HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby The new bloke » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:13 pm

It would be great to see kersbrook drop down a few pegs as they have been the team to beat for the last 20 years or so
The new bloke
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby B&F » Tue May 05, 2020 2:42 pm

Anyone got any thoughts on the upcoming potential 9 round season? Was a fair bit of movement over the offseason assuming with this break all will be fit and willing to play come round 1, when ever that may be. Who do you have in your top 5.
B&F

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby batmanbegins » Wed May 06, 2020 2:36 pm

B&F wrote:Anyone got any thoughts on the upcoming potential 9 round season? Was a fair bit of movement over the offseason assuming with this break all will be fit and willing to play come round 1, when ever that may be. Who do you have in your top 5.

Starting footy in the Hills in June or July doesn't sound particularly inviting considering how wet and cold it usually is :lol:

Gums would be favorites to win again having picked up a few very handy players and barely losing anyone,

Kersy picked up Jono Ross but have a few key outs such as Gardener and Ironbank will be similar to last year with some coming back and others leaving.

Birdwood and Kangys should be the big improvers with some quality Ins, Ross for Kangys and Sheedy for Birdwood would be two of the best players in the Comp.

Maccy will be similar to last year but hoping there kids continue to improve. Bridgey continue to lose players but have picked up a couple lads however might be a struggle for them to make finals.

Meadows have picked up plenty which is good for the club but how many are good who knows and they are coming from a long way back. Then there is TV who i'm surprised haven't folded yet and will not win a game again this year.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:17 pm

Few signings at Cherry Gardens?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:39 am

Dutchy wrote:Few signings at Cherry Gardens?

Some very handy recruits by the looks. Thought they may have head back to your boys Dutchy
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby reppoh_eht » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:45 am

batmanbegins wrote:

Some very handy recruits by the looks. Thought they may have head back to your boys Dutchy

Believe they wanted to stay as a group, so home wasn't really an option.

How many points does Ironbank get? 4x3 pointers right there isn't it?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:43 pm

Correct they wanted to stay together. Ironbank Lions :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby SecretInformant » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:08 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

They get 10 points according to the HFL website
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:39 pm

SecretInformant wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

They get 10 points according to the HFL website

Two of the lads are happy to run around in the Bs for the year as only 6 points left to use.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby B&F » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:00 pm

What about the recruits from last year and also the recruits they already have taken on for this year at Ironbank? They also being asked to play B grade and replaced with a group of guys who will play 9 games then take off next year when the cash system opens back up? I would think that would have a pretty big impact on the clubs culture.
B&F

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:44 pm

B&F wrote:What about the recruits from last year and also the recruits they already have taken on for this year at Ironbank? They also being asked to play B grade and replaced with a group of guys who will play 9 games then take off next year when the cash system opens back up? I would think that would have a pretty big impact on the clubs culture.

Didnt have any recruits this year and only 2 last year were Pfeiffer who was a brother in law of one of the players and Johncock who was goods mates with Elijiah. Can't see it being an issue with anyone or hurting the culture.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby B&F » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:52 pm

Round 1 finally here anyone got any thoughts on the weekend?
Birdwood V Ironbank at birdwood
Kangarilla V Bridgewater at Kangarilla
Macclesfield V Meadows at Meadows
Gumeracha V Kersbrook at Gumeracha

Torrens Valley have the bye to kick off round 1.
B&F

Postby Cougar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:19 pm

Congratulations to Nathan Pearce. This weekend chalks up senior game number 400, all with the Kersbrook Football Club. Multiple Premiership player and mail medalist. At 38 years of age needs to double down in the games played to catch his old boy.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby 19thman » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:52 am

Finals are finally here.
Really bizarre finals system. Should have just made it top 4 if they had to do it over 3 weeks.
Anyway who you got?
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:05 am

19thman wrote:Finals are finally here.
Really bizarre finals system. Should have just made it top 4 if they had to do it over 3 weeks.
Anyway who you got?

Ironbank showed Saturday they're about 10 goals better than anyone else.

Padthaway will win the B grade easily.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:23 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:
19thman wrote:Finals are finally here.
Anyway who you got?

Ironbank showed Saturday they're about 10 goals better than anyone else.

Padthaway will win the B grade easily.

Incredibly bizarre final system, top 4 should have been done this year if they wanted 3 week final series. Ironbank will get harder prelim final so no real benefit in coming top other then week off which they had 2 weeks ago anyway.

Ironbank heavy favourite in both grades, still got pfeiffer probably there best player to come back in from Saturday also. We have seen last 2 years though upsets have occurred so nothing is for certain. B grade is a bit silly when you have the padthway a grade skip running around in it but would great to see some older lads win there first senior flag for the club after being extremely loyal servants to the club.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby B&F » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:19 am

Its easy to see the clubs that will have a bit of ongoing success showing their depth by having both grades in the finals.... Congratulations to Ironbank, Birdwood & Kangarilla for having both A's & B's in the finals this year. Even with the Padthaway boys this is their 3 year in a row where both A's & B's have made the finals series.

Does anyone know what happened at Bridgewater's Special Meeting the last night "RELAUNCHING THE RAIDERS"?

This weeks Finals
At Kersbrook
A Grade
Gumeracha Vs Birdwood - If Gums forwards can start to have an impact which everyone thought they would I would say Gumeracha will win this by 5 goals But so far their big recruits have yet to really fire and take control of a game. Birdwood on the other hand look very well balanced across the ground. Will be a great contest and on which I think Birdwood can sneak home and get the win by a goal or two.
B Grade
Birdwood Vs Bridgewater - Few past A Graders running around in both these sides so the quality of football prob wont be your standard B Grade level. Birdwood to have a good day out a Kersbrook and win the B's & A's. Might help them go straight through to a Grand Final in this weird 3 week system.

At Birdwood
(how Birdwood got a final is beyond me with the way their oval was looking a few weeks ago)
A Grade
Kersbrook Vs Kangarilla - Kangy beat Kersbrook only recently on their oval, however I think Kersbrook will show them what it takes to win finals and I see this one actually blowing out to a 7 goal win to Kersbrook.
B Grade
Macclesfield Vs Kangarilla - I think this one is just filling up the numbers for the finals series with prob Macclesfield getting over the line in this one just.
B&F

Postby 19thman » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:39 am

As someone from Birdwood... I also have no idea. Is it true no other club wanted a final?
Or weren't Covid compliant?

B&F wrote:Its easy to see the clubs that will have a bit of ongoing success showing their depth by having both grades in the finals.... Congratulations to Ironbank, Birdwood & Kangarilla for having both A's & B's in the finals this year. Even with the Padthaway boys this is their 3 year in a row where both A's & B's have made the finals series.

Does anyone know what happened at Bridgewater's Special Meeting the last night "RELAUNCHING THE RAIDERS"?

This weeks Finals
At Kersbrook
A Grade
Gumeracha Vs Birdwood - If Gums forwards can start to have an impact which everyone thought they would I would say Gumeracha will win this by 5 goals But so far their big recruits have yet to really fire and take control of a game. Birdwood on the other hand look very well balanced across the ground. Will be a great contest and on which I think Birdwood can sneak home and get the win by a goal or two.
B Grade
Birdwood Vs Bridgewater - Few past A Graders running around in both these sides so the quality of football prob wont be your standard B Grade level. Birdwood to have a good day out a Kersbrook and win the B's & A's. Might help them go straight through to a Grand Final in this weird 3 week system.

At Birdwood
(how Birdwood got a final is beyond me with the way their oval was looking a few weeks ago)
A Grade
Kersbrook Vs Kangarilla - Kangy beat Kersbrook only recently on their oval, however I think Kersbrook will show them what it takes to win finals and I see this one actually blowing out to a 7 goal win to Kersbrook.
B Grade
Macclesfield Vs Kangarilla - I think this one is just filling up the numbers for the finals series with prob Macclesfield getting over the line in this one just.
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:45 pm

19thman wrote:As someone from Birdwood... I also have no idea. Is it true no other club wanted a final?
Or weren't Covid compliant?

B&F wrote:Its easy to see the clubs that will have a bit of ongoing success showing their depth by having both grades in the finals.... Congratulations to Ironbank, Birdwood & Kangarilla for having both A's & B's in the finals this year. Even with the Padthaway boys this is their 3 year in a row where both A's & B's have made the finals series.

This weeks Finals
At Kersbrook
A Grade
B Grade

At Birdwood
A Grade
B Grade

Have heard most teams didn't want the finals this year due to the covid stuff. Pretty sure one of the prelims is at Birdwood also so they get 2 finals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby Keefy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 pm

Kersbrook 2 finals which includes the GF
Birdwood 2 finals
Maccy 1 final

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21