Mid Murray League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Mid Murray League

Postby sparky » Sun May 25, 2008 12:45 pm

As long as everyone has a laugh it's all good. TC you wouldn't happen to have another nickname would you. BOM?
sparky

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blanchetown-Swan Reach

Postby TimmiesChin » Sun May 25, 2008 12:48 pm

sparky wrote:As long as everyone has a laugh it's all good. TC you wouldn't happen to have another nickname would you. BOM?

No .... but you're damn close.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby sparky » Sun May 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Mailbu then
sparky

Postby TimmiesChin » Sun May 25, 2008 12:56 pm

sparky wrote:Mailbu then

snap
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Mon May 26, 2008 9:53 am

The Truth wrote:Sounds like Texas Rattlesnake is a little bit jealous? You obviously don't know a thing about Brett McPherson you goose! Or maybe you do, maybe he's towled you up b4? I have played with Brett in the past and have seen first hand how good he is when he wants to.

Put your name up champ and see if anyone rates you as a footballer. I'd doubt it.

Probably a professional spectator/knocker, the cancer of all footy clubs.

The Truth, I had the pleasure of watching Brett play for South Gawler in 2006. I dont he had an impact on one game during his stint there... according to the then assistant coach this guy was going to win the team games of footy on his own!
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Postby The Truth » Wed May 28, 2008 5:21 pm

2006 Texas? Doubt it very much. I played with Brett at Rosewater that year when his brother was the A Grade coach. I think he was at the South 'Basket Case' Gawler (for only a few games) b4 then.
So you are bagging a bloke who was 21 at the time, all because he didn't live up to the raps given to him by someone else? Poor form on your behalf........

So other than the 5 games you may have seen him play, what else do you base your comments on? Haven't read anything to suggest your not bitter in some way.

A friend from work who plays at BSR said he is a good player who does his job up forward. But then again, my friend has no hidden agendas?

Your name again?
The Truth
Mini-League

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Wed May 28, 2008 5:33 pm

The Truth wrote:2006 Texas? Doubt it very much. I played with Brett at Rosewater that year when his brother was the A Grade coach. I think he was at the South 'Basket Case' Gawler (for only a few games) b4 then.
So you are bagging a bloke who was 21 at the time, all because he didn't live up to the raps given to him by someone else? Poor form on your behalf........

So other than the 5 games you may have seen him play, what else do you base your comments on? Haven't read anything to suggest your not bitter in some way.

A friend from work who plays at BSR said he is a good player who does his job up forward. But then again, my friend has no hidden agendas?

Your name again?

The Truth, this is just my opinion which i made from what i have seen. Am i not allowed to share my thoughts? I do stand corrected it was the year 2005 when Ian Dettman and Wayne Meaker were in charge of the club...
I would also suggest that anyone that can kick a football straight would be able to dominate the Mid-Murray football league... so i wouldn't pumping someone up who kicks bags of goals each week in that league!

South 'Basket Case' Gawler? What does this even mean? are you referring to their 37 premierships????
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Postby old moz » Wed May 28, 2008 6:09 pm

are the McP boys playing for BSR related? the team seems to be going ok, must be easier than coaching flies down a wall.
old moz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby sparky » Thu May 29, 2008 7:59 am

Yep brothers old moz. The Truth which of the boys do you work with?
sparky

Postby sparky » Thu May 29, 2008 8:01 am

The Truth, this is just my opinion which i made from what i have seen. Am i not allowed to share my thoughts? I do stand corrected it was the year 2005 when Ian Dettman and Wayne Meaker were in charge of the club...
I would also suggest that anyone that can kick a football straight would be able to dominate the Mid-Murray football league... so i wouldn't pumping someone up who kicks bags of goals each week in that league!

South 'Basket Case' Gawler? What does this even mean? are you referring to their 37 premierships????[/quote]

As we all know kicking a ball straight will get the goals but you still need some other guy to get it down to them.
sparky

Postby Back Pocket_19 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:25 am

I might add to this little fire being stoked by the truth and tex. I was also playing at South when Mcpherson was there and when he trained (which was about twice) he came out on the field, got the ball a couple of times and maybe kicked it. Then he would collect his match payment (roughly $100 a kick) and go home. Thats just what happened at South. You could definitely see the potential in the bloke and good luck to him if he's playing well elsewhere but he's playing time at south is something he'd rather forget i reckon..
Back Pocket_19

Postby TimmiesChin » Thu May 29, 2008 7:45 pm

Back Pocket_19 wrote:You could definitely see the potential in the bloke and good luck to him if he's playing well elsewhere but he's playing time at south is something he'd rather forget i reckon..

You would be right.... he has basically labelled it the worst time of his footy life. Sometimes players just dont fit into clubs, and he got the sense the players didnt want him there, and probably played accordingly. I can understand that .. I always found south abit insular as a club. Probably why he is enjoying his time so much now ... and spending time around the place.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby Back Pocket_19 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:24 am

Thats fair enough, i can understand why some players would feel that way. South Gawler isn't everyones cup of tea so i'm happy he's moved on and is enjoying his footy.
Back Pocket_19

Postby sparky » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:02 pm

Looks like we had a pretty close one against Ramco yesterday, scoring on one of the lasts plays to get up by 4 points. There were a few big outs and some of the younger guys had to step up against a fairly pumped up opposition.

Also by the sounds of it a couple of B grade boys had a good game also, can you confirm this TimmiesChin??
sparky

Postby TimmiesChin » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:09 pm

Yep sparky - it was a close game pretty much from quarter time on, with scores see-sawing quite a bit.

BSR scored a goal with about ten seconds left on the clock to get up by four points. Ramco did look pretty pumped up, but in the end the BSR onballers got a few late clearances to set up the win.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby sparky » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:32 pm

How about the guys from the B's who came up for the day, what were their games like?
sparky

Postby TimmiesChin » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:37 pm

sparky wrote:How about the guys from the B's who came up for the day, what were their games like?

Bit hard to say ... buckets rucked all day and got in the best, and the others didn't go too badly either.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby sparky » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Breaking news

Morgan/Cadell forfeit A Grade v BSR tomorrow.

I know it hard without having a B grade to pull extra players from but you only need to find 19 players it's not that hard.

End Rant
sparky

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:55 pm

what is the stroy with Morgan Cadell? is this just a once off or are they doomed and possibly on the brink of extinction...
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:23 pm

Having talked to a few people down that way, they feel doomed.
Some are even suggesting this is the final year.
It is understood that the flu knocked the club about and resulted in the forfeit.

Mid Murray??????
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy