Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby maccymangel » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:29 pm

no im talking abt a cult club legend!!!
maccymangel
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby spiderk » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:20 am

Sounds a bit like Budda van Den Brink to me, maccymangel? A hugely underestimated player in Hills footy - if he stays fit all year, reckon he'd kick at least 50 for the B's. I'm guessing that's Adam Searl you're also referring to - it'd be great to see him back fully fit there, a huge boost for you.

Think Glen is pretty much signed and sealed at Echunga - getting to be a real reunion of the Callington Eagles golden era there if H'y (Nykamp) is there with Ridge, Highett and Mullins. They may have slowed a touch, but no doubting their talent. I've got them 5th at the end of the minor round, for what its worth, but think they could still rise a bit higher.

Kangarilla remain the team to watch, with Daniele a massive recruit. Top 3 at worst.
spiderk

Postby maccymangel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:22 am

i also hear ormand-allen is burning the track at hahndorf..even at abt 70% fitness will anyone in the league be able to keep up with him? and if so how big a year will alp stephens have with no tag?
maccymangel
Mini-League

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:52 pm

Kangarilla looked very good in a trial Saturday night against flagstaff hill, they won easily in the end and obviously wanted it more as shown by them singing the song and squirting waterbottles in the air after the victory in a trial!
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:27 pm

Maccymangel, obviously you never learnt punctuation at school :wink: :toimonster: :butthead:

Ben VandenBrink, now that would be a quality pickup, as long as he doesn't bring any ghetto blasters out on the field with him :wink:

Heard today that Ormond-Allen is apparently only playing about half of the season before planning on going away. If this is the case, I wonder whether Hahndorf is aware of this?
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby maccymangel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:39 pm

i have it on very good authority hahndorf have him for the year....also at a much cheaper rate than what he was offered to go down to the creek...grapes harvest must have been a boomer yeah for the pennies they threw at him!!
maccymangel
Mini-League

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:17 pm

As Spiderk has known for some weeks and as reported in last Wednesdays Courier, Milang has decided not to nominate any teams in Hills football this year and while the club is hopeful that something can be worked out in the future, it will be very difficult for them given the type of community Milang now is.
Heard a rumour that a 4 or 5 Payneham/Norwood Union players were offered significant money to play for Milang this year but that didn't come to fruition for whatever reason and I don't think this would have really helped the situation a great deal, as the club admitted at the time they pulled the pin, they only had 23 players.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:34 pm

I'm hearing that there may have been an 11th hour rescue of Milang and they may have been given a lifeline for the moment.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby spiderk » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:00 am

I would be very happy if this is correct, ORD, but unless the proposal with Bridgewater comes off, not certain this can be resolved in time for the start of the season this week unfortunately. There would be very few people that would be happy to hear about this development (yes, you're quite right - I did hear about this some time ago, but a) did not want to be the one to "break" it, given my previous role with the club and b) was hopeful the situation would be arrested), but in reality, 23 players would simply not be enough to sustain even one team.
spiderk

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:56 pm

Yes, should have investigated that a bit more as I must have only caught the tail end of a discussion on radio. Should have known better as apparently a couple of Milang's players that were left have already gone out to Meadows.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby bazzw » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:48 pm

Guys, i was just wondering if any HFL country or central clubs have websites because ive just moved into the hills and im keen for a game.
bazzw
Rookie

Postby spiderk » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:14 am

G'day bazzw,

Try this link to the HFL website: http://www.adam.com.au/hflinc/.

On this are the contact details for all Central and Country clubs and they should be able to assist you. Best of luck with it all!
spiderk

Postby onkas-valleysvirgin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:27 pm

I don't think a lot of people realise what deep s**t football is in locally speaking.

I hate hearing about clubs entering into 'arrangements' or worse still not competing or folding.

Still, as long as South Australia recieves $400,000 per annum for grassroots development and QLD and NSW recieve $20,000,000 I guess we cant grumble!(????). Uncle Leigh keeps telling us that we've never been better off....so it must be true.
Tiger to Viking to Bulldog to drinking cans and smoking darts in the outer again. That's footy.....
onkas-valleysvirgin
Mini-League

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:06 pm

onkas-valleysvirgin wrote:Tiger to Viking to Bulldog. That's footy..... .

OVV there is a pattern there that I think Im following......
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3603 times

Postby PhilG » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:44 pm

Last edited by PhilG on Sun May 13, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilG

Postby PPLions » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:11 am

Good to see my old side the Torrens Valley Lions get across the line by one goal yesterday against Kangarilla.
Looks like being a close competition this year in the Country Division.
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby PhilG » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:43 am

Last edited by PhilG on Sun May 13, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilG

Postby PPLions » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:24 am

Echunga 18.20 def Callington 10.4

Nairne Bremer 16.6 def Kersbrook 15.8

Meadows 20.11 def Macclesfield 13.11

Torrens Valley 13.13 def Kangarilla 12.13

Blackwood 18.14 def Gumeracha 7.7

Sorry, dont have Best players or Goal kickers
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:21 pm

PPLions wrote:Echunga 18.20 def Callington 10.4

Nairne Bremer 16.6 def Kersbrook 15.8

Meadows 20.11 def Macclesfield 13.11

Torrens Valley 13.13 def Kangarilla 12.13

Blackwood 18.14 def Gumeracha 7.7

Sorry, dont have Best players or Goal kickers

Good job there PP Lions. No real surprises in any of these results other than I thought my old mob might have given Meadows a bit more of a run than they did. Okay performance by Dawe in his return match for Meadows. Do think that Maccy will be far better than they showed and they still have Lallard, Julian, Mahney and Lynch to come back into the side. You did well to get the results Lions as "Final" edition of the Sunday Mail that I had didn't have the results unless they were tucked into some corner of the paper that I didn't see.
Last edited by ORDoubleBlues on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby maccymangel » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:57 am

didnt know u had the ability to read yet doubleblues!! didnt even see u at the game on saturday..very dissapointing as i heard u may have even been pulling the boots on..i guess the pack busting ability has gone..has it?? a few too many coopers vintage hey? Maccy did look like they had never seen each other play..with so many new faces..but when they gel..i think they will be a very very competitive side...maybe top 3!! with a good run with injuries ill give it to meadows they got outta the blocks very quickly and they just couldnt be reigned in...look out for the blood and tars if everything clicks tho!!
maccymangel
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy