Ironbank in the minis
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Toto » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:52 pm

Wasn't a very convincing game by either side in my opinion!
Quite scrappy. Ironbank were probably lucky to be close in the first half as Bridgey were dominating play. Then the third quarter Ironbank had complete control and barely gave Bridgey a sniff, didn't put it on the scoreboard in the end which probably cost them as they probably won the last quarter too!
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby backdoor » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Who won in the A's today, Gums or Kersbrook?
backdoor
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Keefy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Elimination final winners

A - Kersbrook
B - Meadows
SC - Bridgewater
JC - Kersbrook
MC - Bridgewater in extra time
Keefy
League - Best 21

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:20 am

backdoor wrote:Who won in the A's today, Gums or Kersbrook?

Kersbrook by 7 points
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Keefy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:16 am

Semi final weekend is almost upon us.

2nd semi at Kersbrook - current forecast for Saturday - Max 21. Medium chance of showers (0-1mm). Winds north to northeasterly 25 to 35kmh turning west to northwesterly 25 to 40kmh during the afternoon

MC - Nairne v Ironbank
JC - Kangarilla v Nairne
SC - Macclesfield v Nairne
B - Birdwood v Bridgewater
A - Nairne v Bridgewater

1st semi at Callington - current forecast for Sunday - Max 13. Very high chance of showers (8-25mm). Winds west to northwesterly 25 to 50kmh

MC - Macclesfield v Bridgewater
JC - Gumeracha v Kersbrook
SC - Kangarilla v Bridgewater
B - Nairne v Meadows
A - Ironbank v Kersbook
Keefy
League - Best 21

Postby Toto » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:19 am

So who has everyone tipping this week?

Nairne v Bridgewater
The rivalry continues. They've played out some absolute crackers in finales over the past 3 seasons, they match up quite well on each other and both like to move the ball quickly.
The raiders seem to have had the Rams number this season, and have been the only side to have beaten Nairne in about 18 months!
I'm going against that here and picking the Nairne boys by 4 points. Ladhams has kicked 33 goals from his past 4 games, and the reigning Mail medalist seems to be in great touch. They will have to stop Wakefield and Serle as they both got ahold of the Rams last time and Evans with his damaging left boot, they still have nightmares over last years GF and that left leg!
But think Nairnes spread of contributors will get the win. NB by 4 points.

Rezzies.
Bridgey by 2 goals. They are hitting their straps at the right time and surely have some fire in the belly over last years GF loss.

Ironbank v Kersbrook.
Interesting one here, I think they are 1-1 this season head to head. Ironbank had their chances to knock off Bridgey last week but couldn't capatilise. Kersbrook know how to win finals, and I think they will do just that in an upset on Sunday. I don't know if Ironbank have anyone that can contain Gardiner, on the wide open spaces at cally. Then there's Lees who can turn a game on its head! Brokers by 2 goals.

Rezzies.
Nairne were outclassed by Bridgey last week and will be keen to make up for a poor last quarter. Meadows were terrific against the young thunderers last week and will be up and about. But I'm going for Nairne by a point.

Good luck to all involved!!!
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Keefy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:59 pm

Winners

MC - Nairne
JC - Nairne
SC - Macclesfield
B - Bridgewater
A - Nairne
Keefy
League - Best 21

HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Keefy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Winners so far today

MC - Macclesfield
JC - Gumeracha
SC - Bridgewater
B - Nairne
Keefy
League - Best 21

Postby Keefy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:52 pm

1/4 time @ Callington

Kersbrook 1-3
Ironbank 0-1
Keefy
League - Best 21

Postby Keefy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:25 pm

1/2 time @ Callington

Kersbrook 4-6
Ironbank 3-3
Keefy
League - Best 21

Postby Keefy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:11 pm

3/4 time

Kersbrook 8-9
Ironbank 8-5
Keefy
League - Best 21

Postby Keefy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Ironbank by 5 goals now

Just under 11 ninutes to go
Keefy
League - Best 21

Postby Keefy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Final score

Ironbank 13-9

Kersbrook 11-11
Keefy
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:02 pm

Ouch

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3563 times

Postby Toto » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:02 am

Both games were very good to watch this week!
Bridgey came our firing kicking the first 4 of the game in about 10 minutes before Nairne woke up. After that the Rams controlled it for most of the day, with Bridgey coming at them in spurts. A couple injuries to key players didn't help the raiders but nairne were definitely the better side!
One of their backmen, had stupid hair with blonde bits going everywhere, was easily the best player on the ground, kept Wakefield unusually quiet and racked them up himself! Craig Evans was still great for Bridgey. Be interesting to see how good their depth is now with a few key injuries!
I hope the fella with the broken jaw is doing alright.

Yesterday's game was interesting. The brookers were in front for the better part of the day but missed some absolute gimmes late. Ironbank to fast in the end and stormed home in the last.
I tell you what, I'm not sure if I've seen a better kick then Elijah Ware!
Muirden dominated the clearances in the last to get them over the line.
First time kersbrook haven't made it to the prelim in a very long time. I'm guessing a decade???
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Keefy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:06 am

Toto wrote:Both games were very good to watch this week!
Bridgey came our firing kicking the first 4 of the game in about 10 minutes before Nairne woke up. After that the Rams controlled it for most of the day, with Bridgey coming at them in spurts. A couple injuries to key players didn't help the raiders but nairne were definitely the better side!
One of their backmen, had stupid hair with blonde bits going everywhere, was easily the best player on the ground, kept Wakefield unusually quiet and racked them up himself! Craig Evans was still great for Bridgey. Be interesting to see how good their depth is now with a few key injuries!

Yesterday's game was interesting. The brookers were in front for the better part of the day but missed some absolute gimmes late. Ironbank to fast in the end and stormed home in the last.
First time kersbrook haven't made it to the prelim in a very long time. I'm guessing a decade???

Heard Bridgewater had no rotations left in the last quarter? Saw the video of the clash where the Bridgey bloke broke his jaw - OUCH!!!
Keefy
League - Best 21

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:39 am

Keefy wrote:

Heard Bridgewater had no rotations left in the last quarter? Saw the video of the clash where the Bridgey bloke broke his jaw - OUCH!!!

Hasn't been a great finals series for the Raiders injury wise. Steve Smith busted a collarbone in week 1 and CHF Sam Foutoulis did a hammy (didn't play against Nairne). Then on Saturday after kicking the first 4 goals, John McDonald limps off for the rest of the game and CHB Ben O'Donnell fractures his jaw in 2 places.

Will be a test of depth this week against Ironbank for sure.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Cougar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:42 am

2010 or 2011 it was. Has only happened 7 times in the last 25 years finishing lower than a Prelim Final
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby TooNice » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:48 pm

Keefy wrote:

I was very close on the boundary to where this clash happened - really bad luck - Both players had eyes on the ball when the clash happened.
TooNice
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy