BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 04, 2016 11:37 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Stackson wrote:Heard there is a bit of disharmony down at the Dogtrack with the players boycotting the awards at the Club after ther first round against Angaston, asked to take an 18% paycut across the whole club to fit under the Salary Cap?

Biggggg first up post.

Must be big news in Eudunda.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8068 times

Postby Stackson » Wed May 04, 2016 1:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Stackson wrote:Heard there is a bit of disharmony down at the Dogtrack with the players boycotting the awards at the Club after ther first round against Angaston, asked to take an 18% paycut across the whole club to fit under the Salary Cap?

Biggggg first up post.

Must be big news in Eudunda.

Takes awhile for the Pony Express to get up here these days!
Stackson
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Eudunda

Postby Dr. Pink » Fri May 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Hav to b pushing the cap now surely. howard being flown in from qld to play. I guess he is playin for the extra 18%????
Dr. Pink
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri May 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Dr. Pink wrote:

Hav to b pushing the cap now surely. howard being flown in from qld to play. I guess he is playin for the extra 18%????

Would be no issues at Centrals with the cap, they all work for Jims Fencing
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2457 times
Been liked: 1683 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Stackson » Fri May 13, 2016 8:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Dr. Pink wrote:

With young ruckmen like Duffield and Neat being loyal servants and good young players in the reserves I seriously hope they are disappointed with this decision to fly Howard back (apparently it will be 5 times and let's face it he's not paying the air fares!)
Cooper Stoll has also joined them this year from Willaston had a couple back and hamstring complaints and they aren't playing him even though he's fit until after round 8 or 9, so then he becomes a 0 pointer. Not short on ruckmen I hope the League and the Community Football League go through the books phone messages players bank accounts. something stinks at the dog track....
Stackson
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Eudunda

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Kapunda over Nuri by around 100 points today
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 226 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Nocyrils » Sun May 15, 2016 8:37 am

Stackson wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Dr. Pink wrote:

With young ruckmen like Duffield and Neat being loyal servants and good young players in the reserves I seriously hope they are disappointed with this decision to fly Howard back (apparently it will be 5 times and let's face it he's not paying the air fares!)
Cooper Stoll has also joined them this year from Willaston had a couple back and hamstring complaints and they aren't playing him even though he's fit until after round 8 or 9, so then he becomes a 0 pointer. Not short on ruckmen I hope the League and the Community Football League go through the books phone messages players bank accounts. something stinks at the dog track....

You still going on you clown .
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby knowitall » Sun May 15, 2016 2:54 pm

I believe the cfl have all but fingered 1 from the BLG, 1 from the amateurs and 1 from the south east and are just tidying a few things up before they drop the hammer
knowitall

Been liked: 1 time

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 15, 2016 3:22 pm

knowitall wrote:I believe the cfl have all but fingered 1 from the BLG, 1 from the amateurs and 1 from the south east and are just tidying a few things up before they drop the hammer

That would have to be Barossa or Centrals.
How have Barossa been able to get away with co coaches, neither of whom are the coach?
Wouldnt be much change in the salary cap after paying Obst, Miles and Shillabeer, but of course they are only getting 500 game
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2457 times
Been liked: 1683 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
knowitall wrote:I believe the cfl have all but fingered 1 from the BLG, 1 from the amateurs and 1 from the south east and are just tidying a few things up before they drop the hammer

That would have to be Barossa or Centrals.
How have Barossa been able to get away with co coaches, neither of whom are the coach?
Wouldnt be much change in the salary cap after paying Obst, Miles and Shillabeer, but of course they are only getting 500 game

If Centrals arent over the salary cap geez they have done well to hide something.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 226 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Hope all clubs are cheating the system. The CFL can go and get ****!
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby heater31 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:Hope all clubs are cheating the system. The CFL can go and get ****!

I look forward to the day a Country or Amateur league club is declared bankrupt and that club's administrators lose their house, businesses and have criminal proceedings brought against them..........
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:22 pm

heater31 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Hope all clubs are cheating the system. The CFL can go and get ****!

I look forward to the day a Country or Amateur league club is declared bankrupt and that club's administrators lose their house, businesses and have criminal proceedings brought against them..........

Lol
As long as money isn't coming out of the club who cares if sponsors or supporters want to spend their hard earned on a club they love
Jim05
Coach

Postby heater31 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Lol
As long as money isn't coming out of the club who cares if sponsors or supporters want to spend their hard earned on a club they love

or those receiving the money get a tax audit
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:32 pm

heater31 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Lol

or those receiving the money get a tax audit

Do you really think people declare it?
Brown paper bags have been changing hands forever it ain't going to stop now because a few tossers in town have said it must stop. Good luck catching anyone
Jim05
Coach

Postby Nocyrils » Sun May 15, 2016 8:45 pm

It's all above board at the dog track . I would be looking more towards a couple of other clubs eg. Willaston and Barossa . Or better still how about we keep the forum about the footy rather then this rubbish ya spanners
Nocyrils
Under 16s

It's all above board at the dog track . I would be looking more towards a couple of other clubs eg. Willaston and Barossa . Or better still how about we keep the forum about the footy rather then this rubbish ya spanners
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Nocyrils
Under 16s

Postby oyster » Sun May 15, 2016 8:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Lol

Agreed Jim. Nothing to do with the CFL or anyone else what Barossa clubs/sponsors, or any of the country clubs, are paying anyone.
Everyone can see why this "apparent" rule was brought in and that is to save the SANFL, SANFL reserves and the SAAFL clubs losing players.
Only 2,000 people at Woodville Oval yesterday to watch WWT and the Swampys. More than that at many of the country grounds in close proximity to the city. Amateur D1 clubs who get 400 people at their grounds, think they've had a bumper day.
If the CFL come in heavy handed with the Barossa clubs, they will just tell em' to shove it where the sun don't shine and go it alone.
Good luck with stopping local businesses from paying players. Just won't happen and those who think they will change it, are deluded.
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun May 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Last edited by Mr Beefy on Mon May 16, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 660 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy