NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby norfoftheborder » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:25 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Clare Oval is out of commission for the entire 2022 season. North & South will play 6 of their 7 home games at Blyth Oval with the 7th at Snowtown and Brinkworth respectively.

Blyth-Snowtown will play home games against North & South at Blyth with the remaining 5 home games at Snowtown.

North Clare loves the Brinky oval Should be a good game before finals footy in round 14!
norfoftheborder

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby norfoftheborder » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:33 pm

whufc wrote:Round 2 this week.

RSMU vs North Clare
A Grade- Expect RSMU to get the job done, top 3 side for mine no doubt.
B Grade- RSMU struggle with depth and North had a good win over Blyth.....would be surprised if North didn't win this one.

Southern Saints vs Burra
A-Grade- The Saints were better than I expected against Min Man whilst Burra were easily defeated by a decent side. Would expect the Saints to win this one.
B-Grade- Should be a cracker between 2 teams fighting for a top 2 spot. I expect Burra to win this one considering they exist to win B Grade flags. :lol:

South Clare vs Min Man
A Grade- South Clare were pretty decent last week however I expect Min Man to be a top 3 side this year and they should get the win in a close one.
B Grade- Min Man have a lot of good young depth and should get the job done over a struggling South Clare.

Blyth vs BSR
A Grade- Hard to get a read on Blyth so far who had a close win in Round 1. BSR weren't at their absolute best but I would be disappointed if we couldn't get the win.
B Grade- BSR comfortably knocked off one of the bottom sides last week whilst Blyth lost to North Clare. Would expect BSR to get the win but these early b grade games can be tricky to judge.

RSMU V North :
A Grade: North - I'll be Homer and go with my Roosters but Riverton very hard to beat especially at home don't think North has done so in over a decade.
B Grade: North - Have heard Riverton depth an issue and the Bs will struggle so will go North.

Saints v Burra :
A Grade: Burra - Tom Drew to dominate the game and Burra to sneak across the line by a goal or two.
B Grade: Burra - Tank

South v MM
A Grade: MM - Min Man Just too good I think will be a tough day for south.
B Grade: MM - Min Man too much depth South just don't have the cattle.

BSR v Blyth
A Grade: BSR - Pratt injured for Blyth is a huge out wouldn't be surprised if BSR ran over them by 100
B Grade: Blyth - Best B grade game of the round - could go either way but i think Blyth will get over the line.
norfoftheborder

Postby Arry Gablett » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:28 pm

whufc wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:Round 2 this week.

RSMU vs North Clare
A Grade- RSMU agreed will be amongst it this yr
B Grade- North

Southern Saints vs Burra
A-Grade- Saints - but may be close an insider told me Saints have lost one to injury and at least 3 are working away this week
B-Grade- Burra should win- Saints not expecting to be fighting for a flag, many have not returned after last year and will do well to get a team up that doesn't call on the 40 plus blokes as fill ins

South Clare vs Min Man
A Grade- Min Man - had run when it counted last week
B Grade- South Clare, cause I love a couple of their battlers who front up every week

Blyth vs BSR
A Grade- BSR are the flag favorites by a street, particularly if you keep getting two home town umpires every week :D
B Grade- BSR if Darren Longbottom and Craig Weckert play

Wont be no Darren Longbottom, he broke his foot less than a couple of months ago playing social basketball :lol:

Has been taking our country training sessions this year though which has been great..

Longy will be dirty on that
he was dirty last year when he was msiing out
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby norfoftheborder » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:42 pm

North Clare have four big outs from the A Grade for the game on Saturday.
Jaeschke
O'Brien
Stevens
Turner
norfoftheborder

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:21 pm

norfoftheborder wrote:North Clare have four big outs from the A Grade for the game on Saturday.
Jaeschke
O'Brien
Stevens
Turner

Pretty decent effort then to get within a few goals of RSMU with those outs. I would have picked a bigger margin.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Mon May 02, 2022 1:06 pm

Round 2
RSMU got up in a close one against North Clare
Burra caused a mini upset beating the Saints by a couple of points
Min Man comfortable winners of South Clare as expected....definitely one of the sides to beat this year.
BSR got a 10 goal win over Blyth.

Round 3 has some cracking fixtures coming up.

BSR vs RSMU- two sides you would expect to playing at the business end of the year. Both 2-0 and would love the win heading into the first bye.
North Clare vs Saints- should be a cracker with North searching for their first win. Rumour has they have a few to come back so I might tip them in a close one.
Min Man vs Blyth- didn't see much of the Blyth a grade last week but would think Min Man pretty comfortably.
BBH vs South Clare- another game that should be pretty close. Burra must of been ok to beat the Saints last week so think they should get the job done against an improved South Clare.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon May 02, 2022 4:20 pm

whufc wrote:Round 2
Min Man comfortable winners of South Clare as expected....definitely one of the sides to beat this year.

BSR vs RSMU- two sides you would expect to playing at the business end of the year. Both 2-0 and would love the win heading into the first bye.
North Clare vs Saints- should be a cracker with North searching for their first win. Rumour has they have a few to come back so I might tip them in a close one.
Min Man vs Blyth- didn't see much of the Blyth a grade last week but would think Min Man pretty comfortably.
BBH vs South Clare- another game that should be pretty close. Burra must of been ok to beat the Saints last week so think they should get the job done against an improved South Clare.

BSR vs RSMU- I'm thinking BSR by 30+points
North Clare vs Saints- Saints had 7 out from the MM game , a mixture of work, injured and COVID, I will go saints by 15 points
Min Man vs Blyth- I agree Min Man pretty comfortably.
BBH vs South Clare- Burra were ok Saturday and they will beat south
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby norfoftheborder » Tue May 03, 2022 3:17 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:
whufc wrote:Round 2

BSR vs RSMU- I'm thinking BSR by 30+points
North Clare vs Saints- Saints had 7 out from the MM game , a mixture of work, injured and COVID, I will go saints by 15 points
Min Man vs Blyth- I agree Min Man pretty comfortably.
BBH vs South Clare- Burra were ok Saturday and they will beat south

BSR v Riverton - BSR by 30+ I think
North v Saints - Could go either way id say a goal or two in it.
Min Man v Blyth - Have seen Blyth play would be surprised if they even came close Min Man by 30+
BBH v South - BBH to win this one.
norfoftheborder

Postby norfoftheborder » Tue May 03, 2022 4:19 pm

Blyth Snowtown - Playing a lot of young guys and the older brigade of Ottens and Darling seem on the outs?

Darling played B Grade this week just gone and Ottens apparently has no interest playing A Grade. Both would still be in the better players on this team and would likely be good enough to play A Grade at all other clubs in the league. What gives?
norfoftheborder

Postby Hazbeen » Tue May 03, 2022 6:58 pm

norfoftheborder wrote:Blyth Snowtown - Playing a lot of young guys and the older brigade of Ottens and Darling seem on the outs?

Darling played B Grade this week just gone and Ottens apparently has no interest playing A Grade. Both would still be in the better players on this team and would likely be good enough to play A Grade at all other clubs in the league. What gives?

Both retired from A Grade, are 35+, Darling only played due to Shay Clifford's 300th.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby whufc » Tue May 03, 2022 7:01 pm

norfoftheborder wrote:Blyth Snowtown - Playing a lot of young guys and the older brigade of Ottens and Darling seem on the outs?

Not sure....in fairness to Darling he was pretty stationary in the b grade albeit he was still in their best comfortably.

Was really impressed with the way he went about it on the weekend. I was on him at most stoppages and whilst he played hard and fair there was no bullshit niggly crap you don't need in the b grade. He encouraged the young lads all day and never got frustrated when easy kicks missed him etc.

I've seen a lot of gun older players drop down to b grade sport and carry on like wankers...….that was definitely not Darling on the weekend. Got a lot of respect for him. He will definitely help the young lads in the side and im sure they loved playing a game with him. Was exciting for an old boy b grade pleb like myself to have a run against a bloke of his quality.

Corey Achee is another 'b grader' who is quality on and off the field despite reaching much greater heights than presently. We are pretty lucky to have them blokes helping their clubs out even if they could still be playing a grade.
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Wed May 04, 2022 12:36 pm

whufc wrote:

Not sure....in fairness to Darling he was pretty stationary in the b grade albeit he was still in their best comfortably.

Was really impressed with the way he went about it on the weekend. I was on him at most stoppages and whilst he played hard and fair there was no bullshit niggly crap you don't need in the b grade. He encouraged the young lads all day and never got frustrated when easy kicks missed him etc.

I've seen a lot of gun older players drop down to b grade sport and carry on like wankers...….that was definitely not Darling on the weekend. Got a lot of respect for him. He will definitely help the young lads in the side and im sure they loved playing a game with him. Was exciting for an old boy b grade pleb like myself to have a run against a bloke of his quality.

Corey Achee is another 'b grader' who is quality on and off the field despite reaching much greater heights than presently. We are pretty lucky to have them blokes helping their clubs out even if they could still be playing a grade.

I wasn't sure at all as neither he or Ottens played Round One but just heard from some Blyth people they were only playing in the B's.
Probably good to let some of the younger guys come through and although they probably don't have the numbers the U17's at Blyth look pretty talented and I think 3-4 have already played in A Grade this year.

One of their young guys played in three games against north, named as emergency in A's, Played his 17s game played the first half of B grade and was told someone pulled out of the A Grade and then had to play a full game of A Grade. Good way to get your games up I guess.
norfoftheborder

Postby whufc » Wed May 04, 2022 1:13 pm

Gareth didn't play against us on the weekend but if he does play b grade it would make them a tough team to beat.
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Wed May 04, 2022 2:07 pm

whufc wrote:Gareth didn't play against us on the weekend but if he does play b grade it would make them a tough team to beat.

And I think Scott Atkinson would go back to the B's as well - Tough to beat with those three.
norfoftheborder

Postby norfoftheborder » Wed May 04, 2022 2:13 pm

Any In's and outs yet?

North with the four out last week all to come back in, Josh Pearse likely to come up from B's after 10 Goals, Mcginnis to come back, Barton First Game for North not sure on grade yet.
norfoftheborder

Postby Arry Gablett » Sat May 07, 2022 9:56 pm

North vs Saints today was a good game
North had good run early pressed up and this hindered Saints all day , they didn’t have enough wanting to run hard at goal when they needed too
Having said that the Saints did even the scores in the third after north got away early
North though ran harder at the end and deserved the win

Min man smashed Blyth Snowtown
BSR by a couple and Burra et al another win

Season still up for grabs although next week everyone has the week off to get on the gas at the gourmet
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Mon May 09, 2022 7:24 am

My body is going to really enjoy this bye after the first 3 games. :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Mon May 09, 2022 10:45 am

whufc wrote:My body is going to really enjoy this bye after the first 3 games. :lol: :lol:

You're telling me :lol:
norfoftheborder

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon May 09, 2022 10:50 am

norfoftheborder wrote:
whufc wrote:My body is going to really enjoy this bye after the first 3 games. :lol: :lol:

You're telling me :lol:

I agree, the sequencing of the byes means the older body can get some sort of recovery throughout the season
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby Muleble11 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:59 am

Made the trip out to Redhill on the weekend, solid contest in the A grade, but was pleasantly surprised with how RSMU’s B grade competed. Might be a few interesting games in the coming weeks if they can keep up that effort.
Muleble11
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: RSMU

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy