HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Amateur Footy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Legs, I think you'd better play a year of Central footy to better comment on Central facilities. Clearly size and hot water arn't an issue for you.

Let's see what reshuffle of the list you have in 6 months time. Onkas are no.1 for me and by plenty...

If I based my opinion on Echunga's hospitality from the last time I played there (2001) it would be very different to what you have elaborated on about here, so i'm keen to see the turnaround.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Peakedinhighschool » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Legs Man wrote:Yes Uraidla is a big ask first up for Echunga - which I am sure was deliberately programmed that way by the HFL.

i reckon there is a few missing also which will make it even harder.

Clubs travelling to Echunga will really enjoy the facilities presented and the best hospitality in Hills footy. (unbiased opinion of course)

It will be interesting to see how people rate the Central Division ovals and facilities.

To kick it off here's mine:

Echunga
Lobethal
Onkas
Hahndorf
Mt Barker
Blackwood (if windy - below the gap) - actually shouldn't be in HFL
Uraidla

Then a big gap to:

Torrens valley (depending on venue)
Bridgewater (even with Callington as changerooms and bar are 2nd rate)
Ironbank (if they can afford both Motlops & Jarman they can afford to present a good facility)

Having never played at Echunga oval I cant really comment on the facilties there but your kidding yourself if you believe Uraidla's facilities are that low. Easily one of the top three playing surfaces in the comp, would have to be close to the best clubrooms not to mention providing a grandstand for both teams. While the away changes rooms lavender paint colour may not be ideal there is plenty of room as well as decent showers.
Peakedinhighschool
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby One Club Player » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Peakedinhighschool wrote:
Having never played at Echunga oval I cant really comment on the facilties there but your kidding yourself if you believe Uraidla's facilities are that low. Easily one of the top three playing surfaces in the comp, would have to be close to the best clubrooms not to mention providing a grandstand for both teams. While the away changes rooms lavender paint colour may not be ideal there is plenty of room as well as decent showers.

All true apart from the showers bit. I've had more cold showers at Uraidla oval than anywhere else in the HFL.
One Club Player
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:20 pm

I have actually been to a few central matches last season - but not to Uraidla.

It will be great if they have the best oval and facilities and I look forward to being there.

I must admit I probably have rated Mt Barker a bit high considering their playing surface.

Ironbank and Bridgy really are sub par though - and yes i have seen them both recently,

BTW - Echunga have a new jumper which won't clash with anyone.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Legs Man wrote:I have actually been to a few central matches last season - but not to Uraidla.

It will be great if they have the best oval and facilities and I look forward to being there.

I must admit I probably have rated Mt Barker a bit high considering their playing surface.

Ironbank and Bridgy really are sub par though - and yes i have seen them both recently,

BTW - Echunga have a new jumper which won't clash with anyone.

I actually don't think Ironbanks change rooms or clubrooms are that bad. Sure its a shed but inside the showers work & its not the smallest. I played there when both teams shared that shed & a hessian rug hung between them, that was sh!t. The oval is a bit small, I believe they are trying to get land from the golf club to lengthen it.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Mop Up » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:43 pm

And Cracka, you'll be happy to know plenty of hours and dollars have been spent over the offseason to do up the Away Changerooms at IB. While not completely finished for Rd 1, it is very functional and hopefully other teams appreciate their new surroundings
Mop Up
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Amateur Footy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 am

Agree on the cold showers at Uraidla. It's pretty standard by A grade.

Cracka I love the rumour that the golf club will give up land to lengthen the Cherry Gardens oval. That will never happen, but there is room to extend the oval up to 15m if the club puts in the effort and raises the $$. It's private land so no council funding.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Banker » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:11 am

Onka council need to buy out IB Oval. It would solve plenty of headaches. Are any other ovals in the hills privately owned?
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:17 am

Amateur Footy wrote:Agree on the cold showers at Uraidla. It's pretty standard by A grade.

Cracka I love the rumour that the golf club will give up land to lengthen the Cherry Gardens oval. That will never happen, but there is room to extend the oval up to 15m if the club puts in the effort and raises the $$. It's private land so no council funding.

Yeah I knew you were trying to extend it & I thought the land had to come from the golf club. My mistake.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:22 am

Mop Up wrote:And Cracka, you'll be happy to know plenty of hours and dollars have been spent over the offseason to do up the Away Changerooms at IB. While not completely finished for Rd 1, it is very functional and hopefully other teams appreciate their new surroundings

Ironbank have done so well from when they started & are continually improving facilities so I have nothing but admiration for them. The fact that you actually own the oval is amazing.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Legs Man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:46 am

Wow - didn't realise they own their oval at IB - cudos to them.

I hope they can extend the oval then and make it one of the hills better grounds.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Sniper » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Ironbank Oval has one of the best wet weather surfaces in the Hills (as documented on here during last years 'wet season').

Not sure about your top 5 oval facility rankings there Legs ..... by July the Mt Barker Oval and change rooms harbours more germs and diseases than a small African nation !

Balhannah the best followed by Lobethal, Hahndorf, Uraidla, Mt Pleasant.
Sniper
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby Legs Man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Echunga will comfortably be in the top 3 taking into account Oval, facilities, parking, lighting etc etc.

Make your own minds up though as I am sure you haven't been there for a few years.

Another factor is that there is actually 2 ovals with the smaller ground used for under 13's

You can all look forward to great catering also - something Echunga is renowned for.

Agreed - Mt Barker slips well down the list - considering the amount of money that club has at it's disposal while still presenting a substandard ground and facilities.

I have no doubt we are all here for the betterment of Hills footy - I just wish that some of the wealthier clubs tried to grow the WHOLE competition and worked more in tandem with the lesser clubs.

But that may be too big a wish from past experience.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Sniper » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Ironbank 23 gls to Hahndorf 12. Lobethal over a fast finishing Bridgy. Onkas go down to a straight kicking Mt Barker ( another game that got away). Blackwood win by a couple goals after trailing nearly all day.
Sniper
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby citycoaster17 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:35 am

See Echunga got beaten yesterday, but how did they fair?? Did they look the part in Central division?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby jumbo20 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Ironbanks points situation ??????
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bailey39 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:30 pm

Sniper wrote:Ironbank Oval has one of the best wet weather surfaces in the Hills (as documented on here during last years 'wet season').

Not sure about your top 5 oval facility rankings there Legs ..... by July the Mt Barker Oval and change rooms harbours more germs and diseases than a small African nation !

Balhannah the best followed by Lobethal, Hahndorf, Uraidla, Mt Pleasant.

Actually really like playing at Ironbank. Seen much worse facilities over here in WA that's for sure.
bailey39
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby glenmish » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:14 am

jumbo20 wrote:Ironbanks points situation ??????

Do they have a points situation.
glenmish
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby rock » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:44 am

glenmish wrote:
jumbo20 wrote:Ironbanks points situation ??????

Do they have a points situation.

Perhaps it's a situation that there is no situation other than the situation of the situation. That's my guess :)
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Whos ya daddy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:09 am

Sniper wrote:Ironbank 23 gls to Hahndorf 12. Lobethal over a fast finishing Bridgy. Onkas go down to a straight kicking Mt Barker ( another game that got away). Blackwood win by a couple goals after trailing nearly all day.

Shows you how important goal kicking is in footy and maybe some afl teams should take note. Mt Barker kicked something like 11 goals straight before they kicked a point and I think that wasn't until the last quarter. The only thing that kept them in the game until 3/4 time was there accuracy and then they seemed to have a bit more legs at the end. If Onkas had of kicked straighter mt barker might have been 8 goals down 15 min into that first quarter instead of being only 4 goals down. Could have been game over at quarter time.
Whos ya daddy

Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy