HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:10 pm

Surely this can't be serious?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby scratcher » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:05 am

This is a disgrace. The HFL Board is not doing a very good job in leading the HFL, in fact it is making our league look stupid - it is just one mistake after another. Personally I have no faith in the board but I have to live with the decisions because I am not in a position to do anything about it officially. Something needs to be done, I don't know the answer but something has to be done before individuals and maybe even clubs start looking for greener pastures elsewhere.
I can't remember the last time I heard something said positively about the HFL - anywhere!
I know clubs have trials arranged for the 28th, these now have to be cancelled not only disrupting the HFL's club's plans but also the clubs they were playing ( hate to think what they think of us ).
Very disappointing & embarrassing.
scratcher
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:14 am

Kick'n Back wrote:Breaking news it sounds as though cambrai will be back in country div because the constitution states that all clubs must vote and a few didn't at the meeting. Also don't book any trial games the week before Easter because it sounds as though that is going to be the starting date for season now.

This off-season has been one of the most interesting in memory, thanks HFL
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:22 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Kick'n Back wrote:Breaking news it sounds as though cambrai will be back in country div because the constitution states that all clubs must vote and a few didn't at the meeting. Also don't book any trial games the week before Easter because it sounds as though that is going to be the starting date for season now.

Yep, no doubt about it, it's been a hoot......
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:27 am

When was the last time a country league started their season before the AFL and SANFL?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:28 am

When are the local cricket Grand Finals throughout the various Associations in the Hills? I know in the Barossa they are not until the 28/29th March.
I am assuming they must be the week before but with the HFL you just never know :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:54 am

daysofourlives wrote:When are the local cricket Grand Finals throughout the various Associations in the Hills? I know in the Barossa they are not until the 28/29th March.
I am assuming they must be the week before but with the HFL you just never know :D

HCA are the week before
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Legs Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:38 am

You have got to be kidding - the HFL still doesn't know their constitution after all that has occurred?

Surely - if the above is correct and S/C are still in Country after the clubs apparently held a vote - this is unfathomable. (agreed its a tough call)

I am simply in awe of the way that they are handling the competitions they govern - total embarrassment!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:09 pm

Legs Man wrote:

You have got to be kidding - the HFL still doesn't know their constitution after all that has occurred?

Surely - if the above is correct and S/C are still in Country after the clubs apparently held a vote - this is unfathomable. (agreed its a tough call)

I am simply in awe of the way that they are handling the competitions they govern - total embarrassment!

The board obviously does know the constitution otherwise another court case would have happened. The board are the ones pushing for Sedan to remain in country this year, Sedan have been told that if they cant fit the requirement on their own next year then it is div 3 for them. That should appease the haters who said 8 weeks from the start of the season wasn't enough time.
The clubs govern the competition, not the board FFS.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Legs Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:24 pm

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

The board obviously does know the constitution otherwise another court case would have happened. The board are the ones pushing for Sedan to remain in country this year, Sedan have been told that if they cant fit the requirement on their own next year then it is div 3 for them. That should appease the haters who said 8 weeks from the start of the season wasn't enough time.

So Sedan stay in country this year?
Didn't the clubs vote them out?
I am obviously a bit tainted with respect to my views re the board - and hearing of adjourned meetings etc.- fully understand they are volunteers and hopefully have the competitions interest at heart. (just bewilders me sometimes)
Appreciate your understanding of this Cracka and any clarification you can give.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:46 pm

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Legs Man wrote:So Sedan stay in country this year?
Didn't the clubs vote them out?
I am obviously a bit tainted with respect to my views re the board - and hearing of adjourned meetings etc.- fully understand they are volunteers and hopefully have the competitions interest at heart. (just bewilders me sometimes)
Appreciate your understanding of this Cracka and any clarification you can give.

Yes Sedan stay in country. Yes the clubs voted them out but vote was invalid, don't need another court case. I believe they have the competitions best interest at heart but they are trying to please 19 clubs, would love to see any doubters/haters do a better job.

If Sedan weren't allowed back in then Div 2 would have been a nice 8 team comp & div 2 S/C's, J/C's & U13's would have been able to follow the A grade for the 1st time in Fknows how long as there was only 1 club missing a S/C side. All other grades were full. I think Hahndorf have done this more to help themselves than Sedan. Can totally understand Div 2 clubs frustrations.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Legs Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Thanks Cracka - appreciate the clarification

It's unfortunate that the situation didn't work out so clubs had their sides at one ground each week as I reckon this is a big factor in participation.

Only thing I don't understand is what made the clubs vote invalid - aren't they able to vote on this type of functionality of the league?

They voted on not making Central an 11 team comp and that stood.

Whats different on this occasion? (not being antagonistic - just trying to understand what happened)
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Legs Man wrote:Thanks Cracka - appreciate the clarification

It's unfortunate that the situation didn't work out so clubs had their sides at one ground each week as I reckon this is a big factor in participation.

Only thing I don't understand is what made the clubs vote invalid - aren't they able to vote on this type of functionality of the league?

Whats different on this occasion? (not being antagonistic - just trying to understand what happened)

Something I don't think anyone knew about but a vote has to be a majority of those attending, so even though clubs abstained the result had to be 10 or more against the Sedan/Hahndorf proposal.
All clubs voted on not making div 1 an 11 team comp & the result was more than 10 against it anyway.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:When was the last time a country league started their season before the AFL and SANFL?

Isn't SFL having a game starting the week before Easter?
cracka
Veteran

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:43 pm

cracka wrote:
Dutchy wrote:When was the last time a country league started their season before the AFL and SANFL?

No
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Dutchy wrote:
cracka wrote:

No

OK. Sportingpulse has OSB/Lonsdale v Aldinga on Saturday 28th March & then Marion v Edwardstown on Easter Saturday 4th April.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Legs Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:59 pm

cracka wrote:

Something I don't think anyone knew about but a vote has to be a majority of those attending, so even though clubs abstained the result had to be 10 or more against the Sedan/Hahndorf proposal.
All clubs voted on not making div 1 an 11 team comp & the result was more than 10 against it anyway.

Thanks Cracka - damn complicated and somewhat confusing ( I was also surprised to hear clubs abstained from voting as it doesn't give a true direction - but obviously their prerogative )
At least you are on top of it!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby The Gimp » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:22 pm

cracka wrote:

Is this another interpretation issue??
The rule in the constitution is written:
16.1.2 Any resolution put to a vote shall be carried if approved by a simple majority of club representatives present and voting, subject however to the voting requirements of this constitution in respect of certain special motions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a club abstains from voting on a motion (although present), then they should be excluded from the calculations for the "majority" shouldn't they??
So I believe the vote went; 8 for SC into div 3, 7 against and 4 abstained. Therefore 8 out of 15 is a majority???
:shock: :roll:
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:56 pm

cracka wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
cracka wrote:

No

OK. Sportingpulse has OSB/Lonsdale v Aldinga on Saturday 28th March & then Marion v Edwardstown on Easter Saturday 4th April.

Well that has changed as both were originally on 4/4
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby jumbo20 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:17 pm

How are Meadows travelling with numbers for their junior sides?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy