NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby norfoftheborder » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:22 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:
whufc wrote:There has been a lot of discussion in some of the other threads about umpiring standards in their various competitions.

I must say the umpiring this year in the b grade has been pretty decent...……...definitely not being the deciding factor in who wins games that's for sure.

You get the occasional bad mistake and the odd time where a couple of the umps have completely different interpretation especially of the holding the ball rule. Overall though there doing a pretty decent job all things considered. Umpire abuse definitely seems to be down as well which can only be a good thing.

umpiring in the NEFL has always been contentious, unfortunately lots of umpires are bound to clubs and a s a result they have always been seen as biased, eg BSR have a couple and BBH have a what some would see is a really biased help; Having umpired with them I don't think that in most cases this is true unfortunately history would say at times the decisions they make can be seen as biased. the BBH bloke unfortunately has a history of making the wrong decisions at the right time for his team

There was an A's game this year with lets say im assuming the umpire mentioned above, the opposition recieved 2 Free kicks to 12 from this particular umpire. Not saying the umpiring was completely biased and a lot of the free kicks were there, although the whistle tended to go away for the opposition for marginal frees which were in turn paid in the other direction. I don't mind if there are no frees or lots of frees but it needs to be consistent and 2-12 seems unrealistically one sided - I would expect somewhere within the realms of even half (i.e. 5 to 10) rather than 20%. (i.e. 2 to 12)
norfoftheborder

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby norfoftheborder » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:25 pm

whufc wrote:
norfoftheborder wrote:Any news on the association team?

I assume it has already been decided and Thursdays training is just a formality as with most years, but interested to see what players will be put on the park. I would assume quite a few BSR and Min Man players, the usual Burra suspects (Tom Drew and Smyth's), Helbig from North possibly a few others, Will Pratt and Dylan Foulis from Blyth, Riverton Krause and a couple more I would suggest, Nietschke from Saints, and a couple from South Matt Allen and others.

Should be a strong side but YPFL will be odds on favorites again I think.

Haven't heard anything from BSR but most of the guys on the pre list are the city based blokes so not really a discussion point for us country b grade lads at training. :lol:

That is the case for North as well I think 9 on the squad and 6 Adelaide lads. No Lachie Jaeschke bit of a surprise, but was told this is due to him coming back from a knee this year and hurting his hamstring round one, although best players in every game he has played. Good of the League to give him a rest :lol:
norfoftheborder

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:30 pm

norfoftheborder wrote:
whufc wrote:

I assume it has already been decided and Thursdays training is just a formality as with most years, but interested to see what players will be put on the park. I would assume quite a few BSR and Min Man players, the usual Burra suspects (Tom Drew and Smyth's), Helbig from North possibly a few others, Will Pratt and Dylan Foulis from Blyth, Riverton Krause and a couple more I would suggest, Nietschke from Saints, and a couple from South Matt Allen and others.

Haven't heard anything from BSR but most of the guys on the pre list are the city based blokes so not really a discussion point for us country b grade lads at training. :lol:

That is the case for North as well I think 9 on the squad and 6 Adelaide lads. No Lachie Jaeschke bit of a surprise, but was told this is due to him coming back from a knee this year and hurting his hamstring round one, although best players in every game he has played. Good of the League to give him a rest :lol:

Going to be a big day next weekend with BSR and North Clare. Oddly enough North have caused a few upsets against BSR in recent years in the A Grade.

The B Grade should be an absolute belter between the top two sides. Winner of this will take favouritism to be runners up to Blyth in the b grade this year. :lol:

Personally really looking for to it, all things well I haven't played a footy game at Spalding since moving there for a variety of different reasons so this should be the first time :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby norfoftheborder » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:45 pm

whufc wrote:
norfoftheborder wrote:
whufc wrote:

Going to be a big day next weekend with BSR and North Clare. Oddly enough North have caused a few upsets against BSR in recent years in the A Grade.

The B Grade should be an absolute belter between the top two sides. Winner of this will take favouritism to be runners up to Blyth in the b grade this year. :lol:

Personally really looking for to it, all things well I haven't played a footy game at Spalding since moving there for a variety of different reasons so this should be the first time :lol:

Yeah North Needs the win in the A grade as well so there might be a bit in it. And the B grade should be a cracking game.
norfoftheborder

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:53 pm

It will be interesting to see if Schmidt and The Priors get picked
they use to have the age rule i think it was 28 and you didn't need to play, They definitely fit into this catergory
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:55 pm

norfoftheborder wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:
whufc wrote:There has been a lot of discussion in some of the other threads about umpiring standards in their various competitions.

I must say the umpiring this year in the b grade has been pretty decent...……...definitely not being the deciding factor in who wins games that's for sure.

You get the occasional bad mistake and the odd time where a couple of the umps have completely different interpretation especially of the holding the ball rule. Overall though there doing a pretty decent job all things considered. Umpire abuse definitely seems to be down as well which can only be a good thing.

umpiring in the NEFL has always been contentious, unfortunately lots of umpires are bound to clubs and a s a result they have always been seen as biased, eg BSR have a couple and BBH have a what some would see is a really biased help; Having umpired with them I don't think that in most cases this is true unfortunately history would say at times the decisions they make can be seen as biased. the BBH bloke unfortunately has a history of making the wrong decisions at the right time for his team

its also where you pay them, this particularly gentlemen spent the last quarter of a tight game in the BBH forward half, no rotation at all, guess who got the win
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby norfoftheborder » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:06 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:

It will be interesting to see if Schmidt and The Priors get picked
they use to have the age rule i think it was 28 and you didn't need to play, They definitely fit into this catergory

Wonder if this is still the case and if your 28th birthday happens to be on the day of the games do you have to play :lol: :lol: :lol:
norfoftheborder

Postby norfoftheborder » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:12 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:
norfoftheborder wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:

its also where you pay them, this particularly gentlemen spent the last quarter of a tight game in the BBH forward half, no rotation at all, guess who got the win

Of course he did, but there lies one of the problems with country footy the games wouldn't happen without umpires and it is unfair to send someone to a different ground to umpire when their children might be playing for a particular team. In all, most teams seem to have at least one umpire who is from the club, most are biased to some degree to their club, that's just the way it is unfortunately.

I do however like most of the umpires as they will have a bit of a joke with players during and after the game a couple however think they are umpiring the AFL and everything is dissent :lol: :lol: :lol:
norfoftheborder

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:23 pm

Back into this week...….

BBH vs Min Man

A Grade- Probably the game of the week. Big chance for BBH to send out a notice to the rest of the comp after a disappointing performance against BSR. I rate Min Man big time and expect them to get the job done here easily.

B Grade- Should be a cracker in the b grade with both teams coming off a loss. Min Man have struggled to get a full side on the park in recent weeks but if they can I expect them to get the win.

BSR vs North Clare

A Grade- Everything on paper suggests an easy BSR win but recent history says North Clare lifts for this one and is capable of the upset as they did away from home last year. I'm hoping the lads learnt from that game and are completely switched on to get the win.

B Grade- Game of the round in the ressies with the two top sides doing battle. BSR keep finding ways to get a win but this might be a stretch too far with North Clare being a very strong side. Heart says BSR heads says North Clare

RSMU vs Saints

A Grade- Another interesting battle, RSMU have struggled in recent weeks and need a win to stay in the top 4. On the other hand the Saints have had a couple of wins and can jump in the four with another. I think the bye came at the right time for RSMU and at home should be too strong.

B Grade- Could be a close game in the b grade with both sides hanging on to top 4 hopes with a thread. I would expect the older more physical Saints to out muscle the younger RSMU b grade.

[b]Blyth vs South Clare[/b]

A Grade- South have been one of the most improved this season and should get the job done over Blyth who are winless and almost put the cue in the rack for this season. A win keeps South in the chase for the top 4.

B Grade- If the weather holds this could be the biggest margin of any game this season with the quality in the Blyth b grade far too much for a struggling and win less South Clare.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:41 pm

BBH vs Min Man

A Grade- MM but if BBH get the chocolates= grand final chance

B Grade- BBH

BSR vs North Clare

A Grade- easy BSR win

B Grade-. North Clare, again i love the jumper

RSMU vs Saints

A Grade-Saints will win this - looking much better forward of the ball Dane Pfitzner really standing up

B Grade- Saints - I just hope its a better spectacle than the South V Saints game

Blyth vs South Clare

A Grade- South

B Grade- B/S by a street .
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:13 am

BSR got up in both grades!!

Didn’t catch any of the A grade so can’t really comment but noticed the scores were close at halftime, only for BSR to dominate the second half.

B Grade was a close affair, 5 minutes more and north Clare probably win. BSR kicked 3.9 in the first so the game should have been over at quarter time.

Great effort for both teams to remain undefeated so far.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:42 am

A Grade
Blyth cause the biggest upset so far this year with a 4 goal win over South Clare. Demons will be spewing as that really hurts their finals chances.
Min Man easily defeated BBH and show there is a fair gap between the top and the rest.
BSR avoided a potential banana slip to run over the top of North Clare in the second half and remain undefeated.
RSMU strengthened there chances of playing finals with a win over the Saints. Now a two game gap between fourth and fifth.

B Grade
Blyth keep rolling with a 100 pt win over South. Engravers have already started on the trophy.
BBH caused a mini upset easily disposing of Min Man who have now dropped out the 4....they need players back quickly.
A mongreless BSR upset North Clare to remain undefeated.
RSMU also imo upset the Saints to keep their faint finals chances alive....for the Saints that's curtains in the b grade.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:35 am

So we are at the half way point of the season.....whats everyones thoughts?

A Grade
Looks to be a bit of a two horse race for the premiership between BSR and Min Man. If their first game is anything to go by its going to be a cracking rivalry this season.

Riverton and Burra have created a gap on the chasing pack for the final two finals spots. Riverton haven't been playing as well as last year but once again could be the sleeping giant come finals time. BBH are going ok but back to back losses against the top 2 sides by six goals suggest they are a bit behind.

The chasing pack is made up of the Saints, North Clare and South Clare all two wins outside of the top 4. For these to make they finals they are going to have to string a decent streak together....most likely to achieve that is probably the Saints....tough ask though.

Blyth got their first win on the weekend but hard to see them having an impact.

B Grade
Hard comp to judge as not many games are being played 21 v 21. Blyth are the standouts with the engravers already starting to put the letters on the trophy. Outside of them though its a tight as you will get....one game separating second and fifth.

There is no way you can pick the potential runners up at this stage. BSR great start to the year means they 'should' play finals. North Clare could have the advantage of the A Grade not making finals and therefore being able to stack their b grade. BBH and Min Man at their best are both very good sides.

The bottom three sides look resigned to those positions they are currently in with maybe the Saints having a late run.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:47 am

Huge week of games in both grades. Highlights A Grade RSMU vs BBH and B Grade Blyth vs North Clare

South Clare vs BSR
A Grade- South Clare are playing their home game at BSR so in affect are away. On paper its hard to see anything but a BSR win. South were missing a few last week in their upset loss to Blyth. Falconer is still away i presume given his over in Scotland so that is a massive loss to them.

B Grade- Once again hard to see anything but a BSR win but b grade can be a funny comp. Despite not having a won a game yet South do have some quality players and the potential to have some play so BSR will need to be switched on.

Blyth vs North Clare
A Grade- Should be a beauty.....Blyth won their first game of the year last week and will be full of confidence. Last chance saloon for North Clare if they are serious about finals. They were good for a half against BSR and will need to bring that intensity if they are to be assured of a win. Surely Norf get up here.

B Grade- Game of the round in the b grade. North Clare were missing a few last week and will need them back if they are to beat the Blyth galacticos. For Blyth its probably there first real test since all the big guns have been playing regularly. I expect this to be Blyth's closest game in a month but to still win by 6 goals.

Southern Saints vs Min Man
A Grade- The Saints have won two out of their last three whilst Min Man keep rolling. Hard to go past Min Man in this one who are quality.

B Grade- Im tipping a bit of an upset in this one. The Saints from what I've seen aren't as bad as their ladder position suggests and it appears Min Man are struggling with numbers at the moment which has affected their results big time. Unless Min Man can get some players back on the park on tipping the Saints in a close one.

RSMU vs BBH
A Grade-- High stakes game this one. Winner will go a game clear in third and could finish the week three games clear in the four. RSMU havent been at their best but i would expect them to start to come good and get the win this week.

B Grade- Riverton are improving each week in the b grade but not sure they have enough to beat a BBH side who demolished Min Man last week. In saying that if Riverton lose this week that all but ends any finals chances so they should be 'up' for this one.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:42 am

At half way into the season I agree in the A Grade it looks like MinMan and BSR as the front runners

RSMU and BBH for mind will make up the top 4 at seasons end
North and South just self destruct every year - no different at the moment
Saints battling with demons from last year, a number of deficiencies that weren't rectified, through coaching, but weren't as evident with better quality players have come back to haunt them - stoppage structure, accountability of the back 6 , forward connection,

South Clare vs BSR
A Grade- BSR by 50 + BSR win.

B Grade- BSR win by about the same as the ones

Blyth vs North Clare
A Grade- If North don't win with what's on the line they may as well get the tennis racquets out and start getting ready for summer

B Grade- Blyth Glory Hunters

Southern Saints vs Min Man
A Grade- Ill pick Min Man which is really hard for me to do, long history of dislike, but think they will get the Saints on the outside with pace

B Grade- You've talked me into it Saints by 12 points

RSMU vs BBH
A Grade-- If the coach plays RSMU he is the quality they are missing

B Grade- Riverton all kids last week and kept having a crack, I'm on board
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:57 pm

Another round down,

BSR too good in both grades for South Clare. Sadly South have gone backwards since round 1 where they looked to be on the improve.

Norf Clare doing Norf Clare things losing to Blyth in the A Grade pretty much ending their finals hopes. In the B Grade a Ottens, Darling less Blyth won by nearly 100 points :shock: Give em the trophy now.

Min Man too good in both grades against the Saints, however the Saints look to be a competitive side who could cause some damage on the run in.

RSMU in a close one over BBH in the A Grade. Both sides will probably play finals. In the ressies Tohl returned for BBH kicking 5 goals in a good win. They look to be another side who continues to improve and will be a top 3 threat.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:25 pm

Min Man very slick in the first half have good speed and are set up to run from behind with overlap
Saints got the chance to make it more contested after half time which meant that Min Man were less fluid - this may be the way to go against Min Man in the run home

The winner of Saints and BBH this week will play finals

Saints two games out with a win this week and North, South and Blyth to come may be a chance

Time for some lads who have played 100 plus A grade games to step up and really want it

The history of the club in the A grade is that these lads only BELIEVE when they have recruits that will DO it for them
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:45 am

What a funny old season. Top 2 are miles ahead whilst 5th to 8th are all equal on points.

North Clare vs RSMU
A Grade- RSMU have moved into third and look to be finding some form at the right time of the year. On the other hand North Clare have fallen in a whole. I know they had a lot out weekend but even before that there form wasn't great. Have to think RSMU win this easy but If any side could pull of an upset its North.

B Grade- Could be a much closer game than expected if North still have a few out. RSMU are continuing to improve with a young and could be an undermanned North if that is the case. I'm going to predict North get a few back and win this one.

Min Man vs South Clare
A Grade- Cant see anything but a comfortable Min Man win in this one.

B Grade-- Min Man look to be getting a few back and filling a full side. Should win by close to 100.

BBH vs Saints
A Grade- Match of the round in the A Grade for mine. Big stakes on offer. BBH win and it almost guarantees them some finals footy. On the other hand a loss has them right back in the pack. Saints lose and its season over 3 games out of the four. The scoreline suggests the Saints must have been good against Min Man so im going to back them to get the win here and close up that gap.

B Grade- A lot like Min Man, BBH seem to get a few back at the right time including King Tohl. Thinking BBH by ten goals.

BSR vs Blyth
A Grade- BSR remain undefeated whilst Blyth will be full of confidence with back to back wins and only two games out the four. Whilst I think Blyth have improved since their round 2 meeting its hard to go past a BSR win.

B Grade- Top 2, match of the round in the B Grade. BSR are undefeated but haven't played against all the superstars of Blyth. Darling and Ottens will be fresh after not playing last week and most will be tipping Blyth. Heart says the best of BSR can be very competitive but that may make me look like a fool at 3pm Saturday.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:43 am

North Clare vs RSMU
A Grade- RSMU will win easy, North Clare never quite live up to the talent they possess.

B Grade- I'm on RSMU if they can stop Wardy getting 40 plus, just need Craig Jeaschke back out there and they will be a premiership threat

Min Man vs South Clare
A Grade- Min Man win in this one, too slick

B Grade-- Min Man

BBH vs Saints
A Grade- I agree match of the round in the A Grade, so the great man Terry Bevan will be able to go straight to the ground from the Bon Accord. Saints if they can execute the basics better, kicking, groundball, dropped marks, and stop giving it back to the opposition, they'll win by 20 plus and be back in the hunt, if not they will say bye bye to finals chances

B Grade- King Tohl. Thinking BBH by ten goals.

BSR vs Blyth
A Grade- BSR

B Grade- Blyth Glory hounds
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:47 am

Cracker b grade game between BSR and Blyth with Blyth winning by 10pts

BSR went into 3/4 time a few points up and then kicked the first goal in the last. Blyth though managed to kick a couple quick goals to get the win.

Great game to play in, tough hard and fair.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy