HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Cougar » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Toto wrote:From what I've heard, Lees couldn't care less about his team. A bloke that would rather kick 6 and lose than kick none and win.

I didn't see him touch the footy yesterday!

c'mon Elmer and Toto. We all know what u get with Leesy, and if u know your footy, yesterday's small oval and conditions were never going to suit him. And u blokes especially don't need to be reminded how many goals he kicked in last years finals series. ;)

good luck to both sides in breaking a long drought next week at beautiful Brook Park
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Toto » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:31 pm

I'm not saying he's a not a good footballer. But from what I've seen he doesn't have much heart!

Yes. Glad the final has been moved there. Better viewing, better oval, better facilities. It's a win all around, if the weather is fine then the better side will win. How it should be.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Cougar wrote:
Toto wrote:From what I've heard, Lees couldn't care less about his team. A bloke that would rather kick 6 and lose than kick none and win.

c'mon Elmer and Toto. We all know what u get with Leesy, and if u know your footy, yesterday's small oval and conditions were never going to suit him. And u blokes especially don't need to be reminded how many goals he kicked in last years finals series. ;)

good luck to both sides in breaking a long drought next week at beautiful Brook Park

I'm sorry, the size of the oval he's playing on shouldn't influence if he goes hard at the contest, or if he gives away undisciplined free kicks, or if he disrespects his Coach by mouthing off at him when being dragged.

Your response indicates what his underlying inconsistency may be all about - that no-one's had the hard discussion with'him that footy's a team game, and sometimes you need to roll up your sleeves and play hard, disciplined football rather than sweating off looking for the easy one over the top all the time.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby RAMS » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Cougar wrote:

Nairne's a small oval is it?
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby 19thman » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Toto wrote:I'm not saying he's a not a good footballer. But from what I've seen he doesn't have much heart!

Yes. Glad the final has been moved there. Better viewing, better oval, better facilities. It's a win all around, if the weather is fine then the better side will win. How it should be.

Except the club who were told would have the GF.
Except the club who have already organised catering and marquees
Except the club who haven't had a GF for over 30 years
19thman

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:49 pm

19thman wrote:
Toto wrote:I'm not saying he's a not a good footballer. But from what I've seen he doesn't have much heart!

Except the club who were told would have the GF.
Except the club who have already organised catering and marquees
Except the club who haven't had a GF for over 30 years

While I agree that it's frustrating when decisions are overturned, I really think this is in the best interests of the GF itself.

I'm sure the catering and marquee orders that Birdwood have made can be cancelled without any financial impost on them - it's not like it's the night before the game.

Wouldn't we rather play the game on a dry flat deck, with no mud and plenty of space for spectators ?
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times

Postby Toto » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:27 pm

I can imagine it's frustrating but the overall result is better. Nairne and Bridgewater both play a fast style of footy so kersbrook will suit that and be a better spectacle. Can't wait!
Toto
Under 16s

Postby 2old2slow » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:29 pm

19th man i do feel for birdwood for being promised the gf but i also believe kersbrook were guaranted the gf if the a grade did not make it i know your a passionate supporter but compared with kersbrook your oval is crap and as for gfs i was lucky to play in one at birdwood and i am sure it was not 30 years ago :roll:
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby wonder_kid » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:59 pm

You have to feel for birdwood but i believe you cant have random ovals as grabd finals but then change and dictate based on what team makes it! You either be fare to all clubs and share the gf yearly or you give the best ovals the grand finals not a mixture of both! It may even encourage clubs to constantly f8ght to upgrade their ovals /facilities... just a thought
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby 19thman » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears but it's disheartening for the club. Everyone at the club was up and about... great money spinner, galvanising for the club then just like that gone. Is our oval as good as Kersbrook... of course not but it's not an awful oval. A lot of work has gone into it... sure it has a little kick at the top but it would have been in great nick for a GF.
Our club is working hard... A grade is improving and were clearly the 4th best team this year, B grade in the GF and juniors strong as usual... We have the senior coach of the year and something like this would have really been huge for the club but I guess not...
19thman

Postby wonder_kid » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:26 pm

All of what you said should be irrelevant! You either share the grand finals evenly each year on whatever system is the fairest.. other country leagues rotate and if you get a home final then that's just lucky.. being the 4th best team and having other grades in the gf or having the senior coach of the year shouldnt decide whether you deserve a gf over another club... to be honest with ya birdwood is probably the 3rd worst ground in the comp.. i have only been in hfl for a year so maybe im wrong.. but that shouldn't be the reason for not getting a gf either!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby 19thman » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:55 pm

wonder_kid wrote:All of what you said should be irrelevant! You either share the grand finals evenly each year on whatever system is the fairest.. other country leagues rotate and if you get a home final then that's just lucky.. being the 4th best team and having other grades in the gf or having the senior coach of the year shouldnt decide whether you deserve a gf over another club... to be honest with ya birdwood is probably the 3rd worst ground in the comp.. i have only been in hfl for a year so maybe im wrong.. but that shouldn't be the reason for not getting a gf either!

I agree, it doesn't. I agree that GFs should be cycled around evenly with some baseline of standard.
Birdwood is better than Meadows, Nairne, Bridgy.
I'm not trying to get into a pissing match... Kersbrook is a great oval... the rich get richer
19thman

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:23 am

It really does beggar belief the way this comp is run. How the hell you can change the grand final venue 1 week before is astounding.
Whats even worse is the way the clubs just bend over and take everything. This happens every year and yet the clubs still dont put anything into the constitution to prevent it.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Kick'n Back » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:58 am

This is not about which is the best venue between birdwood and Kersbrook to hold the grand final it's about what a disgrace the Hfl board is. The problem is that different board members promise different things to different people. It's a disgrace that someone can promise birdwood the final and then a different board member is still promising Kersbrook that if you don't make the grand final it's yours which was put in place before the finals. I do feel for birdwood as they had the preliminary final taken away from them too which should of never happened if the ovals are on a rotation during the finals and the grand final isn't included in the rotation. Hopefully this is the last straw and some decent people put there hand up to go on the board.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby TOOLDTO SLOW » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:23 am

This Birdwood oval shift is a real disgrace. Rest assured the deck at Birdwood would have been fine for the GF. Where I come from you know one year in advance which final you will be allocated. It is done along with every final on a wagon wheel concept. That way each club knows well in advance that they must plan accordingly REGARDLESS of whether they are actually in the finals. It works so well and you don't get this ad hoc approach that seems typical of what is happening in the HFL at present
TOOLDTO SLOW
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby inside word » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Wouldn't a simple solution be hold the GF at Maccy Every Year and then have a different club every year run the canteen and bar? Seems pretty Simple.... In all Fairness with 40mm of Rain expected Thursday and Friday I feel its a good decision for the game.
inside word
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby 19thman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:10 pm

The backflips continue... GF back at Rooster park!
19thman

Postby inside word » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:24 pm

19thman wrote:The backflips continue... GF back at Rooster park!

Have you got Covers for the Oval? Cause if you don't the Velodrome will turn into a Complete Mud Pit!
inside word
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Toto » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:04 pm

I agree with the maccy idea. Play it there every year and let each club take turns in running the bar and canteen.

Grand final shouldn't be played at an oval where the coin toss can affect the result so easily. E.g. Winning the toss at birdwood and kicking down the mountain and having an 8 goal lead at quarter time, shut the game down. She's all over.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby TOOLDTO SLOW » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:12 pm

Well I be blowed - justice has prevailed. Or was it a case of putting legal pressure on these HFL people who swop and change like the wind.This must teach them to follow sensible outcomes and start treating all clubs as equal Anyhow you will all be surprised at the condition of the Birdwood Oval and it will take the intended rain. Never heard of an oval deciding the outcome of a GF
TOOLDTO SLOW
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy