GSFL Movements

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

GSFL Movements

Postby grasshopper22 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:49 pm

The Little Master wrote:Well run by yank? Warm beer and 1 person on the gate is plain silly

Massive mention to the goal umpire in the senior colts who
Made a massive error and then made a second only to be over ruled by an umpire who was just as shit. Almost cost the pies the game which seemed to be the instructions. But we got up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't the league do the gate in gsfl
Finals series?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: GSFL Movements

Postby The Little Master » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Who knows it was a disaster. I have $10 let me in
The Little Master
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Tiger83 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:12 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
The Little Master wrote:Well run by yank? Warm beer and 1 person on the gate is plain silly

Made a massive error and then made a second only to be over ruled by an umpire who was just as shit. Almost cost the pies the game which seemed to be the instructions. But we got up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't the league do the gate in gsfl
Finals series?

Correct... Nothing to do with the host club....
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Little Master » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Maybe the hosts should jump in
The Little Master
Rookie

Postby freodocker » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Hope you got a cold pie also, coz everyone is against Goolwa :twisted:
freodocker
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Little Master » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Couldn't believe it, surley you wouldn't Willunga to win?!!!!!!??? Umps had different ideas. **** em. Dynasty starting
The Little Master
Rookie

GSFL Movements

Postby field of dreams » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:03 am

jackpot jim wrote:Creeks won by about 3 goals.
Tony Modra selected the Hawks Ryan Butler as BOG. He used his electrifying pace and dodging & weaving skills to kick some telling goals throughout the match.

It was a great contest and Yank were closer to the mark than I expected. Both sides had many solid contributers but in the end it was the class and pace of Creek that got them the choccies.
Butler's runs were amazing, Hateley marked well and Mcgregor should be banned - no one should be allowed to do that stuff, it just isn't fair.

Congrats to Creeks. Despite the slow start, when they destroyed Victor by 20 goals in round 8 they were my favourites for the flag.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby Bull » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:23 am

Well it turned out to be a great result for the Creek after many scares from a gallant Yank. After the first half I was concerned that they may skip away due to their better disposal and great team run but Creeks were able to stay in touch. Yank in the second half were able to respond quickly and easily to many a Creek goal to always be nipping at The Creeks heels. It was a tough half of football and thankfully the lads were able to get over Yank in the end. Not easy to single out best players but Ryan Butler was excellent and mention must go to Tommy J, Tommy H, Jarrod K, Lachie (My god did you see that) Mc, Nick W and the whole back line. Pretty well on days like these its just best to say all played well because really who cares,

A Grade PREMIERS 2012 Langhorne Creek Football Club.

I must say that i found the day to be well run and when i needed a drink or a feed there was always something available. Big well done to Yank. I also had no issue with the gate as there were 2 attendants when i arrived.
Bull
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Bull » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 am

Slots It Through wrote:How did tommy Dedham play?

Tom Derham #10 had an quiet day by his standards but still played his role in the result. Missed one early and then kicked a great running snap to goal in the last. Was well held for the day as he is dangerous up forward if he gets of the leash. Ended up copping a cheap shot from the Yank Capt/Coach late in the last which drew some blood.

His cricket will be determined in the next few days and if things go to plan will resume with the SACA

Port Adelaide Magpies or Langhorne Creek next year ?????????? :?
Last edited by Bull on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bull
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

GSFL Movements

Postby field of dreams » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:55 am

Bull wrote:I must say that i found the day to be well run and when i needed a drink or a feed there was always something available. Big well done to Yank. I also had no issue with the gate as there were 2 attendants when i arrived.

Ditto. 3 on the gate, pie was hot, inside bar was very quiet and the beers were on ice!
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:13 am

Nothing wrong with the organization of yank. All seemed smoothly run. Although I reckon a louder siren would be handy.

Well done to our boys, who were gone at 3/4 time going in to a stiff breeze but hung in and got up by 1 point. the goal umpiring mistakes were atrocious and would have seen many teams spit the dummy and lose from that point. Like a lot of players, coaches, supporters sometimes people just don't handle pressure situations, including umpires. It was a role reversal from the same 2 clubs in junior colts with the 09 JC gf going to Willunga by 1 point. That group of lads have now played in 5 finals decided by that margin.
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35 am

Anybody got an educated guess or an official attendance from yesterday? The atmosphere was electric
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:42 am

LuvsFooty wrote:Anybody got an educated guess or an official attendance from yesterday? The atmosphere was electric

No idea. The president was predicting 6000 on the radio in the morning.

Where's next years Grand Final being played?
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 454 times

Postby DoublebluTiger » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:54 am

LuvsFooty wrote:Nothing wrong with the organization of yank. All seemed smoothly run. Although I reckon a louder siren would be handy.

Agreed on the siren. I couldn't hear it at all in some parts of the ground and i was really worried that it may lead to a controversial end.

Seems the day went pretty smoothly.

On the game, i sensed Yank were holding on well in the third quarter because Creeks were running harder and getting more numbers to the contest and i had concerns for the last quarter and with the wind picking up in the last quarter it made Yank's job only more difficult. Full credit to Yank they battled it out to the end where they could have chucked it in and probably would have in years gone by. Congratulations to the Langhorne Creek. Skill and too much pace in the end.
Success is in trying
DoublebluTiger
Under 16s

Been liked: 50 times

Postby GWW » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Pretty poor effort re no details of League game on Sporting Pulse, and then nothing in Sunday Mail.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:45 pm

GWW wrote:Pretty poor effort re no details of League game on Sporting Pulse, and then nothing in Sunday Mail.

Agree, Disgrace !!!! Creeks go back to back :partyman: should've been front page headlines in the Sunday mail instead of Crows being labelled as HEROES :shock: WTF ????? :vom:
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 454 times

GSFL Movements

Postby RyderCourtney » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:26 pm

GWW wrote:Pretty poor effort re no details of League game on Sporting Pulse, and then nothing in Sunday Mail.

that is poor form
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby LuvsFooty » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:34 pm

I'd say that with the b grade delay from the stretcherd player, the A's probably finished past the papers cut off time. Sunday Mail have stuffed our scores up all year, so no suprise
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Postby GWW » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Results weren't entered on Sporting Pulse by late last night; it appears they were only entered on there at midday today!
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby neverwas neverwillbe » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:29 pm

GWW wrote:Results weren't entered on Sporting Pulse by late last night; it appears they were only entered on there at midday today!

It's disappointing when the league used to spit the dummy at clubs when things weren't put in in time but it's a different kettle of fish when the shoe is on the other foot. Poor form.
Dingo took my baby.
neverwas neverwillbe
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy