NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby roodog » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Oops! What changed during the last quarter?
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:29 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Saw an interesting game today RSMU getting over Sth Clare by 2 pts.
They were never in the hunt until the last quarter, SC led 12-7 to 5-7 at 3/4 time. A scoreless last quarter left a bit of egg on the face of the SC coach who was talking about a percentage booster and imploring his guys to bury them at 3/4 time

I would think any coach would have said the same. Sounds like the south clare boys may have cooked themselves building a big lead.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Rama_Army09 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Saw an interesting game today RSMU getting over Sth Clare by 2 pts.
They were never in the hunt until the last quarter, SC led 12-7 to 5-7 at 3/4 time. A scoreless last quarter left a bit of egg on the face of the SC coach who was talking about a percentage booster and imploring his guys to bury them at 3/4 time

I would think any coach would have said the same. Sounds like the south clare boys may have cooked themselves building a big lead.

bury them - yes!
percentage booster - start of the year and only 5 goals up - maybe not the best choice of words
To Finish First, You First Need To Finish!!
Rama_Army09
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby OnSong » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:41 pm

Rama_Army09 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

bury them - yes!
percentage booster - start of the year and only 5 goals up - maybe not the best choice of words

7 goals up
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Rama_Army09 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

bury them - yes!

Sorry, I'm not seeing any difference between "bury them" and "percentage booster". Bottom line is that the South Clare coach would have wanted his team to increase their 7 goal lead in the last quarter. Obviously it didn't happen, so credit to RSMU.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Rama_Army09 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

bury them - yes!

Sorry, I'm not seeing any difference between "bury them" and "percentage booster". Bottom line is that the South Clare coach would have wanted his team to increase their 7 goal lead in the last quarter. Obviously it didn't happen, so credit to RSMU.

Yeah, the message is always guard against complacency and don't rest on your laurels. Obviously didn't sink in but have no issue with coach imploring for the percentage booster.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Most coaches go down the path of the score board goes back to zero and we start again dont they?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rama_Army09 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:01 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Most coaches go down the path of the score board goes back to zero and we start again dont they?

agree - percentage booster and bury a team are very different messages if you ask me, thats just me
Rama_Army09
Under 16s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:05 pm

[quote="daysofourlives"]Most coaches go down the path of the score board goes back to zero and we start again
That would have made all the difference. I'll pass the advice onto the south clare coach when I see him next.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Most coaches go down the path of the score board goes back to zero and we start again
That would have made all the difference. I'll pass the advice onto the south clare coach when I see him next.

Who is the Sth Clare coach? Whats his background?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rama_Army09 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:44 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Most coaches go down the path of the score board goes back to zero and we start again

maybe just tell him not to get ahead of himself and the wins possabily a little more important than percentage atm
Rama_Army09
Under 16s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:45 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Who is the Sth Clare coach? Whats his background?

Mark Young....played most of his footy at Edwardstown, but moved to Clare a few years back. This is his 3rd year as A Grade coach at South Clare. Apart from his obvious failings at addressing his troops at 3/4 time when they are 7 goals up, he has done a pretty good job. Finals last year and suspect they will be around the mark again this year. Must be doing something right to get 7 goals up in the first place.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby happyhawk » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:35 pm

south deserved to win on the weekend. played far better footy than we did for 3 qtrs. In the last qtr we could do no wrong goals were kicked from everywhere and a couple of suspect umpiring decisions went our way also. We certainly enjoyed the win after loosing 8-10 players from last years side and replacing them with mostly kids it was a very good result for us. The young lads got some space in the last qtr and ran it out well. momentum is a big thing in footy as we found out. South will be around the mark and should easily finish in the top 4. unfortunately I think minman will be head and shoulders above the rest
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed May 07, 2014 8:48 pm

South coach must have got his message right Sunday, his charges just kept running over the top of north
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun May 11, 2014 9:47 am

What's going on the saints, I saw north Sunday they weren't great, what's that make the saints, wooden spoon favourites
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby lutz » Wed May 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Urbancic on big $$$$ at Sth Clare, why? I rate josh young as better
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby DARK KNIGHT » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:12 am

any one from South Clare got any info on Michael Cloke that has got a last minute clearance into Waikerie, famous surname, what position does he play ?
DARK KNIGHT
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times

Postby norm11 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Any truth that seelander has moved on??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:04 pm

Vater a chance for the medal even missing the start of the year?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:53 pm

Southern saints up and about, look out, changing of the guard
Arry Gablett
Under 16s