Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:57 pm

I might be down that way this weekend Rooster - who do I look for?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Rooster » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:11 am

Might have to let you know tomorrow, might get a game in the reserves on sat, geez, i've only trained once!!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby The Rooster » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:52 pm

kookas wrote:heard that shane mitchell is coaching at hamley bridge this year

Can confirm today that this is not true, Ben Burgess is still the A-grade Coach, Shayne Mitchell hasn't been sighted at Hamley, my source tells me that Hamley's numbers have been good and everyone up there is expecting them to be around the mark.

From my reports they will persist with a young side instead of chasing big names, unlike some clubs!! :wink:
The Rooster
Under 18s

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby leftriteout » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:29 pm

i see Hummocks and United both won.

anyone see either of these games?
leftriteout

Been liked: 0 time

Postby the saint » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:23 pm

The Rooster wrote:

Can confirm today that this is not true, Ben Burgess is still the A-grade Coach, Shayne Mitchell hasn't been sighted at Hamley, my source tells me that Hamley's numbers have been good and everyone up there is expecting them to be around the mark.

From my reports they will persist with a young side instead of chasing big names, unlike some clubs!! :wink:
Shayne Mitchell is playing at Macclesfield
the saint

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:30 pm

Good luck to them.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby carey18 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:32 pm

the saint wrote:
The Rooster wrote:

Shayne Mitchell is playing at Macclesfield

Shayne Mitchell from kenilworth? if so lucky them lol
carey18

Postby Dr Pink » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:15 am

leftriteout wrote:i see Hummocks and United both won.

Saw the United v Two Wells, United looked good in a scrappy game. Brendan Watts was quiet, the Buss boys had a day off, and Two Wells lacked a forward? For United Cockatoo kicked 3, Optiz didnt play, Daglish is back from Gawler Centrals.
Dr Pink

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:07 am

How old's he now? I'm amazed he's still running around...
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby The Unknown » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:28 pm

Saw HWE v Balak. Game pretty much over at 1/4 time - 6 goals to nothing. HWE looked pretty gd whilst Balak looked pretty ordinary. No real surprise there as HWE are generally very well prepared for the start of the season, Balak not so much. The true contests between these teams will come towards the middle/end of the year.

One of the best games I've seen Amos Wilson ever play whilst typically good games from Ryan Reid and Shane Braham. Picked up a handy late recruit in David Barnes (think he may have played a handful of league games for WWT - anyone confirm??). For Balak, Whiskey Walker played his typically gd game. None of there recruits (Levy, McMillan etc did much).
The Unknown
Mini-League

Postby Dr Pink » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:00 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:How old's he now? I'm amazed he's still running around...

it must Untied Super rules team, with Daglish, Schubert, Kent & Optiz all having a run this year all 30+
Dr Pink

Postby FOOTYGODS » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:09 pm

Has anyone seen this Dr pink play i heard he struggles to get on the field these days, but loves playing so he can watch the guys shower after the games Long plains have really got a winner there....have a big season Dr pink i mean splinters....
FOOTYGODS
Under 18s

Postby lincoln magpie » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:55 pm

A.Michael = CRAB, bout time he hung up the boots !
lincoln magpie

Postby Dr Pink » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:06 pm

lincoln magpie wrote:A.Michael = CRAB, bout time he hung up the boots !

What are you talking about?? Andy Michael fantastic player any club would love to have had his services, he has retired now, but Very very good player.
Dr Pink

Postby UNIT » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:42 pm

Is Chris Calyun still playing with United? how is he going. He was easily one of the most dominant juniors to ever play in CDJFL. i like to see him do well.
UNIT
Mini-League

Postby footy fan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:02 pm

The Unknown wrote:Saw HWE v Balak. Game pretty much over at 1/4 time - 6 goals to nothing. HWE looked pretty gd whilst Balak looked pretty ordinary. No real surprise there as HWE are generally very well prepared for the start of the season, Balak not so much. The true contests between these teams will come towards the middle/end of the year.

One of the best games I've seen Amos Wilson ever play whilst typically good games from Ryan Reid and Shane Braham. Picked up a handy late recruit in David Barnes (think he may have played a handful of league games for WWT - anyone confirm??). For Balak, Whiskey Walker played his typically gd game. None of there recruits (Levy, McMillan etc did much).

David Barnes, extremly good footballer and yes he did play league footy at the Eagles, should have played more than he did. He is the hardest man in the world to tackle, you will find him breaking tackles and busting out of tackles all year, good luck at taming him. He was a very good player in div 1 last year too apparently!!
footy fan
Rookie

Postby FOOTYGODS » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:11 pm

Who is David Barnes playing for this year, he is a very good player but is looking very unfit brett kent is looking fitter than him and that is saying something seeing brett's knickname is splinters don't forget the oranges this week brett....
FOOTYGODS
Under 18s

Postby leftriteout » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:33 pm

fudd03 wrote:Who is David Barnes playing for this year, he is a very good player but is looking very unfit brett kent is looking fitter than him and that is saying something seeing brett's knickname is splinters don't forget the oranges this week brett....

David is playing for hummocks.
leftriteout

Postby zacmilbank » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:54 pm

Dr Pink wrote:
leftriteout wrote:i see Hummocks and United both won.

Saw the United v Two Wells, United looked good in a scrappy game. Brendan Watts was quiet, the Buss boys had a day off, and Two Wells lacked a forward? For United Cockatoo kicked 3, Optiz didnt play, Daglish is back from Gawler Centrals.
hows sean buss playing anyway
zacmilbank

Postby FOOTYGODS » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:03 pm

i hope brett can acually get on the ground this week, they call him splinters at kilburn because for some reason he couldn't get off the bench....
FOOTYGODS
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy