NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby whufc » Mon May 09, 2022 2:34 pm

Muleble11 wrote:Made the trip out to Redhill on the weekend, solid contest in the A grade, but was pleasantly surprised with how RSMU’s B grade competed. Might be a few interesting games in the coming weeks if they can keep up that effort.

Yeah agree RSMU b grade was very competitive.....to be honest it was the most physical game ive played in this year.....(all above board just great attack on the ball)

RSMU had a clear game plan in the b grade to try and take on that risky in board kick...….whilst it didn't always come off it was good to see the young lads having a crack at it and sticking to a plan, there going to learn the game much better that way. A couple of the young lads used there speed well playing on at every occasion. They will no doubt improve as the year goes on. Great bunch of blokes.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Mon May 09, 2022 2:34 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:
norfoftheborder wrote:
whufc wrote:My body is going to really enjoy this bye after the first 3 games. :lol: :lol:

You're telling me :lol:

I agree, the sequencing of the byes means the older body can get some sort of recovery throughout the season

Yeah as a 37 year old I love the scheduling in the NEFL....I know some of our younger more committed players would probably love more games and less byes but for an old boy like me its the only thing that keeps me going is the scheduling.
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Tue May 10, 2022 12:01 pm

whufc wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:
norfoftheborder wrote:
whufc wrote:My body is going to really enjoy this bye after the first 3 games. :lol: :lol:

You're telling me :lol:

I agree, the sequencing of the byes means the older body can get some sort of recovery throughout the season

Yeah as a 37 year old I love the scheduling in the NEFL....I know some of our younger more committed players would probably love more games and less byes but for an old boy like me its the only thing that keeps me going is the scheduling.

Only 27 and I'm still needing the bye :lol: Would love more games but getting more injured every year! Will enjoy the week off and gourmet.
norfoftheborder

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 10, 2022 12:36 pm

Yeah its a delicate balance. I had a four game injury last season and that was over a quarter of the year gone from one injury so it never really felt like my season got going.

Definitely going to enjoy gourmet this weekend, will be first drinks in over 3 months between cricket and footy.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue May 10, 2022 5:30 pm

What's worse?

the soreness on a Sunday after a game?
or the red wine hangover the Sunday after gourmet?
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby whufc » Wed May 11, 2022 11:26 am

Arry Gablett wrote:What's worse?

Red wine hangover by an absolute mile :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Wed May 11, 2022 12:15 pm

whufc wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:What's worse?

Red wine hangover by an absolute mile :lol: :lol:

Agreed :lol: :lol: :lol:
norfoftheborder

Postby whufc » Thu May 12, 2022 8:55 am

After the bye we have some tasty fixtures and might see teams as close to full strength as they will get all year, with covid rules being pretty lenient now, cases dropping and a bye to refreshen up all those niggling injuries.

Min Man vs RSMU
One of the two derby games. I fancy Min Man who I think are equal favs for the flag with BSR. RSMU look a very small bit of the pace of the top 2 at the moment. Will be a cracker. In the B's it will be an easy win to Min Man

South Clare vs North Clare
North should win comfortably but history says that isnt a given. If North genuinely going to play finals they have to win this one. Most years I hear North talking themselves up as the sleeping giants with the 'big name' recruits and they haven't prevailed. This year its been pretty quiet and professional from the roosters and I actually think they might turn a few heads and are finals bound. In the b's should be North by ten goals.

Blyth vs Burra
Another game that should be real close. Both teams are most likely aiming for the fourth finals spot. Blyth have to win or you would think it will be curtains for them. Burra have been solid enough so far and have to win this if they are genuine. I kind of fancy Blyth in the upset albeit they haven't been overly impressive so far. In the B's it should be Burra by ten goals.

Saints vs BSR
Last year these teams had a fierce rivalry. Obviously Saints have lost a few since then but I would expect this to be a tight physical encounter especially at Eudunda. I cant go past BSR who might not be firing on all cylinders are but are still very clinical....will be a good watch. In the B grade its the great unknown. BSR are 3-0 but have most likely played what will be the bottom 3. On the complete opposite hand Saints are 0-3 but have played 3 sides that will all probably be playing finals. Toss of the coin in the b grade. * note there is genuine bias on my views in games involving BSR :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Thu May 12, 2022 10:37 am

whufc wrote:After the bye we have some tasty fixtures and might see teams as close to full strength as they will get all year, with covid rules being pretty lenient now, cases dropping and a bye to refreshen up all those niggling injuries.

Min Man vs RSMU
One of the two derby games. I fancy Min Man who I think are equal favs for the flag with BSR. RSMU look a very small bit of the pace of the top 2 at the moment. Will be a cracker. In the B's it will be an easy win to Min Man

South Clare vs North Clare
North should win comfortably but history says that isnt a given. If North genuinely going to play finals they have to win this one. Most years I hear North talking themselves up as the sleeping giants with the 'big name' recruits and they haven't prevailed. This year its been pretty quiet and professional from the roosters and I actually think they might turn a few heads and are finals bound. In the b's should be North by ten goals.

Blyth vs Burra
Another game that should be real close. Both teams are most likely aiming for the fourth finals spot. Blyth have to win or you would think it will be curtains for them. Burra have been solid enough so far and have to win this if they are genuine. I kind of fancy Blyth in the upset albeit they haven't been overly impressive so far. In the B's it should be Burra by ten goals.

Saints vs BSR
Last year these teams had a fierce rivalry. Obviously Saints have lost a few since then but I would expect this to be a tight physical encounter especially at Eudunda. I cant go past BSR who might not be firing on all cylinders are but are still very clinical....will be a good watch. In the B grade its the great unknown. BSR are 3-0 but have most likely played what will be the bottom 3. On the complete opposite hand Saints are 0-3 but have played 3 sides that will all probably be playing finals. Toss of the coin in the b grade. * note there is genuine bias on my views in games involving BSR :lol: :lol:

I do have a slight bias towards North as well :lol:

Min Man V RSMU
A - Min Man to win by a goal or two games between these two teams seem to be pretty hard fought wins every year regardless of ladder position and both seem to be close to the top again this year so should be a cracker.
B- Min Man I think the top 4 play the bottom four in the B Grade and I would be surprised if there were any upsets, RSMU Looks to be getting better every week and they will challenge a few teams I just don't think it is this week.

North V South
A - North in a close one - Hopefully a few players back from injury, I was very wrong last week with who i said came back as only one of the four actually played :lol: North do often have trouble with Matty Allen so will see how it goes this week. That being said North by 3 Goals.
B - North, After a one point loss to Blyth in round One which was a horrible choke job, North B Grade looks up and about after the last two rounds confident after beating two bottom of the ladder sides will be tested in the last three rounds of the season playing the top sides.

Blyth v Burra
A - Burra too strong and looking good this season a close loss and some strong wins they may challenge for the finals this year, being played in Snowtown may give the Cats some go hopefully Pratt will be back and they can cause the upset but I think Burra by 4-5 Goals.
B- Burra again too strong in the Bs depending on who blyth has on the day.

BSR v Saints
A - BSR - I think this will be a close game Saints may have some handy players back in and they gave BSR some trouble last season, BSR to get over the line by 3-5 Goals.
B - BSR and I think it'll be about 6 goals, Saints are pretty short on numbers this year and the game was 16 a side on the weekend between them and North, A lot of young guys coming up from colts to help out and older blokes who might have come back from retirement to get a team on the park, still a competitive side just lacking depth.

Massive Gourmet Weekend coming up hope everyone enjoys. :D
norfoftheborder

Postby whufc » Sun May 15, 2022 10:46 am

Feel like shit after first time drinking in 4 months…….gourmet got the better of me

Time for a gym sesh and sweat out the wine.

Need footy back…gourmet no good ;) :D
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun May 15, 2022 7:03 pm

Min Man V RSMU
A - I'm gonna go RSMU BY 10 points
B- Min Man

North V South
A - i Think North, they moved the ball well against saints and will be too slick for south
B - North, wardy has it on a string

Blyth v Burra
A - Burra too strong and with Terry Bevan back on board the bus they will need a win to push their finals chances
B- Burra its why they exist

BSR v Saints
A - BSR - Saints just need better connection forward and a few lads need to work harder into space in their forward 50, if they don't BSR will score on the rebound. Hartlett in ? for one of his 3 games for the season
B - BSR as its anyone's guess who will be available they're running out of 30 yr. old fill ins and have started hitting up the 40 yr. olds

whufc wrote:Feel like shit after first time drinking in 4 months…….gourmet got the better of me

i feel the same and i only went to the pub
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Tue May 17, 2022 7:39 am

Arry Gablett wrote:Min Man V RSMU
A - I'm gonna go RSMU BY 10 points
B- Min Man

North V South
A - i Think North, they moved the ball well against saints and will be too slick for south
B - North, wardy has it on a string

Blyth v Burra
A - Burra too strong and with Terry Bevan back on board the bus they will need a win to push their finals chances
B- Burra its why they exist

BSR v Saints
A - BSR - Saints just need better connection forward and a few lads need to work harder into space in their forward 50, if they don't BSR will score on the rebound. Hartlett in ? for one of his 3 games for the season
B - BSR as its anyone's guess who will be available they're running out of 30 yr. old fill ins and have started hitting up the 40 yr. olds

whufc wrote:Feel like shit after first time drinking in 4 months…….gourmet got the better of me

i feel the same and i only went to the pub

Haha not sure we have tapped the over 40's just yet......definitely some late 30's :lol: :lol:

We've probably had more under 18's than over 30's so far this year.
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Fri May 20, 2022 11:45 am

Big weekend very keen to get back into it.

Hopefully not to many covid effected teams after gourmet.
norfoftheborder

Postby whufc » Sat May 21, 2022 6:40 pm

Good ultra competitive fair hit out in both grades between BSR and Eudunda.

BSR got up in both games but close contests

I’m going to be sore for the next few weeks lol
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun May 22, 2022 6:58 pm

whufc wrote:Good ultra competitive fair hit out in both grades between BSR and Eudunda.

Agreed was a good day of footy
Saints looked the goods early, but gave away too many easy goals through poor decisions or skill execution through the middle of the ground
BSR were cleaner with this
Saints have struggled to connect with their forwards all year and thar continued, if they don't fix this then they wont progress

Hopefully they get a win next week
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Sun May 22, 2022 7:19 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:
whufc wrote:Good ultra competitive fair hit out in both grades between BSR and Eudunda.

Agreed was a good day of footy
Saints looked the goods early, but gave away too many easy goals through poor decisions or skill execution through the middle of the ground
BSR were cleaner with this
Saints have struggled to connect with their forwards all year and thar continued, if they don't fix this then they wont progress

Hopefully they get a win next week

B grade was a fun game to play in. Pretty much a game between Mongrel and AcHee playing chb for their sides
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun May 22, 2022 8:20 pm

Although i didnt count It looked like b grade had less on the field

it certainly was easier to watch as it was more open
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Sun May 22, 2022 9:16 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:Although i didnt count It looked like b grade had less on the field

Yeah 16 a side.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon May 23, 2022 7:30 am

North Clare seemed to have a few missing on the weekend...….gourmet related Covid????

Disappointing loss for them, would have been a game clear in the four with a win. Big game this week against the other improvers Burra.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon May 23, 2022 10:21 am

whufc wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:Although i didnt count It looked like b grade had less on the field

Yeah 16 a side.

Could be the future of country football in all grades
would ease the burden on clubs
and
may eliminate the -1 point and save two kids sitting on the bench just so the imports can play
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy