Loxton Cup 2008

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Loxton Cup 2008

Postby Pag » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I wouldnt be concerned about Port Noarlungabeing in div 2,im more surprised the teams from the sunraysia f.l being in div 2.Would think they might be too good for Porties surely from what I have witnessed up there.
I don't doubt that LK, my point was just that Porties made the Prelim Final last year and are ranked lower than Happy Valley who didn't make it that far...
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby Zoolander » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:58 am

I think all of the division are very even this year.... I think that games could go either way.... Specially in Div 1.

Pag wrote:How are Port Noarlunga in Division 2 when they made a Preliminary Final in the SFL last year? Happy Valley are in Div 1 and didn't make it that far... Gaza will s***t Division 1 in up there.

Harder to pick down the bottom with most teams not taking an A Grade, it's usually a mixture of blokes who are available to play, with work/family/other sporting commitments taking up weekends in March. Portland should win Division 3 though if they have half their A Grade there.
Zoolander
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Andy #24 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Zoolander wrote:I think all of the division are very even this year.... I think that games could go either way.... Specially in Div 1.

Pag wrote:How are Port Noarlunga in Division 2 when they made a Preliminary Final in the SFL last year? Happy Valley are in Div 1 and didn't make it that far... Gaza will s***t Division 1 in up there.

Harder to pick down the bottom with most teams not taking an A Grade, it's usually a mixture of blokes who are available to play, with work/family/other sporting commitments taking up weekends in March. Portland should win Division 3 though if they have half their A Grade there.

Are you saying Gaza won't shit it in?
Andy #24
Under 18s

Postby the observer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:27 pm

With the forcast at 38 in Adelaide and with Loxtons probably 2% warmer will the Loxton weekend go on When will a decision be made
the observer
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Hairy_Cat » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:17 am

Andy #24 wrote:
Zoolander wrote:I think all of the division are very even this year.... I think that games could go either way.... Specially in Div 1.

Are you saying Gaza won't s***t it in?

Don't be surprised to see Gaza get beaten... The Gaza side that played there last year was definitely not it's strongest...
Hairy_Cat

Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Pag » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:20 am

Hairy_Cat wrote:
Andy #24 wrote:

Are you saying Gaza won't s***t it in?

Don't be surprised to see Gaza get beaten... The Gaza side that played there last year was definitely not it's strongest...

They probably weren't, and yet they still beat Blackwood, Nuri and Port District comfortably enough...

They shouldn't have too many problems I wouldn't think, considering there'sno other A1 teams up there and their opposition will be at about the same standard it was last year...
Pag
Coach

Postby Bradman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:51 am

do you think many teams will pull out this weekend?
Some like to say Arrogant, I like to say confident.
Bradman
Reserves

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Felch » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:53 am

Bradman wrote:do you think many teams will pull out this weekend?

I know we wont, just need to use common sense. Luckily we are taking about 35 blokes so we will have plenty of players to rotate.
Felch
Assistant Coach

Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby yeva » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Felch wrote:

I know we wont, just need to use common sense. Luckily we are taking about 35 blokes so we will have plenty of players to rotate.

what are people wooried about the heat for, its not like you would call a regular season game off because it's too hot!!!!
just means you have more breaks during the quarter and longer ones at the end of quarters.
toughen up champs :lol: :lol:
You win some, you lose some!!!!!
yeva
Rookie

Postby Felch » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:14 pm

yeva wrote:
Felch wrote:

what are people wooried about the heat for, its not like you would call a regular season game off because it's too hot!!!!
just means you have more breaks during the quarter and longer ones at the end of quarters.

You are a hard man Yeva ! :wink:

Seriously, players just have to be smart and prepare right - drink plenty of water before. They are only half-games, so with extra breaks it shouldn't be an issue.
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby Recollect » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 pm

yeva wrote:
Felch wrote:

A few things champ its not a regular season game,some teams are not at a stage of their preparation where playing three games over the W/E in over 40 degree heat would be beneficial to them and the most important as a coach i have a duty of care to all players that take the field to provide a safe playing environement so before you post think beyond the square that is why i will not be playing and will pull the team i coach out of carnival if forecast stays what they are forecasting for the WE.
Recollect

Postby Felch » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:41 pm

Recollect wrote:
yeva wrote:
Felch wrote:

A few things champ its not a regular season game,some teams are not at a stage of their preparation where playing three games over the W/E in over 40 degree heat would be beneficial to them and the most important as a coach i have a duty of care to all players that take the field to provide a safe playing environement so before you post think beyond the square that is why i will not be playing and will pull the team i coach out of carnival if forecast stays what they are forecasting for the WE.

I agree with a lot of that. Luckily for you though, you are in a position where you can withdraw your team at the last minute. We cannot, as buses and accomodation have been booked and paid for. Safety of players comes first, i agree, but theres no reason why it cannot still go ahead, with some modifications. The Loxton carnival is an important part of our 2008 preparation and anyone who didnt expect it to be hot in March is naive.

Personally, i wouldnt expect any of our players to do anything i wouldnt do. I have played trials/games in excessive heat before, and even intend to have a kick this weekend.
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby Bradman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:43 pm

just make sure d lenno has the clear fluid to keep his fluids up not the amber colour!
Bradman
Reserves

Postby Felch » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Bradman wrote:just make sure d lenno has the clear fluid to keep his fluids up not the amber colour!

Ha ha, i told him the weather may even help him drop a few kg's too :lol:
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby Bradman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Felch wrote:
Bradman wrote:just make sure d lenno has the clear fluid to keep his fluids up not the amber colour!

Ha ha, i told him the weather may even help him drop a few kg's too :lol:

You will get 5 mins from him and he will revert to his short run!
Bradman
Reserves

Postby Pag » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Felch wrote:
Recollect wrote:
yeva wrote:
Felch wrote:I know we wont, just need to use common sense. Luckily we are taking about 35 blokes so we will have plenty of players to rotate.

I agree with a lot of that. Luckily for you though, you are in a position where you can withdraw your team at the last minute. We cannot, as buses and accomodation have been booked and paid for. Safety of players comes first, i agree, but theres no reason why it cannot still go ahead, with some modifications. The Loxton carnival is an important part of our 2008 preparation and anyone who didnt expect it to be hot in March is naive.

Personally, i wouldnt expect any of our players to do anything i wouldnt do. I have played trials/games in excessive heat before, and even intend to have a kick this weekend.

Ohhhh, I'm tempted to drive to Moonta, play, then drive straight up to Loxton to watch the great man himself in action... :D
Last edited by Pag on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Postby Felch » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:41 pm

I said INTEND to have a kick....hopefully i can actually get one ! :lol:
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:52 pm

What number you wearing felch, then I'll know who I'm laughing at ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Felch » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:What number you wearing felch, then I'll know who I'm laughing at ;)

Number ??? I will have to wear what ever guernsey is left over mate....i wouldnt tell ya anyway if i knew :wink: :lol:

Just look for a bloke leaning against one of the goal posts because he is too buggered to stand up by himself ! :D
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:12 pm

But I'm not playing! :lol:
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy