I assume that Terry has done the work required.
stan
Coach

Postby JohnnyDog » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:02 am

In a nutshell there Stan what plan by 2030 there will be no coal fired power generation maybe gas but hang on isnt gas a fossil fuel ?
So how is wind and solar going to give us 24/7 reliable consistant base load power also with the increase in population the expensive petrol/diesel fuel cheaper electric cars all which will result in the increase of electric cars on the road. Where is our reliable power gonna come from may be will have to go back to the horse and cart or just shanks pony.
JohnnyDog

Postby stan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:30 am

JohnnyDog wrote:In a nutshell there Stan what plan by 2030 there will be no coal fired power generation maybe gas but hang on isnt gas a fossil fuel ?
So how is wind and solar going to give us 24/7 reliable consistant base load power also with the increase in population the expensive petrol/diesel fuel cheaper electric cars all which will result in the increase of electric cars on the road. Where is our reliable power gonna come from may be will have to go back to the horse and cart or just shanks pony.
Did you read the part where I also say it's a bad plan.

I was just critical or Terry for a piss poor article.

The mix is completely wrong and the Aemo plan makes assumptions about projects and technology that will be available.

The energy crisis is caused by having absolute no plan and I am also critical of the LNP as for the last 10years had no plan.

I recall having an interaction with a SA lib MP in the last few years about an energy plan and was told to contact there office and I would have th details. All I got was a very snarky person on the phone who's basic response was why do you need to know.
stan
Coach

Postby JohnnyDog » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:06 pm

Well there ya go we are all ion trouble due this green dream fantasy.
JohnnyDog

Postby stan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:42 pm

JohnnyDog wrote:Well there ya go we are all ion trouble due this green dream fantasy.
The problem is having no plan has lead us down this path. The LNP had 10 years to get there shite together.

No planning and no thought and here we are.
stan
Coach

Postby Psyber » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:33 pm

JohnnyDog wrote:In a nutshell there Stan what plan by 2030 there will be no coal fired power generation maybe gas but hang on isnt gas a fossil fuel ?

France has demonstrated for decades how safe and reliable nuclear power can be if you deal with it properly, and don't build the plants in flood prone areas or have your back up generator facilities in floodable basements like they did in Japan.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby JohnnyDog » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:19 am

Totally agree with ya Stan got no problem with ya thoughts you are right what plan i also agree with Psyber Nuclear is the way to go with the new generation SMR Nuclear plants which could be located at strategic safe areas say a 100km s from major cities around Australia also if our politicians had any nous and vision they could build bigger nuclear plants in the centre of Australia and generate massive amounts of power that could be supplied to Asia can you imagine the revenue from this enterprise aaghh its great to day dream.
JohnnyDog

Postby stan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:59 am

JohnnyDog wrote:Totally agree with ya Stan got no problem with ya thoughts you are right what plan i also agree with Psyber Nuclear is the way to go with the new generation SMR Nuclear plants which could be located at strategic safe areas say a 100km s from major cities around Australia also if our politicians had any nous and vision they could build bigger nuclear plants in the centre of Australia and generate massive amounts of power that could be supplied to Asia can you imagine the revenue from this enterprise aaghh its great to day dream.
I don't garden with you much but you hit the nail on the head when you said our politicians have no vision.

It is a massive issue with all Australian politics at the moment. No long term vision.

I do believe nuclear needs another look and a revised feasibility study based on the issue into he current climate.

Sure when coals and gas generators were sitting around that $70/MWhr mark it didn't add up, might be bit different now.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:21 pm

stan wrote:
JohnnyDog wrote:Totally agree with ya Stan got no problem with ya thoughts you are right what plan i also agree with Psyber Nuclear is the way to go with the new generation SMR Nuclear plants which could be located at strategic safe areas say a 100km s from major cities around Australia also if our politicians had any nous and vision they could build bigger nuclear plants in the centre of Australia and generate massive amounts of power that could be supplied to Asia can you imagine the revenue from this enterprise aaghh its great to day dream.
I don't garden with you much but you hit the nail on the head when you said our politicians have no vision.

It is a massive issue with all Australian politics at the moment. No long term vision.

I do believe nuclear needs another look and a revised feasibility study based on the issue into he current climate.

Sure when coals and gas generators were sitting around that $70/MWhr mark it didn't add up, might be bit different now.

But we've already had a Nuclear Royal Commission
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:28 pm

Nuclear will end up costing a fortune.
Businesses will charge massive amounts for waste disposal.
They'll also make handy profits knowing the energy provider has no choice but to pay them what they want.

Capitalism will rule and they'll find a way to make it just as expensive as coal or gas.

Its not, how can we make electricity cheaper, its how can we make a buck out of generating it.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics