Albanese Labor Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Albanese Labor Govt Watch

Postby Trader » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:40 pm

RB wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Albo turns his back on veterans affairs, good move cock head.

?

I'm assuming CM is referring to the fact that the minister for veterans affairs is no longer part of cabinet.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-31/ ... /101113130
Veterans' affairs has been shifted to the outer ministry
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby RB » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:59 pm

Cheers. Not sure that that amounts to Albo 'turning his back on veterans affairs' though.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:00 pm

RB wrote:Cheers. Not sure that that amounts to Albo 'turning his back on veterans affairs' though.

Well it’s certainly not making it a priority is it!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:27 pm

Corona Man wrote:
RB wrote:

?

Not worthy of a ministry nor a minister.

Still has a minister and is still in the ministry.
Just been moved out of cabinet which is fair enough as it's relatively a tiny (but important) area.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RB » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:35 pm

It appears that Albo has also appointed an assistant minister of VA (there wasn't one under the previous government).

So there are now two ministers responsible for VA in the outer ministry, as compared with one previously, albeit he was in cabinet.

It also appears that ministries move in and out of cabinet from time to time, although VA is not usually a cabinet position (e.g. it's only been a cabinet position for 3 years in the last 30).

I suppose you could make the same argument whatever ministry is moved out of cabinet.

I would've thought that the actual support provided to veterans is a much better demonstration of a prime minister's commitment to them, than whether or not the VA minister is in cabinet.

We'll see what happens on that score but I hardly think it's accurate at this stage to say that Albo has turned his back on veterans affairs.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:36 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
RB wrote:

?

Not worthy of a ministry nor a minister.

Still has a minister and is still in the ministry.
Just been moved out of cabinet which is fair enough as it's relatively a tiny (but important) area.

Is it more about the person or the ministry?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:03 pm

The Reserve Bank has raised the cash rate from 0.35% to 0.85%, RBA Governor Philip Lowe has confirmed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:08 am

Booney wrote:The Reserve Bank has raised the cash rate from 0.35% to 0.85%, RBA Governor Philip Lowe has confirmed.
I think that was expected. Should nicely slow and already housing market, or the eastern states I should say. Adelaide still seems to be performing well.

I feel they'll sit on that for a few months now and see the results. With Economic growth slowing on the last 2 months I would say this will have the impact the RBA needs for inflation partly.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby JohnnyDog » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:22 am

Each way Albo has backflipped on the coal issue Labor has asked operators to pump up production due to impending energy crisis this will make the Greens see Red. Whats in store for all of us this winter and the coming summer ????
JohnnyDog

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:35 am

stan wrote:
Booney wrote:The Reserve Bank has raised the cash rate from 0.35% to 0.85%, RBA Governor Philip Lowe has confirmed.
I think that was expected. Should nicely slow and already housing market, or the eastern states I should say. Adelaide still seems to be performing well.

I feel they'll sit on that for a few months now and see the results. With Economic growth slowing on the last 2 months I would say this will have the impact the RBA needs for inflation partly.

Looks like some people didn't think rates would ever increase so now they are complaining
Cant wait for the call for government assistance
Some governments go out of their way to make people dependant upon them so they can harvest votes so its not unexpected
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:01 pm

Who would have thought record low interest rates would rise?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:36 pm

Brodlach wrote:Who would have thought record low interest rates would rise?

Generations who live for the moment........
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby DOC » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:31 pm

JohnnyDog wrote:Each way Albo has backflipped on the coal issue Labor has asked operators to pump up production due to impending energy crisis this will make the Greens see Red. Whats in store for all of us this winter and the coming summer ????

Don't think this is correct.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby JohnnyDog » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:27 am

Been reading various articles pertaining to the energy crisis. This in the daily mail.

'Bring back coal NOW: Labor BEGS the energy industry to turn on MORE fossil fuel-powered plants to help ease the soaring cost of bills - just days after declaring they'd take 'real action on climate change'

Only problem now not too many left to turn on SA VIC and NSW have closed and destroyed some of theres interesting times ahead for us citizens.
JohnnyDog

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:37 am

JohnnyDog wrote:Been reading various articles pertaining to the energy crisis. This in the daily mail.

'Bring back coal NOW: Labor BEGS the energy industry to turn on MORE fossil fuel-powered plants to help ease the soaring cost of bills - just days after declaring they'd take 'real action on climate change'

Only problem now not too many left to turn on SA VIC and NSW have closed and destroyed some of theres interesting times ahead for us citizens.

We need some of those Albo solar panels that work at night so you dont need the sun
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:00 pm

JohnnyDog wrote:Been reading various articles pertaining to the energy crisis. This in the daily mail.

Oh please =))
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:01 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

We need some of those Albo solar panels that work at night so you dont need the sun

Jimmy let it go. 8-}
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:32 am

shoe boy wrote:

Oh please =))

Oh please

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/101130832
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:44 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Oh please =))

Oh please

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/101130832
Well essentially it is, you'll need to bring coal back on line through winter and summer.

Before we all jump on the SA coal plant and do a Rob Greenwood and spout of statements without knowledge (look out, ken will get you) you need to understand the issues at play, and if you do understand the issues, hit me up and we can go through it. Don't spout of crap about the old Northern Power Station unless you know why you are talking about.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby JohnnyDog » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:56 pm

When is the blame game gonna stop regarding the energy crisis in Australia Labor blames Liberals in turn Liberals blame Labor and Greens personally i blame all polticians who have proscribed to the climate cult and green ideology/ fantasy to save the planet which also will solve our energy needs. Its seems all the green eggs have now hatched shortly we are going to pay the price we were warned by some of the experts. this will happen .Australia a country rich in coal gas uranium hydro wind and sun and we have an energy crisis. Unbelievable this stinks of profiteering by the multi nationals.
Solution bring back Tommy Playfords ETSA.
JohnnyDog

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics