NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby Edgar05 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:59 pm

So Wal - what happened? The blyth snowtown cat got your tongue?? I don't think you can use injuries as an excuse this week...

Some very interesting clashes this weekend

North Clare Vs Min Man - North Clare in a tight one at Mintaro
South Clare Vs Blyth - The cats to get their season back on track
RSMU vs BBH - Riverton just
BSR vs Eudunda - BSR to get their first win on the board...
Tim Clarke was the #1 player in the AFL
Edgar05
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby wal65 » Fri May 30, 2008 10:05 pm

Back after a few weeks in WA so I don't have much info on what's been going on. Obviously disappointed with the result of the BBH game. All reports were we played crap and deserved to be beaten. Given the rams form since it probably isn't such a big surprise. Last couple of weeks have been better but still work to be done.

This weeks games:

North V South: First time in a number of years that North will go into the derby as favorite. South have come right back to earth in the last couple of weeks and North will be itching to get revenge for previous results against South.

Blyth/Snowtown V RSMU: Probably the closest game of the round. Both teams match up very evenly. Blyth/Snowtown in a close one

BBH V Eudunda: Eudunda will fancy themselves to win this one but BBH have been the surprise packets of the league and I'd expect them to come out on top.

BSR V Min/Man: BSR have been good the last couple of games and were stiff not to beat North last week. Min/Man seem to have the answers and should win well.
wal65
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby Ricky Ricardo » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:19 pm

have min-man played blyth/snowtown yet if so what was the result? Do min-man have much up forward this year?
Ricky Ricardo
Mini-League

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:29 pm

I see North Clare copped a pasting on the weekend... Were they just early season pretenders?
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Postby Rupert07 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:04 pm

You'd know about that Texas,have hardly seen you post anything since your win in round 2. But I guess you guys are up there with a finals chance again now with 3 majors wins on the board.

Had a good number out on weekend although am not making excuses as Blyth Snowtown are a very good side. Also might pay to look where north have come from wooden spoon in 07 to now end of round one and have 5 W 2 L. Most clubs would be pretty happy with that at the end of round 1.

Thanks for your concern though Tex!!!
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Rupert07 wrote:You'd know about that Texas,have hardly seen you post anything since your win in round 2. But I guess you guys are up there with a finals chance again now with 3 majors wins on the board.

Had a good number out on weekend although am not making excuses as Blyth Snowtown are a very good side. Also might pay to look where north have come from wooden spoon in 07 to now end of round one and have 5 W 2 L. Most clubs would be pretty happy with that at the end of round 1.

Thanks for your concern though Tex!!!

Yes i did hear that Rupert, and it is very positive to see where the roosters have come from last year... I only asked as it was all so positive early on then you were smashed by Blyth and snuck home against BSR (if i remember) a couple fo weeks ago...
Indeed Rupert the lions are still a silly chance at seeing some september action
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Postby Ricky Ricardo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:25 pm

North are going alot better i see. How has Shaun Ribbons been going for them since coming back?
Ricky Ricardo
Mini-League

Postby Rupert07 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:06 pm

Ribbo has been doing really well, he is a gun!!! Has bit of a driver strain at the moment and he was out on the weekend, but after the pasting against blyth I'm sure the boys will be welcoming him back with open arms.
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby Hazbeen » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:52 am

What is happening in the NEFL? Will it be a Blyth vs MinMan GF this year?
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Rupert07 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:36 am

Does anyone know of any of the movements from this league at this stage.

What I have heard
Minman - Miles and R Mcdermott to have a crack in town
South - big tip is Matt Vandy to coach and losing Josh Berrett to possibly somewhere down south.
Riverton - Williams has been approached by heaps of clubs due to being 6ft 7 full forward.
Burra, blyth and BSR - No Rumours
Eudunda - May lose a few this year due to so many years of no success.
North - Have heard have a few very quality players in the pipeline to bolster them even further this year, but don't have any official names.
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby emerson » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:28 pm

Any chance Eudunda are ever going to be successful..... or even competative..... How much are they offering for A graders from the city....
Has anyone seen Sammy G, the KING of Teringie.
emerson
Under 16s

Postby SkyHigh » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:04 pm

Spicer comtemplating coming back to BBH.. Also club interested in getting other locals back to club like Jake Norris.. Also Peter Mann has a mate coming down i think this yr..
Go The Eagles
SkyHigh
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby wal65 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:12 am

Blyth/Snowtown - Currently looking for a coach because Bugs Thomson is doing other things. Former Broughton/Mundoora premiership coach Brett Ireland is now available. He played for us about ten years ago so could be on the shortlist. Jarrod Gillings going overseas next year.

BSR - Reappointed Butch Smith as coach

BBH - Peter Mann and Andrew Purchase have committed to the club next year.

South Clare - Matt Vandy is coach. Scott Lewis is rumored to have signed with them but I don't think Glenelg will give him up easily.

RSMU - Jamie Williams won't be back
Last edited by wal65 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wal65
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby Rupert07 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:46 am

Brad James from Barossa will be playing at North Clare in 2009. Very handy pick up as North really need that extra height.

Also heard that JJ Nicholas will be remaining a rooster in 2009 also after the rumour mill had him heading back to Orroroo.

Any other moves that anyone knows about.

Handy for burra to retain mann and purchase.
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby Edgar05 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Rupert07 wrote:Brad James from Barossa will be playing at North Clare in 2009. Very handy pick up as North really need that extra height.

Also heard that JJ Nicholas will be remaining a rooster in 2009 also after the rumour mill had him heading back to Orroroo.

Any other moves that anyone knows about.

Handy for burra to retain mann and purchase.

That is a good pick up for North Clare indeed...

I have heard Adam Turrell is the new coach of Eudunda...surely this isn't a step forward for them... the guy is only 23 and I don't think he would set the NEFL on fire??

Matt Vandy as coach?? Is that a good move?
Tim Clarke was the #1 player in the AFL
Edgar05
Rookie

Postby Rupert07 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:58 pm

I haven't heard anything of Adam Turrell but you would think that Eudunda would need someone with a bit more experience. Hopefully Turrell is able to drag a few new footballers there as they will battle if he can't.

Matt Vandy......who knows I think the only thing he will battle with is gaining the respect from the players who he has grown up with and there are a few huge egos to keep in check there.
Rupert07
Mini-League

Postby Stirlo » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:54 pm

Jamie Williams been offered 500+ from barossa districts, will he still suit up from the hawks this year.
Stirlo

Postby Don Brook » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:15 pm

Tell me Stirlo,

Why would Barossa chase a Donnie junior, when they would know we aren't going to clear him to another BLG side, Maybe before you make up stories, think it over.

I see Barossa have signed Josh Barrett from North Clare, can someone tell me more about him, any good.
Don Brook
Rookie

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:35 am

It seems as of the NEFL will have an influx of BLG players if all reports are correct!!!
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Postby Don Brook » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:21 pm

What has been confirmed Texas

Wall and Spicer to BBH.
James to North Clare
Bevis to Min Man.
Williams stays at RSMU

any others, i have missed

Ellis is he going to stay at North Clare or return to South.
Don Brook
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy