Barossa / Light League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Barossa / Light League

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:52 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
boozehound wrote:Think The big shrek might be a little bitter as "Payne as his cronies" ended his season in the prelim final..... :roll:

Ha ha. My back ended my season in the first quarter.

Please give me an example of a s***t stirring post.

I am being honest in saying the only reason Payne or any of his players would go to GC is for the money. Div 2 is a better standard than the BLG and EP have the challenge of consolidating in that div so Payne doesn't need to leave for a challenge.

If you can give me valid reason why I'm wrong I will accept it.

Still haven't answered me boozehound. Why would you leave EP for GC?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby boozehound » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:06 pm

Mate pretty hard to answer for someone else however my reasons for leaving are the following;

I want a more family friendly club. EP has a fantastic playing group etc but some undiserables make life harder for family life. They club did some great work completely cleaning up the on field stuff this year but off field still a bit of an issue, and secondly,

They club doesn't have the facilities, nor the finances to be successful in Div 2. I sincerly hope I am wrong because I loved it out there with the boys but thats the way i see it. If the council got behind the only really successful northern club (with the exception of pokieville...i mean salisbury north) and helped out it wouldn't be so bad, but cant see that happening.

Does that cover it?
Harsh but fair.....
boozehound
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Liquid Confidence » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:16 pm

So your still a player boozehound??

I assume you are part of a package then if Payne gets the job at GC's?

What position/sort of player are you, and should us other clubs be worried??
Liquid Confidence
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby boozehound » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:17 pm

Yeah still a player...not a very good one tho :wink:
Harsh but fair.....
boozehound
League Bench Warmer

Postby boozehound » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Thought I better get that in before Shrek tears shreds off my football ability.
Harsh but fair.....
boozehound
League Bench Warmer

Postby Pag » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:58 pm

boozehound wrote:Thought I better get that in before Shrek tears shreds off my football ability.
I can fill in for him if need be... :wink:
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:35 pm

boozehound wrote:Mate pretty hard to answer for someone else however my reasons for leaving are the following;

I want a more family friendly club. EP has a fantastic playing group etc but some undiserables make life harder for family life. They club did some great work completely cleaning up the on field stuff this year but off field still a bit of an issue, and secondly,

They club doesn't have the facilities, nor the finances to be successful in Div 2. I sincerly hope I am wrong because I loved it out there with the boys but thats the way i see it. If the council got behind the only really successful northern club (with the exception of pokieville...i mean salisbury north) and helped out it wouldn't be so bad, but cant see that happening.

Does that cover it?

That's actually a good honest answer. Fair enough.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:36 pm

boozehound wrote:Thought I better get that in before Shrek tears shreds off my football ability.

No need for that now we're not playing against each other.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:09 am

Can anybody tell me any information on Adrian Mills (eg where he played last year, position, type of bloke) who has recently (residentially) moved to Freeling. Apparently he made a strong handshake agreement to play out at Freeling recently but has since burnt them badly saying he is chasing money out at United in the Adelaide Plains.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Pag » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:21 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Can anybody tell me any information on Adrian Mills (eg where he played last year, position, type of bloke) who has recently (residentially) moved to Freeling. Apparently he made a strong handshake agreement to play out at Freeling recently but has since burnt them badly saying he is chasing money out at United in the Adelaide Plains.
Played at Gumeracha last year, Willaston before that and some time at Central, won a 19s B&F there I think. Never met the guy but am mates with his cousin. Goes alright apparently.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby roodog » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:27 am

Anyone shed any light on a little issue out at Freeling?
So far, the story goes (allegedlly) like this: A recruit is brought in, with the intention to play him as local by settling him in the town (no probs with that). He gets put up at a local hotel, and I was told he was working there (?)
In the last week or so, he pinches a vehicle belonging to the publican, along with a fair amount of cash and takes off interstate!
No names, no pack drill, but any further details out there?
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby ryles-kennels » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:16 pm

lovecricket wrote:hi guys. Does any one know if there is any 15s or17s coaching jobs still avalable?

Not 100% certain but im not sure if Tanunda have filled the u15s coaching job as yet!!
ryles-kennels

Postby roodog » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Every club will be organised for those grades by now mate. Your coaching career will have to be put on hold for another year!
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby BL&G_Ump » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:29 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:Does anyone know if Mike Teakle & Keith Jameison will keep their job on the Triple B FM radio show on saturday mornings?

My thought is we need some new blood like Sven Lindner or Paul Ryan to get involved, at least they can put two words together in a sentence, unlike Teakle.

mate, is it really vital to bag the local footy media? this is just plain bad! at least our league has decent coverage over a reasonably wide region and you continue to bag everyone! its disgraceful
what about you taking up a local media post?
BL&G_Ump
Rookie

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:33 pm

BL&G_Ump wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:Does anyone know if Mike Teakle & Keith Jameison will keep their job on the Triple B FM radio show on saturday mornings?

My thought is we need some new blood like Sven Lindner or Paul Ryan to get involved, at least they can put two words together in a sentence, unlike Teakle.

mate, is it really vital to bag the local footy media? this is just plain bad! at least our league has decent coverage over a reasonably wide region and you continue to bag everyone! its disgraceful
what about you taking up a local media post?

I dont think he's bagging them ump. There's no argueing there is great coverage, but I also agree we could certainly improve. Kym jarman was good value for the Adelaide Plains league. Maybe it is just a voluntry thing.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby BL&G_Ump » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
I dont think he's bagging them ump. There's no argueing there is great coverage, but I also agree we could certainly improve. Kym jarman was good value for the Adelaide Plains league. Maybe it is just a voluntry thing.

I agree, but its still terrible for b/s to bag everyone, good or not...
BL&G_Ump
Rookie

Postby thunderchild » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:29 pm

south G doing some extra training this morning?
thunderchild
Mini-League

South Vs Willaston

Postby Lime'n'Soda » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:31 pm

South Gawler Beat Willaston 7+goals Willaston never look a chance and south should have won by a lot more
Lime'n'Soda
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: South Vs Willaston

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:46 am

Lime'n'Soda wrote:South Gawler Beat Willaston 7+goals Willaston never look a chance and south should have won by a lot more

what fricken planet are u from boy, were u even at the game, the donnys gave south a flogging!!!!
maybe if u had enough inteeligence to jump on the right forum u may earn some respect
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: South Vs Willaston

Postby Dizzee Rascal » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:28 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Lime'n'Soda wrote:South Gawler Beat Willaston 7+goals Willaston never look a chance and south should have won by a lot more

what fricken planet are u from boy, were u even at the game, the donnys gave south a flogging!!!!
maybe if u had enough inteeligence to jump on the right forum u may earn some respect

And of course intelligence isn't spelt with a double 'e'.
Dizzee Rascal
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy