NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby Rupert07 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:02 pm

Tex I saw this game, wasn't bad they played 6 qtrs, B grade then A grade, A grade was good game North won by about 7 goals over the 3 qtrs but pretty well dominated missed a lot of chances in front of goal.

Ellis was good kicked 5 goal 5 should have easily had about 8.
North's new blokes were good as well, Hollitt, Ribbons (From Nuri), Nichollas and from what a north bloke told me they were missing 4 key players so good signs.

Tex How is South Gawler lining up this week??? Who is captain now that Andrew Bevis has stood down?
Rupert07
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:07 pm

Rupert07 wrote:Tex I saw this game, wasn't bad they played 6 qtrs, B grade then A grade, A grade was good game North won by about 7 goals over the 3 qtrs but pretty well dominated missed a lot of chances in front of goal.

Ellis was good kicked 5 goal 5 should have easily had about 8.
North's new blokes were good as well, Hollitt, Ribbons (From Nuri), Nichollas and from what a north bloke told me they were missing 4 key players so good signs.

Tex How is South Gawler lining up this week??? Who is captain now that Andrew Bevis has stood down?

Rupert the lions will be looking alright this week against Barossa, should have a full side in bar Lutze who is still about 5 weeks away. The captain was announced on the weekend and my sources tell me Ron Lee got the job...good luck to the yound lad
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Postby Edgar05 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:41 pm

What do people think the results will be this week...

North Clarevs BBH
Blyth/Snowtown vs BSR
Min Manvs South Clare
RSMUvs Eudunda
Tim Clarke was the #1 player in the AFL
Edgar05
Rookie

Postby Rupert07 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:10 pm

These are my tips, all 4 of these sides to strong for their respective opponents on Sat.

North Clare
Blyth/Snowtown
Min Man
RSMU

Tex, Ronnie Lee will do a good job with the lads I am sure.
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby Rupert07 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:58 pm

Saw the burra VS North game on the weekend and was suprised as to the strength of Burra all over the ground. I think they will shock a few teams in the mid north this year provided that they aren't hit with injuries as I fear they may lack in depth after their first 22 or 23.

Anyone see any other games on the weekend?

Riverton and Blyth as predicted before the start of the season will be very strong.

What was with Min Man may have had their day and are on the downward slope?????? Or where there some missing players?
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby wal65 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:56 pm

Dont know about how good RSMU is but from what I saw on Saturday, the other clubs will be struggling to beat Blyth/Snowtown. Don't like bragging too much, but they were extremely impressive. Only chance of beating us will be when we have a few players missing because of work commitments up north.

BSR were woeful. Reminded me of watching Spalding when they had a team. Probably favorites for the wooden spoon on that performance.
wal65
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby Rupert07 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Wal, I feel that saying that other clubs are going to struggle to beat Blyth is slightly premature when they have played one game and beaten a team that finished 2nd to bottom last year. How many of the other line ups from side's from the north eastern have you seen this year to qualify this comment?
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Rupert07 do you think your beloved North Clare Roosters will give Blyth/snowtown a run for their money this year? It seems RSMU have assembled quite an outfit this year also...
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Postby Edgar05 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:27 pm

wal65 wrote:Dont know about how good RSMU is but from what I saw on Saturday, the other clubs will be struggling to beat Blyth/Snowtown. Don't like bragging too much, but they were extremely impressive. Only chance of beating us will be when we have a few players missing because of work commitments up north.

BSR were woeful. Reminded me of watching Spalding when they had a team. Probably favorites for the wooden spoon on that performance.

I agree with you Wal, that BSR will be early favourites for the wooden spoon, followed closely by Eudunda.

It is interesting that you say thata BSR were woeful... how does this give you an accurate indication that Blyth were extremely impressive?

I agree with Rupert... just a tad premature to be claiming the cats as almost unbeatable....
Edgar05
Rookie

Postby jumbo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Has Clayton Crabbe lined up with Riverton this season? If so, how did he play on Saturday - don't see his name in the paper.
jumbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby wal65 » Thu May 01, 2008 12:18 am

Wal, I feel that saying that other clubs are going to struggle to beat Blyth is slightly premature when they have played one game and beaten a team that finished 2nd to bottom last year. How many of the other line ups from side's from the north eastern have you seen this year to qualify this comment?

I suppose if we had beaten North it would have been better :wink: :wink: . They seem to be the one's talking up their chances a fair bit. But then they finished bottom last year so I can't get much from that either. You can only play who you play on the day

Don't need to see the other teams to make an opinion. RSMU will be good. South could be better than what I thought and Min/Man may have slipped a bit. The others have a fair bit of ground to make up to challenge the top 4. We've had supporters go to the other clubs trial games so we have a good idea what's going on.

Best bit about last week was the way we played without Darling and Gillings doing much. Will only get better when those two fire. It will be an interesting game this week against Min/Man
wal65
Rookie

Postby Rupert07 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:57 am

Think you will find that it isn't North talking their chances up it is other people around the leauge. North will suprise a few thats not saying that they will beat Blyth by much but they will probably give every team a pretty hard shake.

Also R Darling in the goal kickers???? Thought he didn't play?
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Thu May 01, 2008 10:46 am

I have heard good things about North Clare this year - a handful of quality recruits makes a big difference to side. Dont be surprised to see the Roosters deep in September ths year...

Can anyone provide a list of this weekends fixture?
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Postby wal65 » Fri May 02, 2008 8:26 pm

Games this week:

North vs RSMU. Big test for North. RSMU have a few too many big guns an should win

Min/Man vs Blyth/Snowtown. Don't think Min/Man are as bad as they played last week. Blyth/Snowtown has a couple of important outs. Not expecting Darling to have 2 quiet games in a row. Blyth/Snowtown should win but not as easy as last week.

BSR vs BBH. BBH should be looking forward to this game but it is also a game they could easily drop. BSR can only improve after last weeks performance.

Eudunda vs South. I'd expect South to win but Eudunda on their own "dung hill" can be tough if they get a sniff of victory
wal65
Rookie

Postby Rupert07 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:07 am

wal what happened to your boys on the weekend?? I did hear Min Man had a few come back in, Miles, Mcdermid. Did David Mitchell Play just out of curiousity?

North looked pretty impressive against RSMU on the weekend playing a totally different game this year compared to the last 10 years probably. Very hard fast running team, much like Blyth of the last 2 years.

The other 2 games where pretty well givens I would have thought. BSR looking like having a bit of a long year again./
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby Edgar05 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:21 am

Gee whiz Wal... From now on it may pay to not put the mockers on your beloved cats!!

Did you see the Blyth game on the weekend? What happened? How did Brad Currie go?

Interesting to see the other results... Eudunda and BSR battling it out for the wooden spoon... the two clare team remain undefeated... it would be a while since that has happened??
Edgar05
Rookie

Postby wal65 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:48 pm

Wasn't at the game due to work and I went to the crows on Saturday night. Nick Humphrys and Jarrod Gillings being unavailable made a big differnce to us. Brad Currie played and by reports has been in a good paddock since retiring from Centrals.

Wouldn't worry about a 15pt loss in round 2 with our best forward and defender out. We did the same last year when we lost to Eudunda twice. On a positive side, it was good to see Matthew Noble finally get through a full game for the first time in 3 seasons after a couple of shoulder recons.

Credit where credit is due, looks like North are the real deal. Usually takes a win against good opposition to prove that. Hopefully it can get a bit of more interest back in the local derby. Always thought the NEFL was better when North and South were beating each other up in the past. They left the other clubs alone.
wal65
Rookie

Postby Rupert07 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:49 am

Yep great to hear Nobes got through the game top bloke and could do with a break after having to watch Blyth/snowtown win two flags on the sidelines.

Wal 2 handy inclusions missing by the sounds then, shame that humpy isn't around all year.

Yeah I think North would have shocked a few but they obviously still have a long road of improvement to go. They really should have won by 8 or 9 but just poor kicking and they let RSMU claw back at the end.
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby wal65 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:41 pm

Games this week:

BSR vs South: South are going about their business very quietly this year and should win easily.

Blyth/Snowtown vs BBH: Blyth/Snowtown have their gun players back this week and BBH never play well on the vast expanses of Snowtown oval.

RSMU vs Min/Man: One a surprise winner the other a surprise loser. Should be a great game. RSMU just.

North vs Eudunda: North should win but strange things can happen
wal65
Rookie

Postby Rupert07 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:17 am

Wal what happened over at Snowtown?????? BBH aren't to bad are they, maybe the cats under estimated them.

Eudunda are going to battle a fair bit this year I think and think they will most probably take the wooden spoon.

BSR I think are going to get better as the season goes on with out being to exceptional, word is South had a few out with injury and don't have a lot of depth so will really begin to show cracks if injuries start piling up.
Rupert07
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy