HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby The Cloak » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:22 pm

Wise_Old_Man wrote:Now look I know I may be considered somewhat of a dinosaur in football terms having been out of the game in a playing capacity for a few decades now but ................ all this talk online, in the media and in the local Courier newspaper has goaded me to make my first post on this forum.

Nobody admits to liking the umpires, we all know this, and this is exacerbated by some pitiful grandstanding performances in the AFL most weekends which arcs us all up. But from where I sit in the comfort of my trusty stead at the footy in the hills most weekends, we are pretty blessed with, generally speaking, an honest bunch of hardworking officials who on most occasions go above and beyond their duties every Saturday during the season. The game is umpired like the SANFL used to be before this years weird rule changes. I personally know some of these blokes and they really do love their job. Yes it is a paid gig but I don’t think many of us would run around for about 6 - 8km’s in a morning game and then another 12 – 14km’s for an A grade game for the dollars on offer.

To read that an experienced A Grade coach had tee’d off at young ex SANFL umpire with a tirade of expletives during a half time break where the umpire apparently HAD to traverse this area to use the toilets, was very disappointing indeed. But to then have an article published in the Courier almost blaming the young umpire for the outburst is totally out of line. Basically inferring the umpires performance had goaded the coach to abuse him? I think the old Fossil who wrote that letter to the sports editor may still be stuck back 56 years ago if he thinks this kind of behaviour is OK in 2016.

Also this week it appears our excellent local rag has decided to get awfully personal with yet another very experienced ex SANFL umpire by naming and shaming him in the Hahndorf vs Uraidla write up for one, yep one, “ridiculous free kick”. Whilst I was not at the game I did share a cold one or two during the week with a couple of old Hahndorf players who were at the game (for past players day) and they assured me the performance of both umpires in the A Grade game for the day was pretty good in the view that they went mainly un-noticed for most of the day, and most certainly had no effect on Uraidla winning the game.

I thought I may be getting a little sensitive in my old age being a former club boundary umpire from many moons ago. So today I went back through the weekends footy reports in the Courier imagining I would see numerous references to “ridiculous” errors from players being personally noted also. As we see for ourselves clangers happen on a pretty regular basis to every player and every club. But to my astonishment poor old Kent Shillitoe from Mt Barker (sorry Kent) was the only footballer in the hills to make a mistake over the weekend worth mentioning in the Courier ?
Go figure, over 350 players mentioned in the reports and this poor bloke was the only one who had “a poor disposal”.
Not even a Red or Yellow card was a big enough "ridiculous" mistake to get a mention.
And likewise poor old Umpire Ross Wall was the only umpire to pay a “ridiculous free kick”.

Thank goodness the Uri lad didn’t allegedly flash his member at the Umpire, the poor old maggot would have been accused of goading him to do it !
Seriously?

Welcome to the forum there Wise Old Man.

It appears Ross may not be the only individual to be tarnished from this Courier article.

The article was listed as written by respected Hahndorf FC Historian, Graeme Sinclair .... But my sources tell me he wasn't the one who included Ross's name or made comment on the decision.

Makes you wonder who the keyboard warrior is at the humble Courier who is goading the umpiring fraternity under the guise of Graeme Sinclair ?
The Cloak
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Coober Pedy

Postby running defender » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:40 am

Torrens valley must have ordered to many brown paper
Bags for the pies tomorrow .
They found another way to use them tho !
What a joke the CFL are , it just smacks of jobs for the boys
Here we are round 9 and not one charge anywhere , not even a hint of a misdemeanour .
At the end of the year they'll put out some waffle about how
Successful the salary cap was .
Father Christmas is real to.
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Stackson » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:03 pm

running defender wrote:Torrens valley must have ordered to many brown paper
Bags for the pies tomorrow .
They found another way to use them tho !
What a joke the CFL are , it just smacks of jobs for the boys
Here we are round 9 and not one charge anywhere , not even a hint of a misdemeanour .
At the end of the year they'll put out some waffle about how
Successful the salary cap was .
Father Christmas is real to.

Completely agree Running Defender nothing will happen. You only have to look at the BL&G 2 teams have been looked at as far as I've heard Willaston (Josh Glenn straight from the Gold Coast Suns) and Gawler Centrals are all ok, yeah right ! Barossa District might come undone building a case apparently. North Eastern league I haven't heard any rumblings would have thought most clubs up here wouldn't have been over the cap last year before it came in.
Bordertown I've heard being investigated pretty hard but without being able to check players bank accounts property and assets how could you find out anything!
Stackson
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Eudunda

Postby Alaska » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:09 pm

It was always going to be toothless tigers there are a thousand ways to "help" a player.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:03 pm

running defender wrote:Torrens valley must have ordered to many brown paperBags for the pies tomorrow .They found another way to use them tho !

I might be completely wrong here BUT I was told that the players in question that played at TV on Saturday would be 3 pointers. I know it doesn't affect anything by playing B grade but if they happen to get cleared to TV next year would they then become 2 pointers as they played at TV this year.
Sounds suss and I would hope that it isn't the case.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby TheBull » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:18 pm

Heard a second hand rumour today that the HFL may have to withdraw their inter league sides, yet again due to lack of interest. A number of players have pulled out last minute due to tough games on the weekend and wanting a week off. This may be the final nail in the coffin for inter league. Just like state of origin in the AFL, players value a club premiership that much higher. Hopefully the hills can still scrape together a team but it certinaly won't be the side they were after.
TheBull
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby chopper7 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:30 pm

TheBull wrote:Heard a second hand rumour today that the HFL may have to withdraw their inter league sides, yet again due to lack of interest. A number of players have pulled out last minute due to tough games on the weekend and wanting a week off. This may be the final nail in the coffin for inter league. Just like state of origin in the AFL, players value a club premiership that much higher. Hopefully the hills can still scrape together a team but it certinaly won't be the side they were after.

i doubt they will be pulling out sides at all. A lot of sponsorship and work has gone into this years interleague so there will be 2 sides definitely. If it means they suspend blokes for not making themselves available then the HFL can definitely do that.
I know some players ruled themselves out injuried weeks ago but magically been playing the last few weeks, one even kicked 6 on the weekend! So work that out.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:17 pm

Interleague is dead, time to stop flogging a dead horse. If I were a club I would face the risk of the fine and suspension vs having some of my key players out for a longer period with injury. how can a league insist on a player playing interleague when a contract to play is between the player and the club? a player is contracted to the HFL?
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby running defender » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Try $800 v's $ 0 that's why Interleague is dead.
There's a lot more important things to worry about
Than the RIP Mr Ed..
running defender
Rookie

Postby chopper7 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:34 pm

wazzal77 wrote:Interleague is dead, time to stop flogging a dead horse. If I were a club I would face the risk of the fine and suspension vs having some of my key players out for a longer period with injury. how can a league insist on a player playing interleague when a contract to play is between the player and the club? a player is contracted to the HFL?

It is in the by-laws that the HFL can impose a 2 game suspension if they feel fit too.
I don't believe interleague is dead at all, you'll see that the side that represents the Hills is going to be full of young enthusiastic players that want to be there and not after the dollar!! I can't wait to see how both sides will go against the Malle and the Riverland on Saturday!
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby Alaska » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:28 am

They dug their own grave years ago when they did select the paid “stars” and not the young local talent, they reap what they sow. Many youngsters went to all the trainings and the imports were selected. Short term thinking as the youngsters have now said get lost…unavailable.
Alaska
League - Best 21

Postby Alaska » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:28 am

They dug their own grave years ago when they did select the paid “stars” and not the young local talent, they reap what they sow. Many youngsters went to all the trainings and the imports were selected. Short term thinking as the youngsters have now said get lost…unavailable.
Alaska
League - Best 21

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:38 am

An interesting scenario to come out of the "Flash Gordon" case from the Hahndorf vs Uraidla game. His defence was that he had been goaded by the Dorf spectators. You would have thought that with a name like his, his skin would be a little bit thicker than most. Subsequently the HFC spectators have been put on notice for the remainder of the season. Meaning what????? For the uninitiated GOAD =provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate an action or reaction. Hey nobody does this at a footy match LOL So everyone be warned PLEASE no more goading.
Grumpy Old B

Postby Windbag » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Glad to see Goading banned, it can be dangerous. What about the Lobethal Blackwood finish, Lucas Herbert standing in front of the goals, winding down the clock but eventually, after 30 seconds, gets called to play on and the smallest player for Lobethal brings him down and game over, Lobethal by a point. Blackwood not happy, again..
Windbag
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby running defender » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:26 pm

So you get 5 weeks for calling someone a white maggot,
But you can flash your private parts in front a group of spectators because you where "goaded" into it
What a joke, this is incompetence at the highest level.
So just sit quiet at the football no yelling, barracking, goading or clapping sounds like we are at tennis "quiet please"
There's a rumour going around that the points system is going to be scrapped, anyone heard this?
running defender
Rookie

Postby sideview » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:24 am

Does anyone have the Div 1 side for tomorrow.
sideview
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby Punches » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Can't post a side yet because I don't think they have a full one
Punches
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby chopper7 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:06 pm

Punches wrote:Can't post a side yet because I don't think they have a full one

Why make up such rumours???

Side is as follows:
Mt Barker
Ethan Bell
Zain King

Blackwood:
Phil Hopton
James Catford
Ryan Dijskman
Daniel Bennetts

Lobethal:
Tim Jenkin
Mitch Weeks
James Elliot
Joe Zadow
Jack Maxwell

Torrens Valley:
Braeden Renshaw
Ben Hanna
Kurt Watermann
Damon Hill

Hahndorf:
Jacob Leake
Josh Wittwer
Matt Roberts

Uri:
Tom Kluvanek
Micheal Tudor

Ironbank:
Sean Baker
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby Grumpy Old B » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:07 pm

Punches wrote:Can't post a side yet because I don't think they have a full one

Great to see that the Hills have a full side
All the best to them tomorrow. I hope they do themselves and there clubs proud.

I also heard yesterday that they were still contacting players
Perhaps they wanted back up or some stronger players??? :roll:
Grumpy Old B

Postby Punches » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:48 pm

No scores chopper? You seem to be in the know
Punches
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time