NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:09 am

Another interesting week.

A Grade
Biggest result of the week was the Saints knocking of Burra by 5 points. Saints are now only a game and percentage out of the four, personally I think they will overtake Burra and make the finals.

South Clare look cooked, despite a good start its all fallen in a whole and they couldn't possibly make the finals. Min Man still hanging on to try and take top spot.

North Clare got closer to RSMU than I thought they might of. RSMU are interesting one, don't seem to be firing but are doing enough to beat the teams below them. Their 3 games ahead of the fifth placed side so all but guaranteed finals. North are two games out the four, hard to see them making it but they could do some damage on the run in.

BSR keep ticking over and are guaranteed finals now as a worse case scenario. Blyth are improving but what I saw on the weekend couldn't possibly see them making finals.

B Grade
All results went as expected. Probably the only surprise was how close BSR got Blyth. Will hopefully be a couple of finals meetings between these two sides.
Min Man are the dark horse for mine...they seemed to have got a few back now.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:52 am

Pretty standard week just gone….most tipsters would have got 8/8 in the A and B Grade.

Highlight most likely being Schell vs Ah Chee in the b grade turning back the clock.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:28 pm

If I done my calculations correctly and games go according to current form
Saints will need to beat RSMU in the last game to leapfrog BBH
Will also need to beat south and BS by a bit to boost the percentage
Having said that last time they played BSR at Redhill they won some I gonna go an upset
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:55 am

Arry Gablett wrote:If I done my calculations correctly and games go according to current form
Saints will need to beat RSMU in the last game to leapfrog BBH
Will also need to beat south and BS by a bit to boost the percentage
Having said that last time they played BSR at Redhill they won some I gonna go an upset

Its been a bit of an odd year in that there hasn't been many if any upsets in either grade.....it would have been a tipster dream. Even all the previews would be about bang on BSR, Min Man were expected to be top 2. Riverton not far away. Saints to not be as good as last year. South and Blyth to struggle.

You would have to think at some point a few upsets will happen.

I wonder if the lack of upsets is somewhat due to the fixturing, having regular byes meaning players can generally be managed better and it feels like at our club a lot less injuries or players playing sore etc.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:34 am

A few good games in the A Grade this week.

Min Man vs RSMU should be decent albeit you would expect Min Man to get over the line. The Clare derby is always a bit unpredictable with North going in as favourites. BBH must win against an improving Blyth if they have any hope of playing finals. BSR vs the Saints could be closer than expect with the Saint looking much better than the first half of the year.

In the B grade the game of the week would be Blyth vs BBH, you would expect Blyth to get up if they have the guns playing but a lot like BSR you would expect BBH to give them a run for their money. Min Man and North Clare will smash their opponents. On paper you would expect BSR to knock of Saints but funnier things have happened.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:45 am

No major surprises in either of the grades. Talking points would be Min Man very disposing of RSMU. Saints got close to BSR albeit I was not impressed with how the Saints played the game......lets just leave it at that. BBH did what they should and the Clare derby was close as expected.

In the B grade BBH got close to Blyth leading at 3/4 time but were over run. Blyth on a couple of occasions now have stepped up in the last when required. Min Man and North won easily as expected. An injury plagued BSR only just got over the Saints in what was a competitive but real enjoyable game to play. The Saints blokes in the b grade go about it in a great way.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:57 am

Some good games coming up this round.

Min Man vs BSR
Top of the table clash in the A Grade....Min Man probably start favs given how much they have been winning by lately. Winner will probably take the minor premiership albeit both have secured a top 2 finish. The b grade should also be a really close clash. Min Man need the win to give themselves a chance of playing finals. BSR have secured a finals spot but will want a top 2 finish. Go Tigs.

Blyth vs Saints
In the A grade the Saints just have to win if they want to keep finals hopes alive......they will win. In the b grade it will Blyth by how much over an improved Saints side.

South Clare vs RSMU
RSMU should win in the a grade and secure a finals spot. The b grade will be a cracker. One win between the two sides all year. Last chance for both teams to get a win.

BBH vs North Clare
A win will all but secure BBH a finals spot in the A Grade. North will continue one of the more obvious stackings of the b grade in recent times in what will be a cracker with serious finals implications. North win and they should guarantee finals, a loss and they are very much back in the mix. BBH lose and they might be out of the four by Saturday night.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:21 am

Min Man vs BSR
A I think Min Man will get the win here, BSR not super impressive last week
B BSR need to get Longy in to qualify for finals

Blyth vs Saints
A Saints must win by alot
B Blyth glory hunters for the win

South Clare vs RSMU
A Saints need RSMU to get done so go South
B I'm going a draw

BBH vs North Clare
A Again the Saints need the good talented running North to turn up, however if they are stacking already then probably they are no chance
B North as most of their A grade are now playing
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:12 am

One of the more interesting rounds just gone in the NEFL.

BSR won in both grades against Min Man. Pretty much wraps the minor premiership for BSR A grade. In the B's it means Min Man finals hopes are out of their control, they are pretty decent unit in the b grade so will be a shock if they dont make the finals.

Saints keep their finals hopes alive in the A grade and given the fixtures ahead would almost be favorites to steal the fourth spot. Blyth with one of the biggest wins this season in the b grade.

Burra blow a huge chance in both grades losing to North in two close ones. North all but secure a finals in the b grade whilst Burra now could miss out in both grades.

RSMU keeping winning ugly in the a grade and have all but locked in a finals spot. In the b grade South caused one of the biggest upsets this year.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:18 pm

So what was looking like MM for the flag has now changed again with BSR winning - did they stop their run off half back which would go a way to stopping them

Saints need to win 2 and hope that BBH cant get over the two top teams

I'm all for byes but I believe 4 is to many and this one in particular comes at the wrong time, it stalls the momentum of the season - thoughts?
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:33 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:So what was looking like MM for the flag has now changed again with BSR winning - did they stop their run off half back which would go a way to stopping them

Saints need to win 2 and hope that BBH cant get over the two top teams

I'm all for byes but I believe 4 is to many and this one in particular comes at the wrong time, it stalls the momentum of the season - thoughts?

As an old boy I love the byes….I also think it’s one reason we haven’t had too many injuries this year, not as many blokes playing on sore tired bodies will equal less injuries in theory.

Having 2 byes in 4 weeks is odd though…I can understand why some hate it.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:38 pm

Saints big winners jump into the 4 at the expense of BBH

Id expect them to finish in the 4 now and play RSMU 2 weeks in a row
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:Saints big winners jump into the 4 at the expense of BBH

Id expect them to finish in the 4 now and play RSMU 2 weeks in a row

Yeah Saints look set …….

B Grade finals looks interesting....Min Man vs BBH with the winner taking fourth sport and playing North Clare in the elimination final. BSR and Blyth to play in the qualifying final regardless of results this weekend.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:29 pm

Hearing Jackson O'Brien wont be coaching North Clare next year.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:58 pm

A GRADE
Saints will beAt RSMU particularly if the. RSMU coach is just happy to get all his 30 touches in the back 50, on Saturday he mustvle been getting paid per kick outs cause he took everyone
MM will beat BSR.

B GRADE
I’m going BS cause all the flag chasers will be available
North because they’ve been stacking since round 10 like every year cause their culture is shit
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:37 am

Pointy end of the season time to get excited.

A Grade

BSR vs Min Man.....pretty obvious who I think and want to win. Under no illusions though Min Man are a very good side and if not for bad kicking could of knocked of BSR on both occasions. Two best sides all year should be a cracker.

RSMU vs Saints...…..the Saints have the momentum whilst RSMU have kind of just coasted through the year. In saying that RSMU really lifted last year when it counted and played good finals football including knocking of the Saints. Ill go with RSMU by less than a kick.

B Grade
BSR take on the Blyth galacticos........ clearly Blyth will be the favourites but BSR with a punchers chance.

North Clare vs Min Man......North Clare could easily have over ten changes from the team that played on the weekend and most ins will be proper decent. Min Man on the other hand scraped through on the final day. I've been impressed with the Eagles each time we played them and think they are definitely a chance. Ill go with North Clare by a couple of goals though.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:27 am

How about this for an impressive effort.

Every single one of Min Mans footy and netball sides both seniors and juniors have made the finals.

Would be a rare feat you would think.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:35 pm

Not a great day for BSR footy going down in both grades

A1 netball made the gf which was great news
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:39 pm

Saints will get BSR on saturday by 18 plus

should be a great game

Id imagine we may have some supporters who will load up behind the BSR coaching box again, same as last year
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:27 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:Saints will get BSR on saturday by 18 plus

should be a great game

Id imagine we may have some supporters who will load up behind the BSR coaching box again, same as last year

Loading up behind the coaches box worked well last year didn’t it :roll: ;)

Hopefully will be a good game.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy