NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby Toto » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:27 am

Jaensch to Riverton from Nairne who were a very impressive side knocking Hahndorf off twice in the finals to win the HFL D1 flag. Got a cannon of a left foot and I think he will enjoy the bigger drier decks out your way. Handy get for Riverton.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:21 am

Toto wrote:Jaensch to Riverton from Nairne who were a very impressive side knocking Hahndorf off twice in the finals to win the HFL D1 flag. Got a cannon of a left foot and I think he will enjoy the bigger drier decks out your way. Handy get for Riverton.

Riverton is a massive deck as well so they will love that.

Hearing Mitch Clisby to North Clare as well.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Purple Warrior » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:26 pm

whufc wrote:
Toto wrote:Jaensch to Riverton from Nairne who were a very impressive side knocking Hahndorf off twice in the finals to win the HFL D1 flag. Got a cannon of a left foot and I think he will enjoy the bigger drier decks out your way. Handy get for Riverton.

Riverton is a massive deck as well so they will love that.

Hearing Mitch Clisby to North Clare as well.

Mitch clisby coaches North Adelaide under 18s so would be a limited capacity.
Purple Warrior

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:41 pm

Virginia Football Club is seeking a trial match on Saturday the 13th of April 2024 @ Virginia. For more details PM me or contact our Football Manager on 0402 699 811
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby norfoftheborder » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:57 pm

Any truth to Isaac Moller to Orroroo and Alex Morgan to west Adelaide? If so big losses for bsr
norfoftheborder

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:42 am

norfoftheborder wrote:Any truth to Isaac Moller to Orroroo and Alex Morgan to west Adelaide? If so big losses for bsr

Yeah some truth there, Alex may be back however.

We do get back Lachy Wilson however, who imo was the best midfielder in the comp in 2022.

With another 3 points available there is also another recruit in.

Given most of our playing group was aged between 22-26 i think there will also be some further natural improvement. We would be pretty disappointed if we are not in the top 3 discussion albeit this year will be a lot closer you would think.

Eudunda looking like they will be real good.
Hard to know with Riverton with some big ins but also some big outs, not a lot of depth either
Min Man always play their cards close to their chest so hard to know where they will sit but expect they will be solid enough
North Clare would expect them to improve this year and should be right in that finals discussion
Blyth & South are starting from a looooooong way back but have recruited well and wouldnt expect them to be the easy beats they were in 2023
Burra...no stuff all except for that they have lost a couple of good players.

The gap between top and bottom will close significantly this year imo.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 pm

whufc wrote:
norfoftheborder wrote:Any truth to Isaac Moller to Orroroo and Alex Morgan to west Adelaide? If so big losses for bsr

Yeah some truth there, Alex may be back however.

We do get back Lachy Wilson however, who imo was the best midfielder in the comp in 2022.

With another 3 points available there is also another recruit in.

Given most of our playing group was aged between 22-26 i think there will also be some further natural improvement. We would be pretty disappointed if we are not in the top 3 discussion albeit this year will be a lot closer you would think.

Eudunda looking like they will be real good.
Hard to know with Riverton with some big ins but also some big outs, not a lot of depth either
Min Man always play their cards close to their chest so hard to know where they will sit but expect they will be solid enough
North Clare would expect them to improve this year and should be right in that finals discussion
Blyth & South are starting from a looooooong way back but have recruited well and wouldnt expect them to be the easy beats they were in 2023
Burra...no stuff all except for that they have lost a couple of good players.

The gap between top and bottom will close significantly this year imo.

BSR will win it again

Saints like always will sign a few but only the same 12 fully commit
The others are real keen to win a flag but don5 do the work required, never train or do extras but the first to whinge when it gets hard

Cultural poor from the start and have never recovered
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:42 am

Im 'fortunate' not sure if you would call it that but my work place often means i catch a bit of teams training. It's always interesting to see how the different teams train.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:33 pm

Riley Knight to South Clare is growing momentum.
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:53 pm

whufc wrote:Riley Knight to South Clare is growing momentum.

No chance. Named Woodville West Torrens Vice Captain a week ago.

And Clisby to North Clare I’m not sure that’s true haven’t heard anything from the North players about this. Just that Kuiam Gibuma is back after being injured rd 1 last year, probably the best midfielder at north in 2022 be like having a new player.
norfoftheborder

Postby norfoftheborder » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:54 pm

Been told Tom Drew has moved to BMW as well. Massive loss for BBH if true.
norfoftheborder

Postby norfoftheborder » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:59 pm

Have heard Riverton have lost: Krause, Xavier Redden, Harry Slee, the big full forward they had last year Gator.
norfoftheborder

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:30 am

norfoftheborder wrote:Been told Tom Drew has moved to BMW as well. Massive loss for BBH if true.

True....

Training with BSR when BMW train at Melrose & Wilmington. Looking sharp and no doubt will go very well in the NAFA.
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:51 pm

Fixture has just been released: who do you think benefits from the 16 games and who do you think might have a tough draw?

I think depending on South Clare’s improvement, North looks to have gotten a good draw. But you never know with the derby and south has picked up a few handy players.

I think BSR might have the toughest although again depends what RSMU is like, I’d say Southern Saints the toughest draw if Riverton have a fall off from last season.

Link to fixture: https://www.playhq.com/afl/org/north-ea ... 957e837/R1
norfoftheborder

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:57 pm

norfoftheborder wrote:Fixture has just been released: who do you think benefits from the 16 games and who do you think might have a tough draw?

I think depending on South Clare’s improvement, North looks to have gotten a good draw. But you never know with the derby and south has picked up a few handy players.

I think BSR might have the toughest although again depends what RSMU is like, I’d say Southern Saints the toughest draw if Riverton have a fall off from last season.

Yeah BSR the toughest with Saints/Rsmu but in fairness we probably deserve the toughest draw.

North easiest for sure and might just be enough to see them play finals. Blyth have the same two as north as well.
whufc
Coach

Postby Hazbeen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:04 pm

whufc wrote:
norfoftheborder wrote:Fixture has just been released: who do you think benefits from the 16 games and who do you think might have a tough draw?

Yeah BSR the toughest with Saints/Rsmu but in fairness we probably deserve the toughest draw.

North easiest for sure and might just be enough to see them play finals. Blyth have the same two as north as well.

The additional 2 rounds this year with the return to 16 rounds have been seeded so that the top 4 from last year play each other and the bottom 4 play each other, no cross overs of finals and non-finals teams from 2023.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:16 pm

Hazbeen wrote:
whufc wrote:

The additional 2 rounds this year with the return to 16 rounds have been seeded so that the top 4 from last year play each other and the bottom 4 play each other, no cross overs of finals and non-finals teams from 2023.

Yeah its the fairest way to do it.....no complaints. I think at most clubs the b grade teams were happy with 14 games but A graders wanted the 16.
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:53 pm

whufc wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Yeah its the fairest way to do it.....no complaints. I think at most clubs the b grade teams were happy with 14 games but A graders wanted the 16.

Happy with the 16 games I can’t play every week because of work so will get more in this year but obviously not everyone’s preferred amount of games. Loving the Thursday night on Anzac Day! First night game at Clare oval North South might have been bigger but I’ll take the night game anyway.
norfoftheborder

Postby beef » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:59 pm

South will finish bottom and not win a game
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby norfoftheborder » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:43 pm

beef wrote:

South will finish bottom and not win a game

Huge call I think they win 4-6
norfoftheborder

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy