Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Snags » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:47 pm

It’s sad to say this but I don’t blame balaklava for wanting to change leagues.
Talking to mates who have and still do play in neighbouring leagues makes me jealous of the professionalism compared to APFL.
We can’t fill the board this year and we are always the least organised when it comes to releasing fixtures etc for the upcoming seasons + now talks of shorter seasons when I personally think it’s already too short.
The way it is currently going with what I’ve explained, as well as the gaps between some clubs (which is getting slightly better), If we don’t lose balak, we will lose a lot of players Across the league and No one will want to come to our league.
Happy to hear everyone’s opinions on all this... is this a sign we maybe all go seperate ways and APFL disappears?
Balak, hummocks - NAFA or NEFL
two wells, mallala - Barossa
Virginia, angle vale - metro
Hamley, long plains - not sure due to numbers of juniors etc..
Snags
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:44 pm
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 33 times
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:13 pm

Might be time for a realignment of country leagues ?
Some clubs are in leagues and have been uncompetitive for long periods
Do they have the resources and money to stay in there present competitions?
A couple in the Barossa APFL and NEFl come to mind
Bute last year a good example of finding their competitive level
Arry Gablett
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:55 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Information HWY » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:01 am

Agreed - the Balaklava situation and the success of Bute last season should lead to some serious questions being asked. The APFL Board (noted they're all volunteers) need some SANFL assistance to get back on the right path with general administration.

1) United and Hamley Bridge could merge (Plains Bombers/Plains Tigers/Plains _________)

2) United could potentially merge with Mallala or HWE (playing a few games a year at Long Plains)

3) Hamley Bridge could potentially merge with Freeling or start to play SOME games/train at Roseworthy (University ground) and cast the net a little wider for players, members and sponsors


Snags wrote:It’s sad to say this but I don’t blame balaklava for wanting to change leagues.
Talking to mates who have and still do play in neighbouring leagues makes me jealous of the professionalism compared to APFL.
We can’t fill the board this year and we are always the least organised when it comes to releasing fixtures etc for the upcoming seasons + now talks of shorter seasons when I personally think it’s already too short.
The way it is currently going with what I’ve explained, as well as the gaps between some clubs (which is getting slightly better), If we don’t lose balak, we will lose a lot of players Across the league and No one will want to come to our league.
Happy to hear everyone’s opinions on all this... is this a sign we maybe all go seperate ways and APFL disappears?
Balak, hummocks - NAFA or NEFL
two wells, mallala - Barossa
Virginia, angle vale - metro
Hamley, long plains - not sure due to numbers of juniors etc..
Last edited by Information HWY on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Information HWY
Member
 
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:29 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Information HWY » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:07 am

Great article on Balaklava's Jacob Wehr coming from local footy to being drafted to the AFL ... all in five months!

https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/844679/from-no-wehr

GWS W.png
GWS W.png (389.57 KiB) Viewed 3442 times
Information HWY
Member
 
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:29 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:24 pm

Information HWY wrote:Agreed - the Balaklava situation and the success of Bute last season should lead to some serious questions being asked. The APFL Board (noted they're all volunteers) need some SANFL assistance to get back on the right path with general administration.

1) United and Hamley Bridge could merge (Plains Bombers/Plains Tigers/Plains _________)

2) United could potentially merge with Mallala or HWE (playing a few games a year at Long Plains)

3) Hamley Bridge could potentially merge with Freeling or start to play SOME games/train at Roseworthy (University ground) and cast the net a little wider for players, members and sponsors


Snags wrote:It’s sad to say this but I don’t blame balaklava for wanting to change leagues.
Talking to mates who have and still do play in neighbouring leagues makes me jealous of the professionalism compared to APFL.
We can’t fill the board this year and we are always the least organised when it comes to releasing fixtures etc for the upcoming seasons + now talks of shorter seasons when I personally think it’s already too short.
The way it is currently going with what I’ve explained, as well as the gaps between some clubs (which is getting slightly better), If we don’t lose balak, we will lose a lot of players Across the league and No one will want to come to our league.
Happy to hear everyone’s opinions on all this... is this a sign we maybe all go seperate ways and APFL disappears?
Balak, hummocks - NAFA or NEFL
two wells, mallala - Barossa
Virginia, angle vale - metro
Hamley, long plains - not sure due to numbers of juniors etc..

Balaklava 1 premiership in 20yrs compared to Mallala/TW/Humm/Virginia, They think their to good here??
magpieeagle
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:56 pm
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 62 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Information HWY » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:35 am

magpieeagle wrote: Balaklava 1 premiership in 20yrs compared to Mallala/TW/Humm/Virginia, They think their to good here??


I think Balaklava's main gripe is the changing culture of the League (focusing on regular incidents involving Virginia and Angle Vale). No doubt Angle Vale's juniors bring strength to the APFL, but a history of ongoing incidents and apparent lack of focus on the netball side of the Club goes against the value of traditional country football/netball clubs.

Just an outsiders view, happy to stand corrected!
Information HWY
Member
 
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:29 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Information HWY wrote:
magpieeagle wrote: Balaklava 1 premiership in 20yrs compared to Mallala/TW/Humm/Virginia, They think their to good here??


I think Balaklava's main gripe is the changing culture of the League (focusing on regular incidents involving Virginia and Angle Vale). No doubt Angle Vale's juniors bring strength to the APFL, but a history of ongoing incidents and apparent lack of focus on the netball side of the Club goes against the value of traditional country football/netball clubs.

Just an outsiders view, happy to stand corrected!

Totally agree on that aspect, No netball or lack of teams has been a ongoing issue long enough for 2 clubs and it needs to be addressed, when teams like LP/Hamley can still get netball sides up there really isn't any excuse for other clubs, and culture! Other ongoing issue for yrs and never been addressed fully by this league,
magpieeagle
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:56 pm
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 62 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:27 am

magpieeagle wrote:
Information HWY wrote:
magpieeagle wrote: Balaklava 1 premiership in 20yrs compared to Mallala/TW/Humm/Virginia, They think their to good here??


I think Balaklava's main gripe is the changing culture of the League (focusing on regular incidents involving Virginia and Angle Vale). No doubt Angle Vale's juniors bring strength to the APFL, but a history of ongoing incidents and apparent lack of focus on the netball side of the Club goes against the value of traditional country football/netball clubs.

Just an outsiders view, happy to stand corrected!

Totally agree on that aspect, No netball or lack of teams has been a ongoing issue long enough for 2 clubs and it needs to be addressed, when teams like LP/Hamley can still get netball sides up there really isn't any excuse for other clubs, and culture! Other ongoing issue for yrs and never been addressed fully by this league,


Angle Vale can produce 6 senior netball teams at Argana Park on a Wednesday Night. Until they pull out from playing Argana Park netball and focus on getting Saturday teams they never will. Most people struggle to play one game a week nevermind two.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21689
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3681 times
Been liked: 1586 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Information HWY » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:22 am

Balaklava Football Club’s bid to move to North Eastern Football League denied

BFC APFL NEFL.png
BFC APFL NEFL.png (549.67 KiB) Viewed 1732 times


A country football club’s bid to move to a league further north will have to wait until at least 2022.

Balaklava made an application to SANFL’s Community Football in October asking it to investigate allowing the club to move to the North Eastern Football League in 2021.

But that application was denied in December, leaving the Peckers to line up in the Adelaide Plains Football League again this season.

Balaklava needed the SANFL Community Football to investigate then sign off on a request to switch leagues.

It also required 80 per cent of its members to agree before making a formal application to the North Eastern Football League.

The Peckers, which had fielded a team in the Adelaide Plans since 1940, decided against playing in the shortened 2020 season due to COVID-19.

President Daniel Butterfield said the club was told to concentrate on returning to playing football rather than focus on switching leagues.

Butterfield did not, however, rule out a move in 2022.

“They just want us to focus on footy, so that’s what we are going to do,” Butterfield said.

“An application was lodged with Community Football to ask them to investigate us moving.

“But they just thought with not playing football (last year) they just wanted us to focus on getting back and the rest of the associations getting back to normal before we made any drastic changes.

“I think it’s fair enough, it would’ve been a tough decision either way, so it’s good for us to focus on footy again and see what happens after that.”

Balaklava flagged its desire to play in the North Eastern League late last year, saying members and players were looking at a “change” after spending many years in the same competition.

The Peckers finished top of the Adelaide Plains ladder in 2019 but bowed out of the major round after losing the preliminary final to Hummocks Watchman Eagles.

Their last flag was won in 2011.

SANFL Head of Community Football Lisa Faraci said the priority for all clubs, especially those that did not field teams last season, was to get back on the field in 2021.

“In accordance with Community Football regulations this was investigated by an independent committee comprising representatives of both the Community Football and Regional Football Advisory committees,” Faraci said.

“Given that Balaklava had not competed in 2020 ... it was unclear how many players, volunteers and members would be returning in 2021.

“To allow Balaklava’s move at this point in time could therefore be at the detriment of a successful return to play for all clubs in the region.

“Right now, the focus for SANFL Community Football, affiliated leagues and every club is on a recovery phase and successful return to play in a COVID-19 environment in season 2021.”

Adelaide Plains Football League president Michael Vigor said Balaklava was an important part of the competition.

“There was very little likelihood of Balaklava moving out of the league,” Vigor said.

“As far as we are concerned, Balaklava was always playing in our league (in 2021).

“We weren’t just going to let any club walk out on a whim.”

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... ews-story/
Information HWY
Member
 
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:29 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:52 am

Hopefully Balaklava genuinely attempt to resolve some of the key issues that have led to some of its members and players wanting to throw the toys out of the cot and play somewhere else. It is likley that some of the issues that Balaklava have raised align with those of other clubs around the competition - fingers crossed they show some leadership and attempt to work with the board and clubs to resolve them. As it currently stands, from my perspective, they look like a bunch of sooks and are happy to throw away decades of history as one of the premier clubs in the Adelaide Plains because they are not getting their own way. It would be a shame for the long-time servants of their club, and of course the APFL. Time will tell!
User avatar
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 am
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:22 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:Hopefully Balaklava genuinely attempt to resolve some of the key issues that have led to some of its members and players wanting to throw the toys out of the cot and play somewhere else. It is likley that some of the issues that Balaklava have raised align with those of other clubs around the competition - fingers crossed they show some leadership and attempt to work with the board and clubs to resolve them. As it currently stands, from my perspective, they look like a bunch of sooks and are happy to throw away decades of history as one of the premier clubs in the Adelaide Plains because they are not getting their own way. It would be a shame for the long-time servants of their club, and of course the APFL. Time will tell!


I would contend that it's the league's problem to deal with club issues, such as those which Balaklava are allegedly wanting to leave for.
Any football club's focus should be on bettering their own club, not the league that they play in; the by-product of this would be that the league would benefit from having a strong club/clubs.

Given the board's seeming ineptness over many years, if I was on a club committee I wouldn't be in a hurry to try and fix the issues that the league is currently faced with at the detriment of making my own club better. I would also suggest that the history of a league is of little relevance to a club in comparison to the history of their own club.

Not all the issues that the league faces are able to be controlled by the clubs/league (i.e. player numbers), but behavioural or cultural issues which pertain to a club should be addressed by the league and the club themselves.

Each to their own though - I think it's clear through my response that I side with the footy club over most of the reasons that were floated as why they wanted to play footy in a different competition.
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:13 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:48 am

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Hopefully Balaklava genuinely attempt to resolve some of the key issues that have led to some of its members and players wanting to throw the toys out of the cot and play somewhere else. It is likley that some of the issues that Balaklava have raised align with those of other clubs around the competition - fingers crossed they show some leadership and attempt to work with the board and clubs to resolve them. As it currently stands, from my perspective, they look like a bunch of sooks and are happy to throw away decades of history as one of the premier clubs in the Adelaide Plains because they are not getting their own way. It would be a shame for the long-time servants of their club, and of course the APFL. Time will tell!


I would contend that it's the league's problem to deal with club issues, such as those which Balaklava are allegedly wanting to leave for.
Any football club's focus should be on bettering their own club, not the league that they play in; the by-product of this would be that the league would benefit from having a strong club/clubs.

Given the board's seeming ineptness over many years, if I was on a club committee I wouldn't be in a hurry to try and fix the issues that the league is currently faced with at the detriment of making my own club better. I would also suggest that the history of a league is of little relevance to a club in comparison to the history of their own club.

Not all the issues that the league faces are able to be controlled by the clubs/league (i.e. player numbers), but behavioural or cultural issues which pertain to a club should be addressed by the league and the club themselves.

Each to their own though - I think it's clear through my response that I side with the footy club over most of the reasons that were floated as why they wanted to play footy in a different competition.


And that pretty much sums up Balaklava in a nutshell :roll: I'm interested in your view of how fixing issues at league level will be at the detriment of making your club better?

Why would any other league want to take on a club that deals with issues in such a way. What happens if they don't get their own way in the next league?

I agree that not all issues at league level can be controlled by clubs, but many can if they are raised and attempts are made to work through these rather than scampering away because its seemingly all too hard.
User avatar
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 am
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:59 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Hopefully Balaklava genuinely attempt to resolve some of the key issues that have led to some of its members and players wanting to throw the toys out of the cot and play somewhere else. It is likley that some of the issues that Balaklava have raised align with those of other clubs around the competition - fingers crossed they show some leadership and attempt to work with the board and clubs to resolve them. As it currently stands, from my perspective, they look like a bunch of sooks and are happy to throw away decades of history as one of the premier clubs in the Adelaide Plains because they are not getting their own way. It would be a shame for the long-time servants of their club, and of course the APFL. Time will tell!


I would contend that it's the league's problem to deal with club issues, such as those which Balaklava are allegedly wanting to leave for.
Any football club's focus should be on bettering their own club, not the league that they play in; the by-product of this would be that the league would benefit from having a strong club/clubs.

Given the board's seeming ineptness over many years, if I was on a club committee I wouldn't be in a hurry to try and fix the issues that the league is currently faced with at the detriment of making my own club better. I would also suggest that the history of a league is of little relevance to a club in comparison to the history of their own club.

Not all the issues that the league faces are able to be controlled by the clubs/league (i.e. player numbers), but behavioural or cultural issues which pertain to a club should be addressed by the league and the club themselves.

Each to their own though - I think it's clear through my response that I side with the footy club over most of the reasons that were floated as why they wanted to play footy in a different competition.


And that pretty much sums up Balaklava in a nutshell :roll: I'm interested in your view of how fixing issues at league level will be at the detriment of making your club better?

Why would any other league want to take on a club that deals with issues in such a way. What happens if they don't get their own way in the next league?

I agree that not all issues at league level can be controlled by clubs, but many can if they are raised and attempts are made to work through these rather than scampering away because its seemingly all too hard.


Fixing issues at a league level is clearly not a detriment to any football club.
However, football club people having to spend their time working on fixing the issues of another club can be.
One club can’t control what another club is doing, outside of their delegates bringing their concerns to the league.

With this being said, the issues that were raised for Balak wanting to leave have been going on for years and all clubs not involved in creating these issues seem to have tried to take action. Unfortunately, for whatever reasons you want to attribute them to, there’s issues continue to persist.

I’m not involved in the club but as with anything in any part of life, at some point you cut your losses and move on.
Now that the league and the clubs know how seriously Balaklava Football Club are, it’ll be a big year (or a few) where changes need to be made or they’ll be back applying to move in another 10 months time.

The other way to look at this is that the APFL traditionally is a country competition.
With the expansion of the northern suburbs, Virginia, Angle Vale and now Two Wells are basically an extension of metro Adelaide.
With continued expansion, it makes sense for the country towns to look elsewhere to play given that in 10 years time, the population of those 3 areas may well make the league in its current state unviable for them all.
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:13 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Nighthawk » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:08 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Hopefully Balaklava genuinely attempt to resolve some of the key issues that have led to some of its members and players wanting to throw the toys out of the cot and play somewhere else. It is likley that some of the issues that Balaklava have raised align with those of other clubs around the competition - fingers crossed they show some leadership and attempt to work with the board and clubs to resolve them. As it currently stands, from my perspective, they look like a bunch of sooks and are happy to throw away decades of history as one of the premier clubs in the Adelaide Plains because they are not getting their own way. It would be a shame for the long-time servants of their club, and of course the APFL. Time will tell!

Genuinely attempt?
As in genuinely attempt to prevent the disintegration of the fabric of our competition by voting against including a club with no country values, culture, connections or netball? That would drag others down financially by failing to fill netball teams and travel to away matches?

As in move a vote of no confidence in the president at the time with the intention of replacing him with someone who would fairly consider all the clubs, not just the southern ones in his pocket?

The multiple biting charges, the Hamley lad with the broken jaw, the threats of violence and abandoned senior colts game. There’s more and no one’s back yard is squeaky clean but a line needed to be drawn. And now it is.

Truth is, we didn’t sit back on our hands pretending everything was hunky dory. Each time we were just one club from making these changes. Who could forget the farcical Angle Vale vote when a club changed its mind overnight following the meeting?

We led the charge on these fronts. We stood up for what we believed in, voiced our opinion and each time, we lost. But we genuinely tried and to suggest otherwise is just downright narrow minded, ignorant crap.
Nighthawk
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:49 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:20 am

Nighthawk wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Hopefully Balaklava genuinely attempt to resolve some of the key issues that have led to some of its members and players wanting to throw the toys out of the cot and play somewhere else. It is likley that some of the issues that Balaklava have raised align with those of other clubs around the competition - fingers crossed they show some leadership and attempt to work with the board and clubs to resolve them. As it currently stands, from my perspective, they look like a bunch of sooks and are happy to throw away decades of history as one of the premier clubs in the Adelaide Plains because they are not getting their own way. It would be a shame for the long-time servants of their club, and of course the APFL. Time will tell!

Genuinely attempt?
As in genuinely attempt to prevent the disintegration of the fabric of our competition by voting against including a club with no country values, culture, connections or netball? That would drag others down financially by failing to fill netball teams and travel to away matches?

As in move a vote of no confidence in the president at the time with the intention of replacing him with someone who would fairly consider all the clubs, not just the southern ones in his pocket?

The multiple biting charges, the Hamley lad with the broken jaw, the threats of violence and abandoned senior colts game. There’s more and no one’s back yard is squeaky clean but a line needed to be drawn. And now it is.

Truth is, we didn’t sit back on our hands pretending everything was hunky dory. Each time we were just one club from making these changes. Who could forget the farcical Angle Vale vote when a club changed its mind overnight following the meeting?

We led the charge on these fronts. We stood up for what we believed in, voiced our opinion and each time, we lost. But we genuinely tried and to suggest otherwise is just downright narrow minded, ignorant crap.


Yep, I don't think you can accuse Balak of 'not trying'.

Clearly they were extremely unhappy about decisions and direction of the league. They have exhausted all avenues to try and make changes to what they feel is best for the competition and therefore their own competition.

That has been unsuccessful so they now have decided the best interest for their future is to move comps.

Crazy that are they are not allowed to.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21689
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3681 times
Been liked: 1586 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Nighthawk » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:27 am

The state lockdown meant the whole club couldn’t vote in time anyway, so the club had already opted to postpone the shift after 2021.

The investigation committee’s ruling came after that so it mattered little, everyone has been preparing for the APFL 2021 for a month now.
Nighthawk
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:49 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby 23rd man » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:50 am

When does a draft of the program come out? Its late Jan now and usually takes about a month to sort out.... once again our fearless leader is dragging the chain....

Couldnt agree more with everything you've written Swamp.
23rd man
Member
 
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:08 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 am

Nighthawk wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Hopefully Balaklava genuinely attempt to resolve some of the key issues that have led to some of its members and players wanting to throw the toys out of the cot and play somewhere else. It is likley that some of the issues that Balaklava have raised align with those of other clubs around the competition - fingers crossed they show some leadership and attempt to work with the board and clubs to resolve them. As it currently stands, from my perspective, they look like a bunch of sooks and are happy to throw away decades of history as one of the premier clubs in the Adelaide Plains because they are not getting their own way. It would be a shame for the long-time servants of their club, and of course the APFL. Time will tell!

Genuinely attempt?
As in genuinely attempt to prevent the disintegration of the fabric of our competition by voting against including a club with no country values, culture, connections or netball? That would drag others down financially by failing to fill netball teams and travel to away matches?

As in move a vote of no confidence in the president at the time with the intention of replacing him with someone who would fairly consider all the clubs, not just the southern ones in his pocket?

The multiple biting charges, the Hamley lad with the broken jaw, the threats of violence and abandoned senior colts game. There’s more and no one’s back yard is squeaky clean but a line needed to be drawn. And now it is.

Truth is, we didn’t sit back on our hands pretending everything was hunky dory. Each time we were just one club from making these changes. Who could forget the farcical Angle Vale vote when a club changed its mind overnight following the meeting?

We led the charge on these fronts. We stood up for what we believed in, voiced our opinion and each time, we lost. But we genuinely tried and to suggest otherwise is just downright narrow minded, ignorant crap.


This was a disgrace the way it was handled
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10289
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 2051 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:04 am

Nighthawk wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Hopefully Balaklava genuinely attempt to resolve some of the key issues that have led to some of its members and players wanting to throw the toys out of the cot and play somewhere else. It is likley that some of the issues that Balaklava have raised align with those of other clubs around the competition - fingers crossed they show some leadership and attempt to work with the board and clubs to resolve them. As it currently stands, from my perspective, they look like a bunch of sooks and are happy to throw away decades of history as one of the premier clubs in the Adelaide Plains because they are not getting their own way. It would be a shame for the long-time servants of their club, and of course the APFL. Time will tell!

Genuinely attempt?
As in genuinely attempt to prevent the disintegration of the fabric of our competition by voting against including a club with no country values, culture, connections or netball? That would drag others down financially by failing to fill netball teams and travel to away matches?

As in move a vote of no confidence in the president at the time with the intention of replacing him with someone who would fairly consider all the clubs, not just the southern ones in his pocket?

The multiple biting charges, the Hamley lad with the broken jaw, the threats of violence and abandoned senior colts game. There’s more and no one’s back yard is squeaky clean but a line needed to be drawn. And now it is.

Truth is, we didn’t sit back on our hands pretending everything was hunky dory. Each time we were just one club from making these changes. Who could forget the farcical Angle Vale vote when a club changed its mind overnight following the meeting?

We led the charge on these fronts. We stood up for what we believed in, voiced our opinion and each time, we lost. But we genuinely tried and to suggest otherwise is just downright narrow minded, ignorant crap.


I have no doubt that you and your players and members will be just fine playing in the APFL in 2021 Nighthawk. It's a damn shame you couldn't get yourselves organised to play in 2020 - you missed out on some great moments :D. It'll be great to have you back in 2021 - hopefully for good
User avatar
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 am
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Number7 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:26 am

I wont go over previous posts and opinions, but this not first time Balaklava have attempted to join the NEFL. Having been at the club in one of those attempts, I was all for it. The opportunity to play in a true country football league as opposed to a migrating South competition. Unfortunately, this comes at the expense of other true country clubs, which are caught up in the saga.

Clubs such as Two Wells, Virginia & Angle Vale due to urban sprawl could very much considered suburban clubs. In any case the APFL is a good competition and conveniently located.
Number7
Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:52 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 3 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests