HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby cracka » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:00 pm

cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:Forcing a club, towns, community to stop fielding a team is reprehensible. Where else can they go? Twenty guys are told to stop playing sport. I thought the Echunga saga was embarrassing but this ridiculous. If you support this decision I challenge you to you to visit Sedan and Cambrai and tell the residents that they don't "qualify" to play sport. They are second class citizens.

Oh dear, seems we have a drama queen in our midst.

They haven't been told "they don't qualify to play sport" they've been told to play in Div 3. Sheesh.

Where do the B graders go?

Well some of them play in the A grade straight after, apparently.

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Apparently. WTF....

Go and speak to them. Stop being a keyboard warrior and tell these lads that fill the B-Grade every week for S/C

Well what should the HFL do with Sedan & what should they have done with Callington, please give a solution that suits everyone.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:Forcing a club, towns, community to stop fielding a team is reprehensible. Where else can they go? Twenty guys are told to stop playing sport. I thought the Echunga saga was embarrassing but this ridiculous. If you support this decision I challenge you to you to visit Sedan and Cambrai and tell the residents that they don't "qualify" to play sport. They are second class citizens.

WTF. They haven't been told they don't "qualify" to play sport or go to another comp FFS. Ridiculous post.
Maybe you can answer what should have happened with Callington then.

Perhaps I should have specifically said, speak to the b-graders of S/C. They guys who could play in 2014 you will either give the game away or play every second or third week

why ? If Sedan have enough for two seniors teams, and a whole 20+ squad of B graders want to play, they just have to nominate 2 teams in the Div 3 comp. It's not rocket science.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:07 pm

cracka wrote:
cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:Apparently. WTF....

Go and speak to them. Stop being a keyboard warrior and tell these lads that fill the B-Grade every week for S/C

Well what should the HFL do with Sedan & what should they have done with Callington, please give a solution that suits everyone.

If you think there is a solution for everyone, perhaps you should join politics? They seem to be needing someone of your calibre in Canberra right now or is that just some lame cop out?

I don't believe in forcing a club that can field two sides to field one. I think it is easy for you to be a keyboard warrior. I am not so sure you would rise to the occasion if you met with and spoke to the people of S/C who fill the b-grade every week. I think you would go missing....
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby cracka » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
If you think there is a solution for everyone, perhaps you should join politics? They seem to be needing someone of your calibre in Canberra right now or is that just some lame cop out?

I don't believe in forcing a club that can field two sides to field one. I think it is easy for you to be a keyboard warrior. I am not so sure you would rise to the occasion if you met with and spoke to the people of S/C who fill the b-grade every week. I think you would go missing....

You're calling me the keyboard warrior while constantly having a go at me. Interesting.
Anyway what should the HFL do with Sedan then & what should they have done with Callington (without a solution that suits everyone this time)
cracka
Veteran

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:32 pm

cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

You're calling me the keyboard warrior while constantly having a go at me. Interesting.
Anyway what should the HFL do with Sedan then & what should they have done with Callington (without a solution that suits everyone this time)
cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

I'm not the one implying the S/C B-Graders don't deserve to play football. That fits the definition of a keyboard warrior in my book. I note that you still haven't said you will take a trip down to S/C and inform them of your views. What's up with that? I seem to have asked this question multiple times. It wouldn't be because you are ignoring the question? I'll show you how it is done, I'll answer your question on S/C, that's the topic after all.

Let them play. If they can field two senior sides, let them play Div 2. If they can only field 1 senior side, let them play div 3. In the meantime, get the HLF, RIFL, S/C and BSR round a table and see if you can work something out. They are practically neighbours. If nothing can be worked out, see "Let them play".
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:46 pm

They haven't been told "they don't qualify to play sport" they've been told to play in Div 3. Sheesh.

So is "Div 3" going to be run properly? Or is it going to be the half-arsed competition again that forced Blackwood to leave?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:46 pm

It's laughable that modern culture treats teams that get flogged and clubs that are struggling as outcasts. Without these teams the bloke who kicks 20 goals on a Saturday wouldn't have the chance to brag and get his ego filled on a Saturday night. He also would be sitting at home rather than picking up his $300 envelope. I understand the hills culture of club development but not all hills communities are kissed on the dick with clubs close by and ample kids to chose from. Though I aim to defeat you, if I do I will not humiliate or belittle you. For without you I would be a lesser man.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:49 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:I'm not the one implying the S/C B-Graders don't deserve to play football.

I see the the mock outrage, misinterpretation and drama queen tendencies are persisting......

As mentioned before, if Sedan have 40 senior players (which you're seemingly implying they do, but we all know they don't), they can nominate 2 teams in the Div 3 comp and they can all play every weekend, but not at the expense of the other 8 Div 2 clubs who want a meaningful competition across all grades.

Based on your principle whereby having two senior teams (and no juniors) means you can play Div 2, then the Callington issues didn't need addressing either as they could field 2 teams.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:52 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

So is "Div 3" going to be run properly? Or is it going to be the half-arsed competition again that forced Blackwood to leave?

The HFL are making changes to Div 3 in 2015 including a longer season, umpire medal votes, leading goal kicker awards, etc. Yes, Blackwood have confirmed they will be re-entering a team as a result.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:54 pm

Re entering a D grade.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:57 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Re entering a D grade.

Where are their C's playing?
Thought they were getting kicked out of the ammos?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby cracka » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:I'm not the one implying the S/C B-Graders don't deserve to play football. That fits the definition of a keyboard warrior in my book. I note that you still haven't said you will take a trip down to S/C and inform them of your views. What's up with that? I seem to have asked this question multiple times. It wouldn't be because you are ignoring the question? I'll show you how it is done, I'll answer your question on S/C, that's the topic after all.

Let them play. If they can field two senior sides, let them play Div 2. If they can only field 1 senior side, let them play div 3. In the meantime, get the HLF, RIFL, S/C and BSR round a table and see if you can work something out. They are practically neighbours. If nothing can be worked out, see "Let them play".

Where have I said that they don't deserve to play football. I would say a keyboard warrior is someone who hides behind an alias & doesn't even say what club they are with & baits other users. What's your name or nickname & what club do you belong to. Yes I am ignoring the question of going to Sedan because it is a stupid question & you are trying to bait me with it & its not my responsibility to do that. If someone from Sedan wants to contact me or goes to a HFL meeting I'll tell them then. I haven't seen you on the SAAFL forum having a go at them telling clubs if they don't fit the requirements then they will be expelled. What's the difference.

No one is saying they cant play, , HFL isn't the only football league around. They haven't filled 2 senior sides for years now, apparently. I say apparently because its what I've been told at HFL meetings, I don't actually know. They have only once in the 5 years of being in HFL had an U15 side so haven't met the requirements to play in div 2. How long do 8 clubs have to bend for one club who was forced onto them, apparently. I say apparently because that's what LGIL said happened, I don't actually know.
Last edited by cracka on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:03 pm

so they keeping their C grade in ammos and a D grade in the Hills?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby cracka » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:04 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It's laughable that modern culture treats teams that get flogged and clubs that are struggling as outcasts. Without these teams the bloke who kicks 20 goals on a Saturday wouldn't have the chance to brag and get his ego filled on a Saturday night. He also would be sitting at home rather than picking up his $300 envelope. I understand the hills culture of club development but not all hills communities are kissed on the dick with clubs close by and ample kids to chose from. Though I aim to defeat you, if I do I will not humiliate or belittle you. For without you I would be a lesser man.

Isn't SAAFL making some clubs who have been struggling provide a list of players & if they cant fulfil the requirements (sound familiar) will be moved to a different div. What's the difference.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:06 pm

cracka wrote:I'm not the one implying the S/C B-Graders don't deserve to play football. That fits the definition of a keyboard warrior in my book. I note that you still haven't said you will take a trip down to S/C and inform them of your views. What's up with that? I seem to have asked this question multiple times. It wouldn't be because you are ignoring the question? I'll show you how it is done, I'll answer your question on S/C, that's the topic after all.

Where have I said that they don't deserve to play football. I would say a keyboard warrior is someone who hides behind an alias & doesn't even say what club they are with, what's your name or nickname & what club do you belong to. Yes I am ignoring the question of going to Sedan because it is a stupid question & you are trying to bait me with it & its not my responsibility to do that. If someone from Sedan wants to contact me or goes to a HFL meeting I'll tell them then. I haven't seen you on the SAAFL forum having a go at them telling clubs if they don't fit the requirements then they will be expelled. What's the difference.

No one is saying they cant play, , HFL isn't the only football league around. They haven't filled 2 senior sides for years now, apparently. I say apparently because its what I've been told at HFL meetings. They have only once in the 5 years of being in HFL had an U15 side so haven't met the requirements to play in div 2. How long do 8 clubs have to bend for one club who was forced onto them, apparently. I say apparently because that's what LGIL said happened, I don't actually know.[/quote]

Told from someone that really would know S/C had 6-7 doubling up to fill both sides.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:

Think their C's will be evicted
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:09 pm

cracka wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:It's laughable that modern culture treats teams that get flogged and clubs that are struggling as outcasts. Without these teams the bloke who kicks 20 goals on a Saturday wouldn't have the chance to brag and get his ego filled on a Saturday night. He also would be sitting at home rather than picking up his $300 envelope. I understand the hills culture of club development but not all hills communities are kissed on the dick with clubs close by and ample kids to chose from. Though I aim to defeat you, if I do I will not humiliate or belittle you. For without you I would be a lesser man.

Isn't SAAFL making some clubs who have been struggling provide a list of players & if they cant fulfil the requirements (sound familiar) will be moved to a different div. What's the difference.

Yes 4 clubs I believe must have 50 players signed up by Feb 14th to stay in the top 8 div's that field 2 senior teams.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:10 pm

cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:I'm not the one implying the S/C B-Graders don't deserve to play football. That fits the definition of a keyboard warrior in my book. I note that you still haven't said you will take a trip down to S/C and inform them of your views. What's up with that? I seem to have asked this question multiple times. It wouldn't be because you are ignoring the question? I'll show you how it is done, I'll answer your question on S/C, that's the topic after all.

Where have I said that they don't deserve to play football. I would say a keyboard warrior is someone who hides behind an alias & doesn't even say what club they are with, what's your name or nickname & what club do you belong to. Yes I am ignoring the question of going to Sedan because it is a stupid question & you are trying to bait me with it & its not my responsibility to do that. If someone from Sedan wants to contact me or goes to a HFL meeting I'll tell them then. I haven't seen you on the SAAFL forum having a go at them telling clubs if they don't fit the requirements then they will be expelled. What's the difference.

No one is saying they cant play, , HFL isn't the only football league around. They haven't filled 2 senior sides for years now, apparently. I say apparently because its what I've been told at HFL meetings. They have only once in the 5 years of being in HFL had an U15 side so haven't met the requirements to play in div 2. How long do 8 clubs have to bend for one club who was forced onto them, apparently. I say apparently because that's what LGIL said happened, I don't actually know.

Told from someone that really would know S/C had 6-7 doubling up to fill both sides.

Was that just last year or has it been an ongoing thing.
Last edited by cracka on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:11 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Think their C's will be evicted

they can't keep them in one of the ammo's C grade comps?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:13 pm

cracka wrote:
cracka wrote:

No one is saying they cant play, , HFL isn't the only football league around. They haven't filled 2 senior sides for years now, apparently. I say apparently because its what I've been told at HFL meetings. They have only once in the 5 years of being in HFL had an U15 side so haven't met the requirements to play in div 2. How long do 8 clubs have to bend for one club who was forced onto them, apparently. I say apparently because that's what LGIL said happened, I don't actually know.

Was that just last year or has it been an ongoing thing.

Last year certainly, not certain didn't ask about previous seasons.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy