Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:43 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
OnSong wrote:Bit goin on in Bushy's president's report in the Informer heaping praise on Lochiel as a ground that could host the grand final.

Thoughts?

Shithole!!

Yes I agree with Nuffy, it's terrible with its country footy atmosphere, massive change rooms, new club rooms, green grass and ample parking. I also hate that you can stand in the middle of the netty and footy and pretend you're watching the netty and not the footy. I also hate that the kids can run around in the scrub having fun.
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Not sure what you call that umpiring??? Absolutely disgusting, and I thought the United game was disgraceful, at least that game it was bad towards both teams, but this???? TL can do nothing wrong, total protected species, I watch a lot of SANFl / inter Association/ other leagues but this was unbelievable, surely they are not GF worthy, yeah TW to their credit came back firing, But still Holy Shit!!!!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby OnSong » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:59 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Not sure what you call that umpiring??? Absolutely disgusting, and I thought the United game was disgraceful, at least that game it was bad towards both teams, but this???? TL can do nothing wrong, total protected species, I watch a lot of SANFl / inter Association/ other leagues but this was unbelievable, surely they are not GF worthy, yeah TW to their credit came back firing, But still Holy Shit!!!!!

Tallan Leighton?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 538 times
Been liked: 561 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:15 pm

OnSong wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Not sure what you call that umpiring??? Absolutely disgusting, and I thought the United game was disgraceful, at least that game it was bad towards both teams, but this???? TL can do nothing wrong, total protected species, I watch a lot of SANFl / inter Association/ other leagues but this was unbelievable, surely they are not GF worthy, yeah TW to their credit came back firing, But still Holy Shit!!!!!

Tallan Leighton?

The umpiring was pathetic today but that had nothing to do with Troy Algar getting sent off. He clearly couldn't take the hassling that Leightion was giving him and throw an elbow at him at the wrong time infront of the umpire! Was given a yellow and more and likely won't be playing in the GF.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:48 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Tallan Leighton?

The umpiring was pathetic today but that had nothing to do with Troy Algar getting sent off. He clearly couldn't take the hassling that Leightion was giving him and throw an elbow at him at the wrong time infront of the umpire! Was given a yellow and more and likely won't be playing in the GF.

I am not defending Algar, was a stupid thing, but how TL can continue going around doing it, right under their noses, yet never seem to be noticed, and Harts punch on bennison in front of their noses yet nothing again seen, not saying or defending Mallala, but after the United game people were quick onto the keyboard's, Nothing like being the most hated,and it seems most hated by the umpires, they reckon Umpires don't hold grudges, O They hold grudges,
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Snags » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:19 pm

Summary
Umpires were poor... both ways. Move on.
Mallala all class with their finish, well played.
Now onto the prelim, balak at home will be a absolute rip snorter! Look forward to watching this clash!
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby OnSong » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:22 am

GIDDY UP! wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Tallan Leighton?

Didn't see the incident but Clarke was quick to get out there. Think Starr might be in some strife from the ressies match too?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:34 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:As is the case most weeks during the season, Mallala will be subjected to plenty of "niggle" during the finals series. If they lack discipline and self-control, and do stupid things, they will get what they deserve from the men in white. The umpires rarely get it wrong MC (they are human though so give them a bit of break!) - as is the case most years, they have been stellar again this season ;) :D
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby hairy cat » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:58 am

OnSong wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Tallan Leighton?

Didn't see the incident but Clarke was quick to get out there. Think Starr might be in some strife from the ressies match too?

I think BP Has gotta away with much worse over the years
TL just gets under your skin verbally
Seems like someone needs a hug
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:01 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Interesting observation. Hairy cat - you're right in saying that it takes two to tango. Most games (at every level of footy) always have some level of "niggle" going on, and its usually in an attempt to get a reaction from those that lack discipline and self-control. Discipline teams can handle it, while those that lack discipline are made to look stupid because they respond by doing stupid things. There is a way of responding to it, and its pretty clear that the two United players that got sent off, were not all that smart about it. Bottom line is, the umpires did not control the level of "niggle" (from both teams) early enough and it manifested into an all-in half time scuffle.

You've basically admitted to Mallala starting all the "niggle" and United getting caught retaliating and looking stupid for doing so. You are 100% correct.

Not sure its a great thing to admit to leading into the finals, there may be umpires reading this who will now be on the lookout for Mallala instigating it. Each to their own though.

Good luck to all teams who made finals. May the best team win.

Most whom have played the game will know exactly what I mean - umpires are no different.

As is the case most weeks during the season, Mallala will be subjected to plenty of "niggle" during the finals series. If they lack discipline and self-control, and do stupid things, they will get what they deserve from the men in white. The umpires rarely get it wrong MC (they are human though so give them a bit of break!) - as is the case most years, they have been stellar again this season ;) :D

Sounds like SD couldn't get the message through to Algar :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:14 pm

The umpiring was pathetic today but that had nothing to do with Troy Algar getting sent off. He clearly couldn't take the hassling that Leightion was giving him and throw an elbow at him at the wrong time infront of the umpire! Was given a yellow and more and likely won't be playing in the GF.[/quote]
Didn't see the incident but Clarke was quick to get out there. Think Starr might be in some strife from the ressies match too?[/quote]
I think BP Has gotta away with much worse over the years
TL just gets under your skin verbally
Seems like someone needs a hug[/quote]
Verbally, or the cheeky punches to the head in packs, we all know BP no Angel but it is funny all you find faults with Mallala really quickly but go blind just as fast, Like I say, we thrive on being the most hated club around, success must hurt, this race is wide open for anyone to take, but if that umpiring is the best we can showcase on the big day for the league like yesterday, well !!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Snags wrote:

Summary
Now onto the prelim, balak at home will be a absolute rip snorter! Look forward to watching this clash!

Summary, Funny Snags, must have seen the free kick count!! You were happy to talk about the umpiring in the Tw/Vir game, I don't think you'll be watching, Will Wise/Spiteri be ready to go I wonder?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby OnSong » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 pm

I'd expect both to play.

Will come at the cost of someone though, perhaps Pete Seccafien and Ben Slattery.

Hard to find someone to drop.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Snags » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:56 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Snags wrote:

Summary

Summary, Funny Snags, must have seen the free kick count!! You were happy to talk about the umpiring in the Tw/Vir game, I don't think you'll be watching, Will Wise/Spiteri be ready to go I wonder?

I heard mallala took a free kick count, two wells 23 to mallala 8? That's the biggest load of S I have ever heard haha definitely inaccurate.
I'm not too sure on those 2, haven't spoken to either of them about there injuries!
Snags
Under 16s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:15 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:As is the case most weeks during the season, Mallala will be subjected to plenty of "niggle" during the finals series. If they lack discipline and self-control, and do stupid things, they will get what they deserve from the men in white. The umpires rarely get it wrong MC (they are human though so give them a bit of break!) - as is the case most years, they have been stellar again this season ;) :D

"Rarely" doesn't mean never ;)
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:44 am

This week's prelim will be a beauty based on the recent form of both teams. Balaklava have done a great job to turn their season around, given that only 6 weeks ago Two Wells smashed them by 89 points. With Spiteri and Wise to come back in this week - the roosters should get the job done. Is McCurry a chance?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby 23rd man » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Spoke to wise at an 18th on the weekend and apparently he's a certainty!! Could of played last week.
23rd man

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Snags » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:06 pm

23rd man wrote:Spoke to wise at an 18th on the weekend and apparently he's a certainty!! Could of played last week.

Not sure this is true but wouldn't of thought he would be a certainty at all, will be hard to crack that team. Especially after not playing since round 5.
Snags
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:22 pm

I've heard Algar has accepted two matches, Ryan Starr challenging his.

Hard to see either getting off if they challenge, emergency umpire did the reporting I think.
OnSong
Coach

Postby hairy cat » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:20 pm

Big fella from the rams was trying to hedbut
BG then RS joined in an wacked him
Umpire VH 3rd umpire was shocked when BJ
said here's the card go get 14 and sin bin him and that's what I saw
About time well done BJ
hairy cat