Karoonda 2009

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Karoonda 2009

Postby Mr Cricket » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:13 pm

carey wrote:
Jay_Schulz wrote:Heard Jack Freestones heading to the pies for 450 a game, can anyone confirm this? will be a big loss to former club mypolonga if the rumours are true.

jack freestones ???????????

18 year old from the RMFL, played a few games down sturt last year, handy all over the ground can play the game.
Mr Cricket
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby sugardaddy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:18 am

jay shulz were do you get your facts from,why would karoonda pay an unproven lad 450 a game, when he is trying out for sturt,and his home club is mypo,is your reason because he works at smeltys shop or what
sugardaddy
Rookie

Postby Drew_Petrie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:01 pm

sugardaddy wrote:jay shulz were do you get your facts from,why would karoonda pay an unproven lad 450 a game, when he is trying out for sturt,and his home club is mypo,is your reason because he works at smeltys shop or what
e exact

I would like to no the same thing.... suere the kid is a star, but he is a mypo boy through and through... NO CHANCE of a transfer
Drew_Petrie

Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Mr Cricket » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Drew_Petrie wrote:
sugardaddy wrote:jay shulz were do you get your facts from,why would karoonda pay an unproven lad 450 a game, when he is trying out for sturt,and his home club is mypo,is your reason because he works at smeltys shop or what
e exact

I would like to no the same thing.... suere the kid is a star, but he is a mypo boy through and through... NO CHANCE of a transfer

yes sugardaddy he may be unproven but is probably worth the money and you would be the first to take that wouldnt you DP like i said it was only a rumour i heard and wasnt sure if it was a fact.
Mr Cricket
Mini-League

Postby Mr Cricket » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Just heard Jack Freestone has been offered to play on the ball in sturt 18's by coach chris brown or to play for karoonda for 250 a game not the 450 i had heard earlier, will be interesting to see what happens. this seems more likely than what i had heard earlier.
Mr Cricket
Mini-League

Postby bigbadkenny » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:12 pm

You are write js jack did train with us wednesday nite and the boy went very well should sign a contract in the next couple off days. I am looking forward to having a kick with this kid....
bigbadkenny
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Mannum

Postby Mr Cricket » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:25 pm

bigbadkenny wrote:You are write js jack did train with us wednesday nite and the boy went very well should sign a contract in the next couple off days. I am looking forward to having a kick with this kid....

If he does sign it will be an amazing pickup because this kid has a good grab and excellent footy smarts, will probably develop into one of the best young country footballers in the near future.
Mr Cricket
Mini-League

Postby grunteroo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Jay_Schulz wrote:
bigbadkenny wrote:You are write js jack did train with us wednesday nite and the boy went very well should sign a contract in the next couple off days. I am looking forward to having a kick with this kid....

If he does sign it will be an amazing pickup because this kid has a good grab and excellent footy smarts, will probably develop into one of the best young country footballers in the near future.

so the big express is up to his old tricks
grunteroo

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Goldberg » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:06 pm

grunteroo wrote:
Jay_Schulz wrote:

:roll: :roll: Seems he has a vendetta against Mypo. Took 4 or 5 from there last year aswell I think
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby Drew_Petrie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Goldberg wrote:
grunteroo wrote:
Jay_Schulz wrote:

:roll: :roll: Seems he has a vendetta against Mypo. Took 4 or 5 from there last year aswell I think

Very glad to see J.Freestone out at Karoonda, will be worth every cent and could win a premiership of his own boot, amazing skills and looks every part the footballer.. will dominate the Mallee league
Drew_Petrie

Postby Goldberg » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:11 pm

Are you a Karoonda boy Drew, why would you be glad to see a lad turn his back on his local club, if infact this rumour has any merit
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby Drew_Petrie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Goldberg wrote:Are you a Karoonda boy Drew, why would you be glad to see a lad turn his back on his local club, if infact this rumour has any merit

Not a karoonda boy at all... wouldnt even know half their players, just happy to see such a young superstar go places and further his football in country football
Drew_Petrie

Postby Goldberg » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Drew_Petrie wrote:
Goldberg wrote:Are you a Karoonda boy Drew, why would you be glad to see a lad turn his back on his local club, if infact this rumour has any merit

Not a karoonda boy at all... wouldnt even know half their players, just happy to see such a young superstar go places and further his football in country football

You do realise the RMFL is a stronger comp the the Mallee yes?
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby Drew_Petrie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Goldberg wrote:
Drew_Petrie wrote:

You do realise the RMFL is a stronger comp the the Mallee yes?

Yes i understand, but the boy will go out there at destroy the comp and then hopefully come back to play in a real team like Cally :) :)
Drew_Petrie

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:21 am

Drew_Petrie wrote:

Ya would think if to further his football and he was serious bout going somewhere he would stay at sturt. And if he is that much of a superstar he would be training with the seniors and playing two's not running round at eighteen as one of the overage players in the juniors
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby sugardaddy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:17 pm

i think its time to stop the crap about poor freestone lad,he is going to cop a fair bit of unnecessary pressure when he has never trained or or even spoken to the karoonda footy club,the big smelt can dish the shit and receive the shit but lets not bring a kid into this dribble,when his aim is to make sturt if this fails he will play at mypolonga period!
sugardaddy
Rookie

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:59 pm

sugardaddy wrote:i think its time to stop the crap about poor freestone lad,he is going to cop a fair bit of unnecessary pressure when he has never trained or or even spoken to the karoonda footy club,the big smelt can dish the **** and receive the **** but lets not bring a kid into this dribble,when his aim is to make sturt if this fails he will play at mypolonga period!

I was by no means hanging s*** on the kid. I dont even know who he is. And he may be a great talent. But just find it amusing at times when people pump players up and say they basically gonna win games single handedly before he has even committed to a club . Anyone would think they had outbid Geelong and Gold Coast for Abletts services
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Brock Landers » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:35 am

I see Merv Katinyeri has put in a clearance to the Pies.
Big pick up if it goes through. He'll be a hard man to stop on the big Mallee ovals (Peake's postage stamp excepted!).
Brock Landers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby been there done that » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Good luck to the muff man at Karoonda. Should play well in the dry conditions out in the mallee and good size ovals. Wish i was a young lad again because if the gossip on here is true, alot of money available for not having anything to back up money being offered to some of these young lads.
been there done that
Rookie

Postby Drama » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Can anyone give me any information that would suggest why this Freestone lad would be such a big pick up?? I've taken an interest in young talent in the RMFL and can't find any information or statistics to suggest that he really that big a deal?

Maybe a S Meneghetti (20 year old with Zone experience) or A Eckermann (a 20ish year old with SANFL Ressies experience) would be a huge signing from Mypo for Karoonda, but this Freestone lad has really escaped my radar? I can't see where he has featured in Mypos A grade best or Sturts underage best last year?

Anyone shed some light?
Drama
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Tailem Bend

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy