Kangaroo Island Champs why r they all 6'6

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Kangaroo Island Champs why r they all 6'6

Postby Eagle Rock » Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 pm

I feel that would highly unlikley GA!! He will have only played 2 matches max b4 the big game and the 1 match he played so far was at full back! Selectors feel his fitmess may be a weakness and get exposed!!!

1 glaring omission i was unaware of was L. Bowd will be freed by south u/18s and made available for that game and will be a handy inclusion even after playing on the sat.
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Sat May 23, 2009 5:22 pm

sudsy wrote:What was Chris "stuffa" Langford like as a player in his junior days.

cant say that i ever seen Stuffa in the early years but its fair to say if he looks anythin like he does now he woulda ran the entire field with all 18 opposing players dragging behind him. Apparantly even the parents of his team mate were scared to look him in the eye. Think now days his best work is done at the bar
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Eagle Rock » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Anyone got the B/P's from the association game on the weekend?

I heard the Hills gave KI a reasonable touch up. I dont know how strong the Hills team was but i heard the KI team was missing 21 players who POSSIBLY could have played.

Abolute shame there doesnt seem to be the desire to play for your league over there like in the past!!! Get KI back into the Mortlock carnival!!!
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Grape Ape » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Eagle Rock wrote:Anyone got the B/P's from the association game on the weekend?

I heard the Hills gave KI a reasonable touch up. I dont know how strong the Hills team was but i heard the KI team was missing 21 players who POSSIBLY could have played.

Abolute shame there doesnt seem to be the desire to play for your league over there like in the past!!! Get KI back into the Mortlock carnival!!!

Where were you Eagle? :shock:
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Eagle Rock » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:47 am

Couldnt even get a game then G/A!!!

U know exactly where i was G/A, down at old sunny Mount Compass at the Wedding of a couple of dancing Queens!!!! Was going to make an appearance until i got bogged at the bottom of the winery and had to stay there all weekend!!!!

Thanks for your help!!
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Grape Ape » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:03 am

:oops:
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Postby BJ Ernest » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:06 am

Grape Ape wrote::oops:

Get to work Grape Ape. Wouldnt want the mafia boss leaving a horse head in your bed!!!!
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Grape Ape » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:53 pm

Congrats to Clayto winning his 4th Mail Medal this week. That would have to make him one of the all time greats of KI footy?

Eagle Rock - can you fill us in about the goal of the century yesterday? Apparently one of the most amazing goals of all time was kicked on the siren to win the 1st semi for Dudley United. I've been told the story by someone known to elaborate a little bit. Was it as good as he reckons?
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Postby Eagle Rock » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:17 am

GA there was a fair bit of wind which "may" have helped the situation!!! The was certainly no skill involved with the kick which stole the game from Kingscote! Kingscote had a couple of lucky bounces go through for goals and it just happend that Dudley was repayed 1 in the last couple of minutes.

GA i also did notice a young kid in the colts for Wisanger wearing number 2 who resembled you a bit, and could almost have certainly been you when in the last quater even trailing by a few goals, managed to jag 1 himself, followed by "the chainsaw" fist pump which u used to pull out on the dance floor????? Any relation??
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Grape Ape » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:54 pm

Taken from The Islander:

When Roesler goaled just before the siren it left them three goals up with a quarter to play. Could the Dogs hang on or would the Eagles fly?

Enter Nev Clark with two opening goals in two minutes, as the game then see-sawed with both sides committed and desperate.

With a minute to go and the scoreboard showing a one-point lead to Kingscote, Clark boomed in from 50 to a vacant square, bouncing the ball a metre from the post with a leg break Shane Warne would be proud of, to regain the lead.

The Hounds desperately worked it back to their 50, the Eagles cleared, and it was all over. An amazing finish to a great game. Dudley to play on next week against Western Districts.
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Postby Eagle Rock » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:36 pm

GA sounds like he kicked it out he arse!!!

He must have done some damage to himself getting that much turn on the ball as i see he either didnt play or didnt do anything in this weeks final!!

GA yourself must be quite chuffed with the way your team is travelling at the moment!!! Looks to be just another Premiership in the bag for you!!!
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Parndarna 6.15 (51) def Dudley United 4.7 (31)

Best:
Parndarna – Nathan Trethewey (BOG), D May, P Tretheway, B May, N Dugmore.
Dudley United – B Willson, R Willson, A Grey, S Wheaton, C Willson.

Goals:
Parnadarna – Tom Wurst 2, I Sullivan, M Gilbert, M Mills, N Trethewey.
Dudley United – R Tonkin 2, C Willson, S Bullock
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Been liked: 23 times

Postby Micky Conlan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:39 am

Story from "Bush Legends" written by A & M Madigan

The temperature was struggling to reach 10 degrees as the rain squall whipped across the broad expanses of the oval on Kangaroo Islands Parndana oval.The Dudley United B grade team,from the warmer climes on the eastern end of the island,were a desultory looking lot as they straggled shivering into the change shed.

A few minutes before the game they added up 12 players and it was fair to say there were a few who had found some important business back home in front of the tv and warm fire. Parndana had a full complement of 20 players, and could be heard next door making plenty of noise pumping themselves up. There was a sudden silence when Dudley United secretary walked in and told them they didn't have a team. Secretarys of sporting teams have to be made of stren stuff, and it was no surprise when he returned with 4 topless footballers with white chorts and red socks. He soon ahd green and gold jumpers put on them and out onto the oval went 2 sides of 16 players.

There was little enthusiasm shown and as the siren sounded to end the first quarter it looked like being a dull game. The Parndana coach however had other ideas. As his players huddled around him for the quarter time address his face began to turn the same colour as his flaming red hair."What do you think this is? A game of netball?' he shouted. "Anyone would think the ball was something out of the back end of the cow, the way you blokes are going for it". "How about a few of you starting to run in a straight line". "What's happened to the tackling"? If you can't get the ball see that the opponent who has it is put down where he can count the earth mites". Lowering his voice he then delivered a bit of tactical advice, "when you get the ball on a day like this, straight down the guts with it".

He then urged his player to "show some commitment and determination and start playing football". Little did the coach realise that the opposition was eavesdropping on him. The Dudley United coach was one of the players who hadn't turned up, so the Dudley boys followed their Parndana ring-ins to join the huddle around the opposing team, where the Parndana coach without realising it, had delivered his pep talk to 32 players.
"lifes a game of inches, inch by inch, play by play"
Micky Conlan
Under 16s

Postby teaoby » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 am

GWW wrote:I dont reckon Danny Jenkins was 6'6 ;)

yeah but scott his son is 6'3 if not taller!
beards dont kill people, people with beards kill people
teaoby
Reserves

Been liked: 11 times

Postby Grape Ape » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:51 pm

teaoby wrote:
GWW wrote:I dont reckon Danny Jenkins was 6'6 ;)

yeah but scott his son is 6'3 if not taller!

Where is scott playing these days?
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Scott has played at Renmark the last couple of seasons, playing Half Back but pretty frequently sneaking forward to try and kick a goal. Played in the Rovers premiership this year. Good footballer, and top bloke.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:Scott has played at Renmark the last couple of seasons, playing Half Back but pretty frequently sneaking forward to try and kick a goal. Played in the Rovers premiership this year. Good footballer, and top bloke.

Well known for his all night taxi service and last one to want to leave in town even tho he doesnt drink. Pretty handy worker on the dance floor too might i add
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Postby Professor Plump » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:08 am

words of wisdom wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:Yes people, you read that right MIDFIELDER! Maybe not 6'6" Probably, 6'2" is closer to the mark and 100kg of ripped get in my way and I'll kill you (or dance around you just cos I can), please have my babies KI midfielder. Thumping kick, sublime skills, chick magnet. My hero. Had it all.

I think Jason coached Wisanger (KIFL) to a flag in 05? Apparently came off the bench when they needed a quick five goals. He only never eeded about ten minutes game time to win a match. I believe he is still playing but sustained a serious back injury on the farm which has slowed him down a bit in recent years. Arguably the second best footballer the Island has produced (after fellow Wisbanger - Brendon Lade)

And yes, one of the all time great blokes.

Was lucky enough to play with Jason and Derek for a season. Both boys loved a drink and could play. All round top blokes.

wat would u know. any 6'6 lads in the willunga colts
Professor Plump
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Eagle Rock » Mon May 17, 2010 10:13 am

Just a quick note to let anyone who has played with or against the great "Cod" Neave that im led to believe this weekendv or the following one will be his 500th Club game for the panthers!!! He brought up his 500th association game last year and is a great achievement for a true local legend!!! A remarkable achievment considering for numerous years where the competition has only played a 12 game season. All the best champ.
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Wed May 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Eagle Rock wrote:Just a quick note to let anyone who has played with or against the great "Cod" Neave that im led to believe this weekendv or the following one will be his 500th Club game for the panthers!!! He brought up his 500th association game last year and is a great achievement for a true local legend!!! A remarkable achievment considering for numerous years where the competition has only played a 12 game season. All the best champ.

Well done to the almighty ' SH!T FISH ' good luck to whoever is in his vacinity come the early hours of sunday morning ... your in for some riveting conversation
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy