Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:39 am

Round 1 saw just the one upset with the Highly fancied Mudlarks going down to Strath at Mudlark Park. by 10 points.
Victor were quick out of the blocks but after quarter time Willunga asserted their superiority to win comfortably.
McLaren had the game wrapped up at half time against Compass but didnt go on with it and tho never in danger of losing only won by a few goals to record their 21st win on the trot in GSFL
Goolwa/PE came out on top in a low scoring slog against Yank by 14 points
After a very even 1st half the Creeks put their foot down in the 3rd term against the Bays by kicking some very clever goals on the way to a 6 goal win
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 452 times

Postby DoublebluTiger » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:59 am

jackpot jim wrote:Round 1 saw just the one upset with the Highly fancied Mudlarks going down to Strath at Mudlark Park. by 10 points.
Victor were quick out of the blocks but after quarter time Willunga asserted their superiority to win comfortably.
McLaren had the game wrapped up at half time against Compass but didnt go on with it and tho never in danger of losing only won by a few goals to record their 21st win on the trot in GSFL
After a very even 1st half the Creeks put their foot down in the 3rd term against the Bays by kicking some very clever goals on the way to a 6 goal win

I would have thought Willunga asserted their dominance before quarter time considering they were 4 goals to 1 up at quarter time in those conditions and being a night game.
Success is in trying
DoublebluTiger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 50 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:02 pm

DoublebluTiger wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:Round 1 saw just the one upset with the Highly fancied Mudlarks going down to Strath at Mudlark Park. by 10 points.

I would have thought Willunga asserted their dominance before quarter time considering they were 4 goals to 1 up at quarter time in those conditions and being a night game.

Stuffed if i know ?? I wasn't there but from watching the live stream i'm pretty sure Victor lead Willunga at quarter time 4 - 4 to 1 - 1

From that point on Willunga outscored Victor 12 - 12 to 4 - 4
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:16 pm

Thats right Jim. It was all square at half time.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 2109 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:46 pm

Took the long trip to Myponga yesterday from TTG. Strath controlled the match. Always 2-3 goals in front. They didn't look like losing control of the game. :cry:
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 573 times
Been liked: 214 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Newkid » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:58 pm

[quote="jackpot jim"]Round 1 saw just the one upset with the Highly fancied Mudlarks going down to Strath at Mudlark Park. by 10 points.
After a very even 1st half the Creeks put their foot down in the 3rd term against the Bays by kicking some very clever goals on the way to a 6 goal win[/q

Jackpot Jim when are the creek removing the old scoreboard? Can’t see a thing when parked around near the cricket nets..
Newkid
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:39 am

Newkid wrote:
After a very even 1st half the Creeks put their foot down in the 3rd term against the Bays by kicking some very clever goals on the way to a 6 goal win[/q

Jackpot Jim when are the creek removing the old scoreboard? Can’t see a thing when parked around near the cricket nets..

I've asked the same question a few times myself over the past 12 months.
I'm thinking that it's just another job for some volunteers who already have the their hands full with other stuff as well it may have been left there as a back up just in case of any teething problems with the new one but it seems all good so i agree it's time to be removed. I'll follow up !
jackpot jim
Coach

Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:09 am

DoublebluTiger wrote:

??? Like JJ said, VH were on top early and lead 4-4 to 1-1 at quarter time.

It was all tied up at 5-6 each at half time. When the rain came in the 3rd it was all Willunga.
Good signs of improvement from Victor and hopefully they will continue to gel and improve through the year. I lost count of the number of free kicks VH gave away in front of goals throughout the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby mutton cove » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:34 pm

I see air fares have come down substantially since last season.
mutton cove
Rookie

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby field of dreams » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:43 am

mutton cove wrote:I see air fares have come down substantially since last season.
Meaning?

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby bluebagger » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:40 am

What is the Salary cap for the league and where does it sit with other leagues
bluebagger
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby field of dreams » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:38 am

bluebagger wrote:What is the Salary cap for the league and where does it sit with other leagues
I think it’s the same.

“Under the SANFL’s latest Community Football Rules and Regulations, local suburban clubs are not to exceed a total amount of $2500 in player payments each week, with regional competitions allowed around $500 more due to travel payments.

Clubs can also not exceed payment of $500 to a player per game, while coaches cannot be paid more than $20,000 a season.”

(The advertiser)

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby bluebagger » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:49 pm

field of dreams wrote:
bluebagger wrote:What is the Salary cap for the league and where does it sit with other leagues
I think it’s the same.

“Under the SANFL’s latest Community Football Rules and Regulations, local suburban clubs are not to exceed a total amount of $2500 in player payments each week, with regional competitions allowed around $500 more due to travel payments.

Clubs can also not exceed payment of $500 to a player per game, while coaches cannot be paid more than $20,000 a season.”

(The advertiser)

You sure.

That’s way below other states. By at least 100%
bluebagger
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Red Devil » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:46 pm

Always try to get down to a few GSFL games each year and made my way out down to Mclaren today and with the rumored 10 out of McLarens side today (informed while watching by a local) I did not expect that result with Mclaren getting the win and keep there run going!
Red Devil
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Cheap Seats » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:45 am

bluebagger wrote:
field of dreams wrote:
I think it’s the same.

(The advertiser)

You sure.

That’s way below other states. By at least 100%

FOD's post is accurate
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Been liked: 24 times

Postby Cheap Seats » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:52 am

mutton cove wrote:I see air fares have come down substantially since last season.

I dont think Ahmat Watkins is playing this year. I cant understand how Myponga have managed to escape sanction, especially given Jervois were for the EXACT thing. Major sponsorship has its perks??
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby Snap Kick Ninja » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:03 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:

I dont think Ahmat Watkins is playing this year. I cant understand how Myponga have managed to escape sanction, especially given Jervois were for the EXACT thing. Major sponsorship has its perks??

Think you’ll find they called the league prior to every game Ahmat Watkins played to make sure everything was above board. Not sure where the loophole was but its behind them now, so clear up your tears and move on.
Snap Kick Ninja
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby old fullback » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:40 pm

Strathalbyn defeat Langhorne Creek in the Anzac day clash
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Cheap Seats » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:42 pm

Can anyone from Langhorne Creek believe Riley Clamp was allowed to play tonight? Surely there will be an investigation lodged.
Rule 15.4 Clearly states- Any player granted a permit under Regulation 15.2 (Applications are to be lodged with the nominated representative from the SANFL) shall only represent one (1) club on any given weekend. He played for the Crows on Saturday?
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby Cheap Seats » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:49 pm

Snap Kick Ninja wrote:
Cheap Seats wrote:

Think you’ll find they called the league prior to every game Ahmat Watkins played to make sure everything was above board. Not sure where the loophole was but its behind them now, so clear up your tears and move on.

The loophole is obvious, just no one is willing to admit it. Pump enough Cash into the SANFL and they look the other way in spite of their own Black and white rules. Why have them if the don't administer them equally, fairly, and let all clubs know if there are exceptions made?
Cheap Seats
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy