HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby The Panther » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:40 pm

With all the rumours of a changed HFL next year ( 12 team central competiton etc ) , I was wondering if the HFL has or intends to ask the very basic question of who wants to play in central.

What if we go to a 12 team comp with Echunga staying up and Nairne and Lofty coming up, only for say Birdwood or Meadows to say hey we want into central as well now.
I would assume other clubs like gums, kangy and maccy etc. find that country div suit them.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby rock » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:41 pm

The Panther wrote:
overthehill wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:Can someone from Onkas please tell me why a convicted criminal is again playing for them after recent release on parole. Has anyone cared to read the court report in relation to this serious offence? Why would a club allow a person of this character to return?

Very poor post from a faceless person that has very little intelligence. Shame, shame, shame

Agreed. The general public usually have zero understanding of matters such as these. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard and create hysteria.

Having met the young man outside of football , I would have no concerns with him being at my club.

Would you leave him alone with your daughter, I would think not. And he's not a man.
rock
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby magpiemaster » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:12 pm

Echunga will be unlucky to go down, think their club as a whole has a quality that adds to the competition. Obviously their B Grade is horrendous but there is no doubt they will slowly improve. Echunga are going to finish last there isn’t much doubt there but plenty of talk says they won’t have to go down. For now let’s leave it as is and talk some footy.
As I see it the junior Grades are probably all going to be won by Hahndorf (slight bias, maybe). But I know none of the lads will be getting carried away until the final siren of the season. A real Buzz at the footy club at the moment and real excitement to see what these kids can bring home in not only September but also in the future years. Hopefully it results in moving back up the ladder in our 2 senior grades.
As for the B grade I think Blackwood should get the chocolates but Uri and Onkas have some handy players and on Grand Final day anything could happen.
The closest grade I can see is actually in the A grade. Mt Barkers win on the weekend probably restores faith no side is unbeatable. Watched Mt Barker destroy us only 6 weeks or so back and they were really good. Seems like they could be building at the right time, while over the last few years it seems like they are playing their better footy earlier in the year. Personally I think Barker will win as the A grade finals seems to always be an upset winner. Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised if Uri won it or even if Blackwood came from 5th to make it. Personally I’d love to see Echunga make it and with their list I think they can. Lobey are the unknown for me, so good early on and past half way they have been very up and down. On their day they could win it but would need to see a few weeks of consistency at the right time of year if they are to give it a shake. As far as I can tell this is the most open race to win a flag that I can remember and it seems to get closer every year, so the HFL should take some pride in that, not many comps could say that.
magpiemaster
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:59 pm

MM refreshing to hear footy talk. Let's shelve the whole relegation debate until after the season. Hahndorf has to be proud of their junior program and I'm sure is the envy of all other HFL Clubs, if what I hear is correct, the sponsorship $$'s your juniors raise is amazing.

Yesterday I raised a question regarding TV and Onkas qualifying A Graders for B Grade finals, what's the ruling because one of those 2 teams could easily upset a Uraidla or Blackwood in the big dance?
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Rubber Chest » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:22 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:MM refreshing to hear footy talk. Let's shelve the whole relegation debate until after the season. Hahndorf has to be proud of their junior program and I'm sure is the envy of all other HFL Clubs, if what I hear is correct, the sponsorship $$'s your juniors raise is amazing.

Yesterday I raised a question regarding TV and Onkas qualifying A Graders for B Grade finals, what's the ruling because one of those 2 teams could easily upset a Uraidla or Blackwood in the big dance?

The general rule is that you need to play more B grade then A grade and play the last game of the year in B grade to play B grade finals unless your A grade is in the finals and then the rule changes again. However, this is not always the case. Watch ONKAS get a permit to play Kerber, Ferraro and B smart (again) in their B grade finals team when they've clearly played more A grade than B grade. I think it depends on how the HFL feel on the day and generally they are fairly generous. Who wants to see players missing out. We can't complain at Lobey as our permits have generally been approved.
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby The Panther » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:23 pm

If Mount Barker defeat Lobethal . What kind of win would Echunga require over Hahndorf to jump into 3rd.
The Panther
Under 16s

Postby Banker » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:40 pm

The Panther wrote:If Mount Barker defeat Lobethal . What kind of win would Echunga require over Hahndorf to jump into 3rd.

Very very unlikely. Echunga would need Mt Barker to win by 10+ goals and also belt Handorf by 20+ goals.
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Armytank » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Yesterday I raised a question regarding TV and Onkas qualifying A Graders for B Grade finals, what's the ruling because one of those 2 teams could easily upset a Uraidla or Blackwood in the big dance?

You just have to have played more games in the B grade than A grade. If it is even then your last game you have played needs to be in the B grade.

What catches clubs out is that player X plays 7 games in the a grade at the start of the season, then goes on holidays/gets injured for 6 weeks then plays 5 games of B grade and they think he automatically qualifies because they have forgotton about the 7 in the A grade at the start of the year.
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Armytank » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Rubber Chest wrote:
Yellow & Black wrote:MM refreshing to hear footy talk. Let's shelve the whole relegation debate until after the season. Hahndorf has to be proud of their junior program and I'm sure is the envy of all other HFL Clubs, if what I hear is correct, the sponsorship $$'s your juniors raise is amazing.

The general rule is that you need to play more B grade then A grade and play the last game of the year in B grade to play B grade finals unless your A grade is in the finals and then the rule changes again. However, this is not always the case. Watch ONKAS get a permit to play Kerber, Ferraro and B smart (again) in their B grade finals team when they've clearly played more A grade than B grade. I think it depends on how the HFL feel on the day and generally they are fairly generous. Who wants to see players missing out. We can't complain at Lobey as our permits have generally been approved.

Correct, it all goes south when you don't apply for a permit.

I gets a bit farcical sometimes but you might as well just ask for a permit for the entire squad you want to play through the finals series.
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby The Panther » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Banker wrote:
The Panther wrote:If Mount Barker defeat Lobethal . What kind of win would Echunga require over Hahndorf to jump into 3rd.

Very very unlikely. Echunga would need Mt Barker to win by 10+ goals and also belt Handorf by 20+ goals.

Having a look at for and against, I don't think its that dramatic. It might depend on what sort of team Hahndorf puts out.
The Panther
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Rubber Chest wrote:

They would have been B Grade most of the year if we didn't have the shocking run with injuries that we had, but not sure if that is a good enough reason for permits. Now that we are back to virtually having the full list to choose from, Ferraro & Smart have been playing B's & wouldn't make our A's.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby The Gimp » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:19 am

Last year the clubs squashed (voted at meeting) the idea of any permits being issued to B graders regardless of the reasons and therefore no permits were handed out. I believe it will be the same this year.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby On The Chest » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:12 am

Having read this forum for a fair while, I am a bit over all the carry on about relegations, clubs being strong in A grade but their B grade and others being ordinary etc. This went on last year with Lofty and now with Echunga. Whether I agree with it or not doesn't matter. That's the rules I guess.

The part I haven't seen mentioned on here and am seeking clarification on is.
Let's for arguments sake say Echunga get relegated to country due mainly to poor performances in lower grades.
Does the club in country league that is looking for promotion have to be the club of the year in country league or just the winner of the A grade flag?
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:38 am

On The Chest wrote:Having read this forum for a fair while, I am a bit over all the carry on about relegations, clubs being strong in A grade but their B grade and others being ordinary etc. This went on last year with Lofty and now with Echunga. Whether I agree with it or not doesn't matter. That's the rules I guess.

The part I haven't seen mentioned on here and am seeking clarification on is.
Let's for arguments sake say Echunga get relegated to country due mainly to poor performances in lower grades.
Does the club in country league that is looking for promotion have to be the club of the year in country league or just the winner of the A grade flag?

Either side that plays in Country A grade GF can nominate to go up with preference to the winner should both nominate.

Only 1 side can go up.

Only requirement is that they field all junior sides.

You don't have to be on top of the club shield to go up.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby On The Chest » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:12 am

Thanks for that Legs Man.
Seems strange that they only rely on A grade results to go from country to Central as long as you can field the other teams but to avoid relegation from Central, they use results from all grades.
To me that shows you need to have good numbers in the seniors plus good results along with a good colts program, and numbers, before you would contemplate going from country to Central even if eligible.
All the best for the finals
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:56 am

On The Chest wrote:Thanks for that Legs Man.
Seems strange that they only rely on A grade results to go from country to Central as long as you can field the other teams but to avoid relegation from Central, they use results from all grades.
To me that shows you need to have good numbers in the seniors plus good results along with a good colts program, and numbers, before you would contemplate going from country to Central even if eligible.
All the best for the finals

We effectively went up to ensure the life of our juniors as we couldn't draw overflow players when in Country div.

It has also been a great test for our A grade - but a hard transition for our B grade.

Thanks for the good luck!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Banker » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:59 am

The Panther wrote:
Banker wrote:

Having a look at for and against, I don't think its that dramatic. It might depend on what sort of team Hahndorf puts out.

Thanks Panther, my calculator must be broken :roll:
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Postby Tanka » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:25 am

Anyone else perplexed about Mt Barker getting a final - again?? Terrible away changerooms, shithouse parking and a small oval to showcase such a potentially great game
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times

Postby Banker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Banker wrote:

:oops:
Maybe not?? I just got a text that Echunga and Barker have had big wins and Echunga have taken 3rd spot! Can anyone confirm??
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:24 pm

Banker wrote:
Banker wrote:

:oops:
Maybe not?? I just got a text that Echunga and Barker have had big wins and Echunga have taken 3rd spot! Can anyone confirm??

Going by sportingpulse, they have just missed out by 0.44%
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy