HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Toto » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:14 pm

The HFL board is a rabble! They make it very difficult for everyone. In the end birdwood were told, first, that they were to host the grand final and in the end that's where it's being held. Not sure why they tried to change it to kersbrook if they didn't intend on having it there.

Oh well, hopefully the oval does hold up as you've said and we get a cracker game of footy!
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby 19thman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Toto wrote:I agree with the maccy idea. Play it there every year and let each club take turns in running the bar and canteen.

Grand final shouldn't be played at an oval where the coin toss can affect the result so easily. E.g. Winning the toss at birdwood and kicking down the mountain and having an 8 goal lead at quarter time, shut the game down. She's all over.

Not sure it's that big a hill!
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:34 pm

[url][/url]
Toto wrote:The HFL board is a rabble! They make it very difficult for everyone. In the end birdwood were told, first, that they were to host the grand final and in the end that's where it's being held. Not sure why they tried to change it to kersbrook if they didn't intend on having it there.

Oh well, hopefully the oval does hold up as you've said and we get a cracker game of footy!

The fact is they did intend to have it at Kersbrook from the start of the finals if Kersbrook didn't make it. Well that's what Kersbrook were told and obviously birdwood were told it was there's it just depends on which board member you were talking too
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby TOOLDTO SLOW » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Mt Lofty is a BIG mountain - Birdwood is nowhere as challenging trust me
TOOLDTO SLOW
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby The new bloke » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 pm

There's a simple solution to all this. Maybe the hfl should take a leaf out of the gsfl book and rotate the grand final through every club no matter who plays in it, yes there's the chance of a home grand final but everyone gets a go and no argument but I'm sure there is not a brain between anyone at the hfl so this will never eventuate and we will all be complaining about the same crap next year.
The new bloke
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:56 pm

The new bloke wrote:There's a simple solution to all this. Maybe the hfl should take a leaf out of the gsfl book and rotate the grand final through every club no matter who plays in it, yes there's the chance of a home grand final but everyone gets a go and no argument but I'm sure there is not a brain between anyone at the hfl so this will never eventuate and we will all be complaining about the same crap next year.

Same as BLG
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:59 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
The new bloke wrote:There's a simple solution to all this. Maybe the hfl should take a leaf out of the gsfl book and rotate the grand final through every club no matter who plays in it, yes there's the chance of a home grand final but everyone gets a go and no argument but I'm sure there is not a brain between anyone at the hfl so this will never eventuate and we will all be complaining about the same crap next year.

Same as BLG

Not true.
South have to hold the GF at Willaston when it's our turn
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Jim05 wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Same as BLG

Not true.

Yeah you're right sorry. Maybe if you got your goal posts lined up with each other you may be able to host one, lets no avoid it Elred Riggs Reserve is shithouse oval.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:06 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Same as BLG

Not true.

Yeah you're right sorry. Maybe if you got your goal posts lined up with each other you may be able to host one, lets no avoid it Elred Riggs Reserve is shithouse oval.

Oval is fantastic and a better surface than half the shitholes finals are at but the facilities are terrible especially the change rooms
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Same as BLG[/quote]
Not true.
South have to hold the GF at Willaston when it's our turn[/quote]

Yeah you're right sorry. Maybe if you got your goal posts lined up with each other you may be able to host one, lets no avoid it Elred Riggs Reserve is shithouse oval.[/quote]
Oval is fantastic and a better surface than half the shitholes finals are at but the facilities are terrible especially the change rooms[/quote]

Are they changerooms?, my bedroom is bigger than the opposition ones.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby inside word » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Now we have a venue, what are the predictions for the Gf's this week?
inside word
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby B&F » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:02 pm

A Grade:

Nairne Vs Bridgewater - Nairne have been talking themselves up for years that "THIS IS THEIR YEAR" ..... now they are a real shot and prob their best chance to do it this year... on the flip side Bridgewater are seeking that premiership glory and I believe in the end their hunger and number of winners around the ball will see them get over Nairne and will get them across the line in a very close contest. Bridgewater by 2 goals.

B Grade:

Bridgewater Vs Birdwood - Rare chance (or maybe not going forward with grand final allocation) for Birdwood to win a Home GF... dont think the home ground advantage will help as Bridgewater came within 5 points last time they played up at Birdwood... I think it should be another close one... with both teams wanting that Grand Final win which Kersbrook have held to their own for the past several years in the b grade comp... my tip is going to be Bridgwater just by 2 points to take home the A Grade & B Grade double.

be the first time in about 7 years that Kersbrook has not had a Senior team playing on Grand Final Day.... Fair effort there..

Also In this comp one team is going to break a long drought come Saturday either Bridgewater - 35 years or Nairne 27 years best of luck to all teams playing on Saturday.
B&F

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Toto » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm going to say Nairne by 4 points.
I think their inside ball winners in McGahey and Micah Rupcic will give their outside players like Gamma first use. If they can keep a lid on McDonald then that will go a long way to winning it!
Houlahan is an X factor on the ground in the forward line, nipping at the feat of big Mitchell.

Be interesting to see if they play Bevelander.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Kick'n Back » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:17 am

Is it too late to change the gf back to Kersbrook.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby 19thman » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:43 am

Kick'n Back wrote:Is it too late to change the gf back to Kersbrook.

Bring your long stops!
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Toto » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:36 am

So how's the oval holding up?
Toto
Under 16s

Postby inside word » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:13 am

Going to be a cracker of a GF Tomorrow. In the A's, you have Nairne who are well rested and will be full of confidence after coming from 26 Points down against us in the semi Final. Bridgewater also will be full of confidence after knocking off Kersbrook comfortably last week. May sound obvious but this game will be won in the Midfield, both are quality, with the wet weather and soggy conditions it will be a real contest with big bodies from both teams going at it. Both Forward lines are better than there respective defenders, so whoever has more ball will win the game. Will be within a kick either way and I am predicting Nairne by 5 points.
inside word
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby The Gimp » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Toto wrote:So how's the oval holding up?

Had 35-40mm rain last night plus a small amount this morning so can't say it will be in the best nick but it drains much better than it used to.
I'd expect the wing closest to the clubhouse will probably be soggy but the rest should be pretty good.

Will be a couple of cracking senior games I reckon and both games could go either way.
A Grade - will be good to see one of these clubs break their big drought for an A grade premiership. Will come down to the team that adjust to the conditions the quickest and makes the most of their opportunities going forward. Flip of the coin but Bridgy by 0-9pts.

B Grade - again it will be a close game and Birdwood won't want to let Bridgy jump out of the blocks like a couple of weeks ago at Maccy. both sides are well balanced and have good players around the ground but I think (hoping) Birdwood's home ground advantage will just give them the edge. Birdwood 0-9pts.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Milly » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:12 pm

My Tips for the GF at Birdwood is Anna Meares to be too quick for Stuart O’Grady. Meares has BMX experience and this will help her in the bog.
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Corona Man » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:27 pm

Milly wrote:My Tips for the GF at Birdwood is Anna Meares to be too quick for Stuart O’Grady. Meares has BMX experience and this will help her in the bog.

Suey climbs up hill a bit better though....tight finish!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy