Barossa / Light League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Barossa / Light League

Postby John Doe » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:45 pm

Hafey wrote:
boozehound wrote:
Tigers93-94 wrote:so who will coach GC then?

No one seems to be talking about it much...Would like to know what some insiders at GC think....What are they looking for in the new coach..?

I am not a GC insider but i would suggest they would be looking for someone who can shake that monkey off there back and guide them past a prelim final.

David Harvey is latest name i have heard linked to the GC's coaching job.

Maybe the Gawler clubs should wind the clock back and lure former greats to coach eg Mullet Mcgrath at South , Wilbur Wilson at Central and Jamie Thomas at Willaston.... They were the days when the BL&G was a decent comp.

hafey, it seems the only answers you ever dish up relate to the old glory days, especially mick's cricket stats!, perhaps you should look around & try to find a new idea for a change
opinions are like armpits, everyone has them & everyone else's stink!
John Doe
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Hafey wrote:John Doe your stats suggest a 50% ratio of progressing into a Grand Final . Not to bad , alot of clubs would be more than happy with that ratio.

Remember this Hafey? Last time you were on here you thought GC had made 5 of the last 10 GFs! Now you say this:

Hafey wrote:
I am not a GC insider but i would suggest they would be looking for someone who can shake that monkey off there back and guide them past a prelim final.

I hope an executive of the BLGFA isn't writing posts based on his dimwitted comprehension of what is written on here. By the way Popeye, is Ivan Silvy still getting paid per goal while sitting at full back?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:59 pm

boozehound wrote:
Tigers93-94 wrote:I thought Paynet had the Eastern Park job

No decision made on EP job yet. Happening very soon. Hoepfully GC don't get bitten. take too long and guys win jobs elsehwhere. Other than that its good that they are taking their time to find the right guy for their club and list. I would say he will get the EP job if he wants it but the opportunity to help GC go the next step might be too tempting.

For fuc ks sake boozehound, stop spouting crap. As far as coaching is concerned EP is more attractive. As far as $$$$, then it's Barossa all the way. Don't hide the true reason Payne and his cronies are looking north.
Last edited by The Big Shrek on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Bag & Sledge » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:15 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
boozehound wrote:

No decision made on EP job yet. Happening very soon. Hoepfully GC don't get bitten. take too long and guys win jobs elsehwhere. Other than that its good that they are taking their time to find the right guy for their club and list. I would say he will get the EP job if he wants it but the opportunity to help GC go the next step might be too tempting.

For num num num num sake boozehound, stop spouting crap. As far as coaching is concerned EP is more attractive. As far as $$$$, then it's Barossa all the way. Don't hide the true reason Payne and his cronies are looking north.

Sounds like Boozehound is Payne! Or atleast a salesman for Payne!
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:19 pm

Who edited my post, I didn't write num num num?

Yes, Bag & Sledge it is his salesman, because boozehound stands to make more money out of GC than he could squeeze out of EP.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:22 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:Who edited my post, I didn't write num num num?

Its an auto- editor... especially designed for you :lol: (no really...it is!)
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:26 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:For fuc ks sake boozehound, stop spouting crap. .

That's a bit rich coming from the king of crap :roll:

and stop trying to out wit the auto editor :?
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Bag & Sledge » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:49 pm

boozehound wrote:

Boozehound or Paynes associate wouldnt be doing any favours to his chances writing crap on the forum, some of the players at Gawler Central would eat him for breakfast with the way he is sounding on here!!!!
Wouldnt of thought you would earn respect by selling yourself over a forum of all places... Know Lubke at Tanunda never did this sort of thing!
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby boozehound » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:00 pm

No not Payney I can gaurantee that. I voice my opinion good or bad and I honestly believe Payne is a top coach. played under him, worked with him and the results speak for themselves. think he will excel away from EP even more without the added pressure of coaching so many friends.

TBS you would have to be one of the biggest sh*t stirrers on here and very rapidly your posts mean less and less because they never have any substance, just rumour, innuendo, abuse and stirring.

I am more than happy to tell anyone on here who I am on a PM, no secret at all.

The fact is I believe in good people winning jobs rather than locals who may or may not be as good but get the job because their foot is in the door. play on.....
Harsh but fair.....
boozehound
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby boozehound » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Think The big shrek might be a little bitter as "Payne as his cronies" ended his season in the prelim final..... :roll:
Harsh but fair.....
boozehound
League Bench Warmer

Postby norm11 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:19 pm

boozehound wrote:No not Payney I can gaurantee that. I voice my opinion good or bad and I honestly believe Payne is a top coach. played under him, worked with him and the results speak for themselves. think he will excel away from EP even more without the added pressure of coaching so many friends.

TBS you would have to be one of the biggest sh*t stirrers on here and very rapidly your posts mean less and less because they never have any substance, just rumour, innuendo, abuse and stirring.

I am more than happy to tell anyone on here who I am on a PM, no secret at all.

The fact is I believe in good people winning jobs rather than locals who may or may not be as good but get the job because their foot is in the door. play on.....

Believe me he is the biggest shit stirrer
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:43 pm

boozehound wrote:Think The big shrek might be a little bitter as "Payne as his cronies" ended his season in the prelim final..... :roll:

Ha ha. My back ended my season in the first quarter.

Please give me an example of a shit stirring post.

I am being honest in saying the only reason Payne or any of his players would go to GC is for the money. Div 2 is a better standard than the BLG and EP have the challenge of consolidating in that div so Payne doesn't need to leave for a challenge.

If you can give me valid reason why I'm wrong I will accept it.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby boozehound » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:45 am

The Big Shrek wrote:
boozehound wrote:Think The big shrek might be a little bitter as "Payne as his cronies" ended his season in the prelim final..... :roll:

Please give me an example of a s***t stirring post.

I am being honest in saying the only reason Payne or any of his players would go to GC is for the money. Div 2 is a better standard than the BLG and EP have the challenge of consolidating in that div so Payne doesn't need to leave for a challenge.

If you need it spelt out to you on a forum then you are more of an idiot than I thought....come on shrek....
Harsh but fair.....
boozehound
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Big Shrek » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:48 am

Nice attempt at avoiding the question boozehound. Why else would someone leave EP to go to GC?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Hafey » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:20 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:

You are a disgrace to your football club and our great game !

Never in my day would anyones season be ended with a back problem , the bloody thing would of had to be broken to stop the men of yesteryear to come from the ground or play at 110%

Explains alot about your personality and your lack of courage Shrek. Give football away and signing into this site , you dont bring anything to the table in either.

Some real footabll news !

Craig Dawe was being congratulated last night at a certain hotel in Galwer i am led to believe , has he been given the nod for 2009 at GC's
What i dont know about football isnt worth knowing .
Hafey
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby old moz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:36 pm

Hafey wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:

Never in my day would anyones season be ended with a back problem , the bloody thing would of had to be broken to stop the men of yesteryear to come from the ground or play at 110%

Explains alot about your personality and your lack of courage Shrek. Give football away and signing into this site , you dont bring anything to the table in either.

Craig Dawe was being congratulated last night at a certain hotel in Galwer i am led to believe , has he been given the nod for 2009 at GC's

might give the points in this round to Hafey [ just ]. seconds away round ??
old moz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:54 am

Hafey wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:

Thanks Hafey, at least the quarter they got out of me was one more quarter of A grade finals than any team got out of you.

I didn't think not being able to walk without falling over was benificial to my team but hey, a selfish player like you might have stayed out there.

What do you know about back problems anyway Hafey? You haven't got a spine!

Your spinelessness is evidenced by the fact that you have stop bagging Steve O'Conner since he has found out who you are Popeye!

You will never be able to criticise any player because you never put your body on the line for your team mates like the rest of us on here. Here's a new signature for you "what Hafey doesn't know about football, starts at 2:00pm".
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby skipper » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:13 pm

Hear that Wallaroo have been recruiting hard at the Barossa Bulldogs. They are after 4 players, story is Sharpe, Chamberlain and one of the Stelzers have signed up. Apparently Renmark do not have the brass to make an attractive offer the Stelzers.

Kapunda may have also discarded the idea of a player coach with one old GC coach in the mix for the job (Milky).

Skip
skipper
Under 16s

Postby lovecricket » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:21 pm

hi guys. Does any one know if there is any 15s or17s coaching jobs still avalable?
lovecricket
Mini-League

Postby holden06 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:15 pm

lovecricket wrote:hi guys. Does any one know if there is any 15s or17s coaching jobs still avalable?

The best place to look is in the local papers. Most of the jobs are filled by now. Club look inside the club to fill these positions. You may be to late.
You say I dont have guts but I do. Just ask my belt
holden06
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy