Mid West winner announced

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Mid West winner announced

Postby colliver69 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:39 pm

Scott Feltus won the Mid West Mail Medal

go to countryfooty.com.au/LatestNews.htm for more
Check out http://www.countryfooty.com.au - the home of SA Country Footy on the net
colliver69
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Mid West winner announced

Postby Brad Man » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:23 pm

Can someone help, I am interested in how this league compares to footy down town. Is it Div 3 or 4 or lower. They have six team in the league Central Eyre, Elliston, West Coast Hawks, Western Districts, Wirrulla & Wudinna United has anyone seen a game
Brad Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby GWW » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:53 pm

At a guess i'd say closer to div 5/6.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Brad Man » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:04 am

GWW wrote:At a guess i'd say closer to div 5/6.

cheers, that helps me alot
Brad Man
Rookie

Postby FlyingHigh » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:00 pm

Probably Div 3. Good comp for the size of the populations if each team have all players available. The 6 club come from probably 3500 people. Depth is a bit of a problem, so B's drop away a bit.

Think this is one league that might really be in trouble given the last two years conditions, plus the lure of $$'s in the mines, which have already taken away some good footballers from the area.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby ep_boy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:08 pm

Brad Man wrote:Can someone help, I am interested in how this league compares to footy down town. Is it Div 3 or 4 or lower. They have six team in the league Central Eyre, Elliston, West Coast Hawks, Western Districts, Wirrulla & Wudinna United has anyone seen a game

bradman, overall the standard would be about div 2/div 3. Although the top teams each year would match up with the second tier of div 1 clubs no worries i would think. over the last few years mid west has matched great flinders, port lincoln (city and districts), and whyalla in association footy. but like flying high said depth is a issue with the bottom clubs and the conditions on the land hasnt helped. have heard whispers of a few handy inclusions into the league next year though.
ep_boy

Postby dazed&confused » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:01 pm

not sure about mid west being up to div 3 level, let alone higher. the better players in each side would easily make div 1 sides, but like others said the depth is minimal. many teams have players in their mid teens and in their mid to late 30's, so this lends itself to a more open style of play than amateur league.
dazed&confused
Mini-League

Postby FlyingHigh » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:11 pm

dazed&confused wrote:many teams have players in their mid teens and in their mid to late 30's, so this lends itself to a more open style of play than amateur league.

That's right - it is these three or four last picked, whereas in the leagues closer to Adelaide, eg YP, AP, these three or four spots get filled with bought players, who naturally raise the standard with their talent and also because the good local players can play around them rather than important positions.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy