HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby saintal » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:22 am

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:Uraidla have surprising from back in the 60's fielded a 3rd senior team and now days with the mergers of Ashton, Lenswood & Forest Range and themselves cover a large area. Just surprised they struggle with juniors but not certain if the population has increased much over time.

Uraidla do very little to attract juniors from the Lenswood and Forest Range area to play for their so-called 'local' club. They all play for Lobethal unfortunately, who do a much better job of advertising etc around the area.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:50 am

cossi11 wrote:Does anyone know when the fixture will be released?

The Sedan/Cambrai issue still not resolved. Lots of div 2 clubs not happy with them being allowed back in under the circumstances that have happened.
Last edited by cracka on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:53 am

saintal wrote:
Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:Uraidla have surprising from back in the 60's fielded a 3rd senior team and now days with the mergers of Ashton, Lenswood & Forest Range and themselves cover a large area. Just surprised they struggle with juniors but not certain if the population has increased much over time.

Uraidla do very little to attract juniors from the Lenswood and Forest Range area to play for their so-called 'local' club. They all play for Lobethal unfortunately, who do a much better job of advertising etc around the area.

A lot of Lenswood locals moved to either Lobethal or Onkas back when they merged with Ashton to form Eastern Rangers. Then when ER merged with Uraidla pretty much no locals ended up at Uraidla.
cracka
Veteran

Postby saintal » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:03 am

cracka wrote:
saintal wrote:

A lot of Lenswood locals moved to either Lobethal or Onkas back when they merged with Ashton to form Eastern Rangers. Then when ER merged with Uraidla pretty much no locals ended up at Uraidla.

Correct. Always interesting speaking to a few guys who were involved in the formation of ER and getting their perspective on it.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby The Gimp » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:42 pm

cracka wrote:

The Sedan/Cambrai issue still not resolved. Lots of div 2 clubs not happy with them being allowed back in under the circumstances that have happened.

I'm just perplexed in why the decision was overturned?? :roll:
It better not be to keen Hahndorf happy.
If that's the case, might be time to talk about a break-away Div 2 "Adelaide Hills Independent League".....
That way the board and clubs can make decisions what's best for their league.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Legs Man » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:56 pm

The Gimp wrote:
cracka wrote:

If that's the case, might be time to talk about a break-away Div 2 "Adelaide Hills Independent League".....

The only way this can work for the betterment of Country div is with the Hahndorf juniors playing as S/C juniors to follow S/C where they are playing.
This then stops the disruption and Country div clubs can keep their club together each weekend at the same venue.
Surely you can't have a situation of penalising the other clubs for the desired outcome of a club not even playing in their division.
If this isn't the protocol and it splits all the other clubs up regarding venue and travel then the Country clubs must stop this.
The majority of Country div clubs find it hard enough as it is with junior numbers so any decision that seemingly makes it even harder is beyond belief.
As I asked previously - did the clubs vote for this to happen - and if so why - as it certainly doesn't make sense to me.
How can this type of questionable decision making keep occurring in Hills footy as a recurring theme - it seems endless and surely isn't how we want our competition to be viewed.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:04 pm

The Gimp wrote:
cracka wrote:

Can't disagree with your 1st line.
From what I've heard, Sedan were told last year that if they don't field either a junior or senior colts side they would be put in div 3. The Sedan/Hahndorf proposal is a last ditch effort to stay in div 2.
cracka
Veteran

Postby toot toot » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Why can't the Hahndorf juniors follow S/C when they play away, and then play Friday night/Sunday at Hahndorf when S/C play at home? It only effects each club once, and would mean the junior parents don't need to travel all the way to S/C.
toot toot
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:20 pm

toot toot wrote:Why can't the Hahndorf juniors follow S/C when they play away, and then play Friday night/Sunday at Hahndorf when S/C play at home? It only effects each club once, and would mean the junior parents don't need to travel all the way to S/C.

That may suit the southern div 2 sides. It means the volunteers have to go to 2 venues on a weekend though. Clubs want their juniors playing at the same venue as their senior sides every week. As stated before, if Sedan aren't in div 2 then this can happen for the 1st time in years. Also most HFL clubs don't want div 1 clubs propping up the div 2 junior comp.
cracka
Veteran

Postby toot toot » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:29 pm

cracka wrote:
toot toot wrote:Why can't the Hahndorf juniors follow S/C when they play away, and then play Friday night/Sunday at Hahndorf when S/C play at home? It only effects each club once, and would mean the junior parents don't need to travel all the way to S/C.

That may suit the southern div 2 sides. It means the volunteers have to go to 2 venues on a weekend though. Clubs want their juniors playing at the same venue as their senior sides every week. As stated before, if Sedan aren't in div 2 then this can happen for the 1st time in years. Also most HFL clubs don't want div 1 clubs propping up the div 2 junior comp.

It's 1 weekend a year for each club. I'm sure they can live with that.

If S/C go to div 3, what happens with the extra Hahndorf juniors? they miss out on playing footy? If they go to a neighbouring club they are going to push another kid out of the team so that kid misses out. There are no winners in this.
toot toot
Under 16s

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Understand both views here, but going by last years program the hahndorf junior teams followed sedans away game. it was the sedan home games that look like they were played on a friday night. maybe the other clubs travelling to sedan can make the decision on whether they want to travel to sedan as one club, or are happy to have seniors play on saturday and juniors on friday night. surely some discussion will happen to accomodate.
Would be interested to hear what clubs would say no to div 1 clubs helping their junior sides. Im already aware that Mt Barker help Macclesfield to some capacity, are there any other div 2 clubs that get help from div 1 clubs? and if so well done I say.
I do find it unusual in a league with so many different sized towns that div 2 clubs get to vote on div 1 matters, and div 1 clubs get to vote on div 2 matters. I would have thought 2 x independant run leagues would be better suited structurally.
Agree with you toot toot, there are growing pains for clubs getting/attracting juniors and somehow more teams need to be accomodated.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:44 pm

toot toot wrote:
cracka wrote:

If S/C go to div 3, what happens with the extra Hahndorf juniors? they miss out on playing footy? If they go to a neighbouring club they are going to push another kid out of the team so that kid misses out. There are no winners in this.

No it's not. If Sedan play in div 2 then the Senior Colts program has to be different to the rest of their club. This has been a major issue for years.
cracka
Veteran

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:52 pm

I see from last year there was only 6 out of 9 senior colts teams in Div 2. Gumeracha, Sedan and Macclesfield absent. So are Gumeracha and Macclesfield fielding senior colts as well this year? leaving only Sedan creating the gap?
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:55 pm

cracka wrote:
toot toot wrote:
cracka wrote:

No it's not. If Sedan play in div 2 then the Senior Colts program has to be different to the rest of their club. This has been a major issue for years.

Cracks - can you shed some light for me as to why the clubs voted for this new scenario meaning the Country clubs aren't travelling as one community?
Why did they vote this way when it surely impacts them so badly?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby toot toot » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:56 pm

cracka wrote:
toot toot wrote:
cracka wrote:

Apologies I thought Hahndorf had extra 15s & 17s. Is it 13s & 15s they have?
Couldn't they just have a bye for the 17s? Not ideal, I know. What's going to happen next year when Maccy or Gums can't field a junior side? put them into div 3 as well? There is always going to be issues with Div 2 juniors. These towns just don't have the population to have a full set of juniors every year.
toot toot
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:00 pm

wazzal77 wrote:I see from last year there was only 6 out of 9 senior colts teams in Div 2. Gumeracha, Sedan and Macclesfield absent. So are Gumeracha and Macclesfield fielding senior colts as well this year? leaving only Sedan creating the gap?

Gum won't have S/Colts. Maccy being helped by Mt Barker. So 3 holes in div 2 s/colts (Gum, Sedan & the bye if Sedan stay in). Only 1 hole in all div 2 junior grades if Sedan play div 3.
cracka
Veteran

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:07 pm

I see the problem. Wow so Macclesfield being helped, I hope that lasts for them. So ideally it would be great to find a composite Senior colts side to fill Sedans spot - with Sedan staying in div 2 for this year. I would have thought that maybe with BSR going into recess Sedan may have picked up some younger lads but obviously not, and goes to show that kids play for their town with their mates and are reluctant to go to another town/team. Gumeracha of concern also then, with no senior colts. Parts of Div 2 really isnt looking good for the future is it..
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:10 pm

cracka wrote:
toot toot wrote:
cracka wrote:

Legs Man wrote:Cracks - can you shed some light for me as to why the clubs voted for this new scenario meaning the Country clubs aren't travelling as one community?
Why did they vote this way when it surely impacts them so badly?

The majority of clubs who voted didn't vote this in but the HFL are saying it has to be the majority of clubs in total. The Gimp has pointed out that it only has to be the majority of clubs present AND voting.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:13 pm

cracka wrote:
toot toot wrote:
cracka wrote:

toot toot wrote:Apologies I thought Hahndorf had extra 15s & 17s. Is it 13s & 15s they have?
Couldn't they just have a bye for the 17s? Not ideal, I know. What's going to happen next year when Maccy or Gums can't field a junior side? put them into div 3 as well? There is always going to be issues with Div 2 juniors. These towns just don't have the population to have a full set of juniors every year.

Hahndorfs extra U17's helping Kangarilla.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:15 pm

wazzal77 wrote:I see the problem. Wow so Macclesfield being helped, I hope that lasts for them. So ideally it would be great to find a composite Senior colts side to fill Sedans spot - with Sedan staying in div 2 for this year. I would have thought that maybe with BSR going into recess Sedan may have picked up some younger lads but obviously not, and goes to show that kids play for their town with their mates and are reluctant to go to another town/team. Gumeracha of concern also then, with no senior colts. Parts of Div 2 really isnt looking good for the future is it..

Gum at least have U13's & junior colts this year & have had 2 of the 3 junior sides every other year.
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy