Kangaroo Island Champs why r they all 6'6

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Kangaroo Island Champs why r they all 6'6

Postby Grape Ape » Sun May 11, 2008 10:55 pm

I see that Kingscote knocked off Dudley yesterday - althought it apprears that inaccurate kicking let the Eagles down. Are the hounds the real deal?
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Eagle Rock » Mon May 12, 2008 11:45 am

Pritty spot on Ape! The hounds are a quality outfit at the moment. The are all quite young and fit with good skills. They ran rings around the experienced eagles in the 3rd quater in particular, when the loaded up their forward line with gun talls, Walden, Taylor, Ramsay, and B. Clark. Dudley were a bit undermanned and will look to biuld later in the year with more players comming into the line up as we head towards finals action. All we can hope is the young Kingscote pups follow their usual pattern of being champs at the start of the year and hate the sight of each other by midway through!!!

Wisanger had a dissapointing day out on their home turf!! Only scoring 6pts isnt any good for the association!!!! They may need to look to the likes of M. Thomas, L. Lade, and D. Bates as recruits for next year!!!!
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Grape Ape » Tue May 13, 2008 2:43 pm

That forward line would be potent in any league but I wouldn't imagine it would leave them much across half back?

Maybe the Panthers should set their sights on Brendon Lade? He didn't get selected in the dream team so maybe it's time he considered a move home before his playing days are over. With Barta in the side they wouldn't need to worry about a forward line 'cos he could just kick over it.
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Postby Eagle Rock » Tue May 20, 2008 4:16 pm

How was the form of the Dudley Eagles on the weekend. With 10 A's graders missing from last weeks team and up to 12 potential player to come back they took out wisanger by almost 20 goals. While it isnt good for the comp. to see scores like this, it was good to see some of the old eagles make a come back to the A garde team and prove they've still got it. Montgomerie, Floggers, Turtle, Steckoel all made a return. The only thing was the B's struggles for numbers and ended up loosing.
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Eagle Rock » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:19 pm

KI's dissapointing Association game was not a show of the talent KI has to offer. The team should have looked like:
P. Green L. Ramsey R. Morris
D. Westbrook S. Walden L. Wood
R. Clements C. Willson L. Johnson
A. Buick D. Snowball R. Willson
C. Turner D. Taylor R. Tonkin

Ruck: B. Howard E. Whale N. Trethewey

Int. A. Fogden, S. Short, D. Trethewey, S. Rowsell

Instead on 8 of these players for one reson or another showed up. Very dissapointing, given we only play 12 home and away games a year. At this stage we have just about had as many games off as we have played, you would have thought players would have been jumping out of their skins to get a game under their belt. Has association footy died?
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Grape Ape » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:34 pm

I must admit that I was a little disappointed with the side that KI put on the park. With all due respect to the blokes that played, they definately had a crack but a couple weren't up to the level. The side you have named was what I was hoping to see when I went up to Echunga and would take it up to most sides. That side would give the side the GSFL ended up putting on the park a run for it's money. (The GSFL side was also very under strength).

I think the reason that association footy is losing it's prestige is that it doesn't get much support from spectators. At Echunga, there was more noise from the KI supporters than the hills folk which was a shame.There wasn't much atmosphere at all. I saw Strath play Langhorne Creek in front of 3000 people at Strath under lights and the atmosphere was amazing - for spectators and for the players. If an average minor round game can generate that sort of interest why can't association footy? I think the leagues need to pump up these games as the spectacles they are. Maybe next year Hills and KI could play at Kingscote under lights on a Saturday night with a band and fireworks on the oval after the game. That would be a great night out and I guarantee it would get the players interested again.
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Postby Micky Conlan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:01 pm

Be interesting to see how the KI tall timber holds up in this cold snap! ball be on the ground all day long with 32 giants trying to pick it up makes for interesting finals series on the island of no return.
"lifes a game of inches, inch by inch, play by play"
Micky Conlan
Under 16s

Postby Eagle Rock » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:37 am

No fear there Micky, there are also some quality dwarfs to clean up after the giants!!!

I also feel the ovals hold up a lot better than those overseas on the bigger island! Most are build on sand dunes or olsd dams.

At the present time at the recent rain, the sun is shining and the ovals freashly mowed, just smalls like finals action!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby ChasMichaelMichaels » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:33 am

just checked the KI league.. whats happened to the mighty dudley united??

bit of a change up this year..
ChasMichaelMichaels
Mini-League

Postby Eagle Rock » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:40 pm

Eagles certainly arnt what they have been the past few year. Few players gone from the past couple of seasons, through injury, interest, and overseas. However Kingscote and Parndana have built really good teams. Both young and quick, with good talls to go with that. Good competition over there this year, with the season just heating up, very open race!!!
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Grape Ape » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Hey Eagle, a few weeks back I saw a D Montgomerie listed as BOG for the Eagles A grade. Any relation to the D Montgomerie that was part of the famous 1987 Wisanger permiership side?
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Postby Eagle Rock » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:44 pm

The very same D. Montgomerie!!! It was on that day he brought up his 200th A Grade game for the Dudley Eagles.

He has been chipping away at it for a couple of years and finally got over the line. Great servent of all the clubs he has played for and well deserved!!!
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Grape Ape » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:12 pm

1987 to 2008!!! That's 21 years!!!! He must be mid 40's by now?
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Postby ChasMichaelMichaels » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm

Would be great for the league to see the other clubs having a dip!

tips for sunday??

hows the form of n. clarke, c wilson, a. buick been lately?
ChasMichaelMichaels
Mini-League

Postby larry gomes » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:33 pm

looks like its going to be an exciting finals series!!

not much between the top 3 any could get up on their given day
larry gomes
Mini-League

Postby Eagle Rock » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Yea GA well into the 40's i believe!!!! Good effort.

Tips for the weekend:
Parndana to knock off kingscote out at darna and go straight through (very close game though)
Dudley to just get up over wonks out there. Dudley have had a tough run in with 5 of their last 7 games being way out west! Then they lost a player for a few weeks after the annual bon-fire on the way home from the Mail Medal count. Apparrently went scrub on the way home!!!

N Clark, struggling
A Buick, will be hoping new boots bring a change of from
C Willson, dominating. Took out the mail medal for a third time. Work so hard!!!!
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Micky Conlan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:10 pm

How's my oldmate King George going over there? last time i visited he was so happy to see me he brought his whole family along, great fella with plenty of size look good in the goal square.
"lifes a game of inches, inch by inch, play by play"
Micky Conlan
Under 16s

Postby Eagle Rock » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Micky the only play King George looks alright is in the fry pan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im tipping you wouldnt have got visited by too many, but would some how have inhaled you fair share!!!
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Old School » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:22 pm

Eagle Rock wrote:Yea GA well into the 40's i believe!!!! Good effort.

Tips for the weekend:
Parndana to knock off kingscote out at darna and go straight through (very close game though)
Dudley to just get up over wonks out there. Dudley have had a tough run in with 5 of their last 7 games being way out west! Then they lost a player for a few weeks after the annual bon-fire on the way home from the Mail Medal count. Apparrently went scrub on the way home!!!

N Clark, struggling
A Buick, will be hoping new boots bring a change of from
C Willson, dominating. Took out the mail medal for a third time. Work so hard!!!!

totallly agree the form of clark and buick has been down on last year but this is their time of the year to step up and prove themselves
Old School

Postby Grape Ape » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:28 pm

Has Buick been injured?
Grape Ape
Under 18s

PreviousNext