NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby whufc » Thu May 09, 2024 7:58 am

Round 3......picture starting to take shape.

A Grade

Min Man vs North Clare- both sides with finals ambitions and both coming off loses. At the start of the year i would have said North Clare but Min Man are proving to be pretty reasonable still despite a few player loses. Game of the round.....going to go Min Man just. Whoever wins this will probably be favorite to sit in that third position.

South Clare vs RSMU- South Clare would have been hugely disappointed losing to Burra whilst RSMU easily knocked off Blyth as expected. Should be another really good close game. Its only round 3 but you feel for either of these teams to have a crack at playing finals they are going to have to win this one. Riverton in a close game.

Blyth vs Southern Saints- hard to see anything but a comfortable win to Southern Saints. Maybe being on the bigger Snowtown Oval will see the younger cats gain a minor advantage. Saints by 10 goals.

BSR vs BBH- Burra surprised most people last week with the win over South Clare. Can they back it up two weeks in a row. Everyone will have BSR as clear favorites for this one.

B Grade

Min Man vs North Clare- if North Clare get a couple back it will be the roosters by 10 goals. Min Man are a side though who can get older experienced players back pretty quickly

South Clare vs RSMU- another game that will be interesting to see where both teams are at. IMO South Clare the favorites this year and they come up against an improved RSMU. Cant go past the demons, the margin will be of interest. Expecting 7-9 goals.

Blyth vs Saints- B Grade match of the round. Both teams will be looking to play finals and potentially top two. Both teams are experienced b grades with scatterings of young blokes. Hard to pick a winner in this one, gut feel says that the Saints were pretty good in round 1 and may win by a couple of goals here.

BSR vs BBH- This should be an interesting encounter. BBH haven't started the season overly well but are another one of these teams that can bring back experienced quality b graders pretty quickly when things aren't going well. Most would have BSR with the win but you wouldn't ever rule out BBH.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5609 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun May 12, 2024 8:04 pm

2 horse race in the A grade
Saints just need to spend all games working on a system to beat BSR

B grade maybe add south, BSR and Saints for a three horse race
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 13, 2024 10:16 am

Arry Gablett wrote:2 horse race in the A grade

3 games in and the first bye upon us and yeah you dont seem to far off the mark.

A Grade
Definitely looking like BSR and Saints will be the stronger two teams in the comp. I wouldn't rule out North however, they played pretty well against the Saints last year and have a strong mature side that can match the Saints physicality. Anyone of BSR, Saints and even North on their day could make the GF and from there who knows.

Looks like RSMU and Min Man will fight out the fourth spot. Min Man having played two of the three teams mentioned above and then have BSR next week.

South improved slightly but still see 4-5 names in their b grade that would comfortably be in their best 12 footballers at the club.

Burra bang average and Blyth kids struggling will fight out the bottom two spots.

B Grade

Agree the flag looks all but certain to come one of the three sides you mentioned. Saints have taken over as flag favorites imo, but rumors around Jack Mosey is off to England for cricket. Jack is far too good for b grade footy and will leave a gap when he takes off. South Clare will get the opportunity to stack like buggery and no doubt will take that chance as the year goes on. I would be putting my money on a Saints vs South Clare final.

Blyth have a dangerous side with some real quality in there but they are aging. Don't think we will see Blyth stack either with Rian Nelson at the helm. They would round out the 4 and be a dangerous opponent for anyone in the finals.

North Clare and Riverton have improved and should round out 5-6. Min Man struggling with a bunch of young lads. BBH is the wild card, if they decide to write off their A Grade season they could improve pretty quickly in the b grade. According to a few of their lads though the coach/club has made the call that the best 21 every week has to play A Grade, no more 'b grade' only players. This seems to have cost them some talented 21–23-year-old previous b graders who arent willing to play A's and are no longer at the club.
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 13, 2024 6:16 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:2 horse race in the A grade

Will Billy Wells play A Grade or is he too old now?
If he stays in the B Grade it will Saints then daylight
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon May 13, 2024 10:23 pm

No Cricket for Jack Mosey just off to drink beers and slay european ladies, but may stop in darwin and have a hit on the way home at PCC

I would pick Billy Wells, still one of the best ruckman of his generation to play country footy, and gives more flexibility in general, but I dont have a say they sacked me 3 years ago
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Tue May 14, 2024 7:12 am

Arry Gablett wrote:No Cricket for Jack Mosey just off to drink beers and slay european ladies, but may stop in darwin and have a hit on the way home at PCC

I would pick Billy Wells, still one of the best ruckman of his generation to play country footy, and gives more flexibility in general, but I dont have a say they sacked me 3 years ago

Sounds even better, good luck to the lad :D
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 14, 2024 6:25 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:No Cricket for Jack Mosey just off to drink beers and slay european ladies, but may stop in darwin and have a hit on the way home at PCC

Im also hearing there might be 3 brothers turning out for the Saints soon, if so, absolute certainties to win the flag. There'll be more Tanunda players at Eudunda than at Tanunda
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed May 15, 2024 7:33 am

daysofourlives wrote:

Im also hearing there might be 3 brothers turning out for the Saints soon, if so, absolute certainties to win the flag. There'll be more Tanunda players at Eudunda than at Tanunda

If Eudunda added 3 quality b graders to the current group of players then yep they might as well as get the t's printed.

What will be interesting especially in the b grade comp is that for the first in many many years we are back to a 16 game season which includes 7 games in a row before finals starts. Previously we would have 4 games in a row at absolute most and you could see in b grade teams how many injuries/outs a side would have by the fourth game before the bye.

The last few weeks of the b grade season could be wild.
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 15, 2024 5:49 pm

whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

If Eudunda added 3 quality b graders to the current group of players then yep they might as well as get the t's printed.

What will be interesting especially in the b grade comp is that for the first in many many years we are back to a 16 game season which includes 7 games in a row before finals starts. Previously we would have 4 games in a row at absolute most and you could see in b grade teams how many injuries/outs a side would have by the fourth game before the bye.

Sorry i didnt mean B Graders, these will be 3 1st choice A Graders. A and B Grade flag in the bag if it happens
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed May 15, 2024 7:10 pm

Time will tell.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed May 15, 2024 9:49 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

did their dad play there?
any play AFL?
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 15, 2024 10:56 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

any play AFL?

Youre onto it
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

any play AFL?

Youre onto it
Geez, the Westhoff boys would be a good get for them
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3555 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Thu May 16, 2024 6:45 am

Would be great for the comp and make for a great end to the season

It appears the 3 teams most expect to finish 1,2,3 all have a few high calibre footballers to come into the side before the deadline.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon May 20, 2024 7:38 am

[u]Southern Saints vs South Clare
[/u]
After a promising start South Clare have been a bit disappointing, sitting 1-2. On the other hand the Saints had a slow start to the year but after a couple of big wins have put the league on notice. Cant see anything but a ten goal win for the Saints. if the rumors are true the Westhoff boys are fronting up then make that a 15 goal win.

The B Grade is probably the game of the round. The two favorites do battle. I haven't seen both sides this year but what i saw of Saints was impressive, nevermind a few more ins since then. I think this the game the Saints take clear favoritism of the b grade comp. I'm expecting a 3-4 goal win. Anything above 6 goals makes them the $1.01 favs.

North Clare vs Blyth/Snowtown
Two teams at the opposite ends of the momentum scale. North on the up, sitting 2-1 with a big chance to entrench themselves in the top four. On the other hand the winless Blyth coming off a 150 point loss. North should win this one comfortably, and to be honest if they are the real deal they need to win by 6 goals plus.

The b grade will be a real close battle. North have started the year well 2-1 and Blyth 1-2. This game will come down to selections, Blyth have a very solid older side versus the young North Clare. If they line up how we have seen at the start of the year I would expect the older heads of Blyth to get up by 6 goals.

BBH vs RSMU
RSMU currently 2-1 sitting in third have a bit of a banana peel game vs BBH in Burra. RSMU have started the season well, beating the teams we thought they would but a loss to Min Man has hurt them. BBH have surprised with one win already, no surprise coming at home. Their home form is generally strong and that may make this a close game. With that said I expect RSMU to get up by 3 goals.

The b grade will be a real tight affair. RSMU b grade have been on the improve but will come up against a solid BBH. Despite no wins the BBH B grade is fairly competitive and attack the contest hard. On their own deck may be tough to knock off. For me BBH by a goal, with 6 goals winning the day.

BSR vs Min Man
BSR have started the season exceptionally well, they come up against a Min Man side that no one really knows where they sit. At 1-2 Min Man knocked off rivals RSMU comfortably only to go and lose to top 4 rivals this year in North Clare. This will probably showcase where the young Min Man side is at and tell a bit of a story. Would expect BSR to win by 5-6 goals.

Min Man have struggled in the b grade but have enough experienced heads around the club that they could improve dramatically from week to week. BSR currently undefeated without playing amazing football. Would expect a BSR win but who knows what Min Man side will show up.
whufc
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy