Mid Murray League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Mid Murray League

Postby cream cheese » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:25 pm

On The Pine wrote:Sparky, see Jason Rosey is heading back to Ango. Big loss, along with your retirement of course, although you looked good in the runners top!! How's the club going, lost any others? Reckon Sedan might struggle in the Hills unless some major recruiting is done. Pity bout Morgan though, was always on the cards.

What do you reckon of a BSR/Sedan merger down the track and heading to the RMFL or BL&G? Do you reckon it would have a chance of working? I ask because the two options both clubs have. ie Hills or Indys have so many compromises. A merge would mean footy and netball could continue in the current format.

Gday lads just viewing your discusion on the Mid Murray league. I personnally would love to see a BSR/ Sedan merger into the BL&G when I was a kid in 1986 I played mini league for Angaston before going to play Primary School for Sedan Cambrai as my dad played for them. Money might be a issue but I'm sure it would be attractive for other players from Loxton and such. Teams from Gawler Freeling Kapunda could play at Sedan, Teams from Angaston Nuri Tanunda Barossa play at Blanchetown. Bring back the roadtrip it still happens with Cricket in the Barossa why not footy instead of some Barossa teams spending big on players maybe they could buy a team bus instead and go back to the roots of football and have some fun!!
cream cheese
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Osama » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:14 pm

cream cheese wrote:
On The Pine wrote:Sparky, see Jason Rosey is heading back to Ango. Big loss, along with your retirement of course, although you looked good in the runners top!! How's the club going, lost any others? Reckon Sedan might struggle in the Hills unless some major recruiting is done. Pity bout Morgan though, was always on the cards.

What do you reckon of a BSR/Sedan merger down the track and heading to the RMFL or BL&G? Do you reckon it would have a chance of working? I ask because the two options both clubs have. ie Hills or Indys have so many compromises. A merge would mean footy and netball could continue in the current format.

Gday lads just viewing your discusion on the Mid Murray league. I personnally would love to see a BSR/ Sedan merger into the BL&G when I was a kid in 1986 I played mini league for Angaston before going to play Primary School for Sedan Cambrai as my dad played for them. Money might be a issue but I'm sure it would be attractive for other players from Loxton and such. Teams from Gawler Freeling Kapunda could play at Sedan, Teams from Angaston Nuri Tanunda Barossa play at Blanchetown. Bring back the roadtrip it still happens with Cricket in the Barossa why not footy instead of some Barossa teams spending big on players maybe they could buy a team bus instead and go back to the roots of football and have some fun!!

Not a snowballs chance in hell Cheese Dick.
All due respect to BSR / Sedan, they wouldn't have the arsenal to combat against any current BL&G club.
Been to the top of the mountain - 1908, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1915, 1920, 1925, 1926, 1930, 1931, 1932, 1933, 1945, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1986, 2003, 2013
Osama
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Osama wrote:
cream cheese wrote:

Not a snowballs chance in hell Cheese Dick.
All due respect to BSR / Sedan, they wouldn't have the arsenal to combat against any current BL&G club.

totally agree osama, one of the worst, most unrealistic posts i have read on here, although they might compete with south gawler ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times

Postby On The Pine » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Ahh, good old BL&G arrogance. Best country league in the state etc.(not being serious the years they get beaten by the Hills of course, or was it they have more teams to choose from??) Plenty of ex MMFL players running around in the Barossa over the years!!
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Add Southern and GSFL to that list too as better leagues than BLG.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby TimmiesChin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:23 am

On The Pine wrote:Ahh, good old BL&G arrogance. Best country league in the state etc.(not being serious the years they get beaten by the Hills of course, or was it they have more teams to choose from??) Plenty of ex MMFL players running around in the Barossa over the years!!

Its not arrogance - its reality. Having played in both, and attended both GF's this year, there is no hope in hell that a mid murray association side could knock of a mid pack Barossa side. A combined BSR/Sedan side would not be close to competitive.

Facilities would also be an issue as the BL&G clubs are on another level.

Are the rumours true Sedan have been badmouthing BSR to the Hills suggesting only Sedan would be competitive enough to make it there ? (Would be laughable given they have probably had one senior win over BSR in the past 3 years)
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 am

OTP - sorry to say it, but it's true. Even a merged outfit would struggle in BL&G.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby On The Pine » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Agree, wouldn't be realistic with current player lists. Recruiting would be needed big time. As it will be for a Hills venture. Having said that there would be a number of players in both sides that would be more than up to the challenge. Training/work ethic would all need to go up a gear. Money is another issue. But that's cart before the horse stuff. I asked the question of whether a merger could work, especially given the distance between clubs, the rivalries etc. And BL&G was only a suggestion, given that many players travel from the area to both clubs and sponsorship opportunities would be greatest if a merged club played there.

In answer to Timmies, I wouldn't think that rumour would be correct given my understanding of Sedan (although I'm not privvy to private conversations) as the club has always had a great respect for BSR and has even taken the pig r****r comments light heartedly. Their discussions have always been inclusive of BSR I believe.
On The Pine
Rookie

Postby TimmiesChin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:09 am

On The Pine wrote:Agree, wouldn't be realistic with current player lists. Recruiting would be needed big time. As it will be for a Hills venture. Having said that there would be a number of players in both sides that would be more than up to the challenge. Training/work ethic would all need to go up a gear. Money is another issue. But that's cart before the horse stuff. I asked the question of whether a merger could work, especially given the distance between clubs, the rivalries etc. And BL&G was only a suggestion, given that many players travel from the area to both clubs and sponsorship opportunities would be greatest if a merged club played there.

In answer to Timmies, I wouldn't think that rumour would be correct given my understanding of Sedan (although I'm not privvy to private conversations) as the club has always had a great respect for BSR and has even taken the pig r****r comments light heartedly. Their discussions have always been inclusive of BSR I believe.

I'm guessing financially the clubs would be are 150k a year or more behind the BL&G. Player wise, perhaps 6-8 players across the two sides would make it into best 22's in the BL&G mid pack sides.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:57 pm

How do you guys rate Jason Rosenzweig?
IMO if he came back to angaston he would play B grade in their current side, so theres a guy that kicked what 130 goals last year that would surely be one of the best in the comp but wouldnt cut it at A grade level now. How many of those goals were kicked against morgan?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times

Postby silicone skyline » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:11 pm

daysofourlives wrote:How do you guys rate Jason Rosenzweig?
IMO if he came back to angaston he would play B grade in their current side, so theres a guy that kicked what 130 goals last year that would surely be one of the best in the comp but wouldnt cut it at A grade level now. How many of those goals were kicked against morgan?

More than 50 per cent IIRC
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby BOM » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:49 am

On The Pine wrote:Agree, wouldn't be realistic with current player lists. Recruiting would be needed big time. As it will be for a Hills venture. Having said that there would be a number of players in both sides that would be more than up to the challenge. Training/work ethic would all need to go up a gear. Money is another issue. But that's cart before the horse stuff. I asked the question of whether a merger could work, especially given the distance between clubs, the rivalries etc. And BL&G was only a suggestion, given that many players travel from the area to both clubs and sponsorship opportunities would be greatest if a merged club played there.

Sorry mate but if Sedan had any respect for BSR they would not have told the hills league that if they just accept them and not BSR they would end up recruiting most of the BSR players anyway which would then give the hills 1 competitive side instead of 2 weak sides. This comes from someone that definitely should know and it looks like the hills people have gone with this plan. Speaking as a BSR player I couldn’t think of anything worse than pulling on a pig jumper and I cant think of to many of our guys that would (memories of this years first game at Cambrai!!)So hopefully this plan doesn’t come off and it just proves what a mob of pricks they are down at Sedan.
BSR look set to head to Indys for at least 1 year with the hope of maybe trying for hills in 2011. Hopefully the pigs failures next year wont hurt BSRs chances of a 2011 start!!
BOM
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Blanchetown-Swan Reach

Postby On The Pine » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:22 pm

BOM wrote:

Sorry mate but if Sedan had any respect for BSR they would not have told the hills league that if they just accept them and not BSR they would end up recruiting most of the BSR players anyway which would then give the hills 1 competitive side instead of 2 weak sides. This comes from someone that definitely should know and it looks like the hills people have gone with this plan. Speaking as a BSR player I couldn’t think of anything worse than pulling on a pig jumper and I cant think of to many of our guys that would (memories of this years first game at Cambrai!!)So hopefully this plan doesn’t come off and it just proves what a mob of pricks they are down at Sedan.
BSR look set to head to Indys for at least 1 year with the hope of maybe trying for hills in 2011. Hopefully the pigs failures next year wont hurt BSRs chances of a 2011 start!!

BOM, I would hope that is not true, would like to know your source. Wouldn't think the Hills would be so gullible to believe it anyway. Either way, your post would have a lot more credibility if you omitted the insults.
On The Pine
Rookie

Postby sparky » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Must agree with BOM there. From what i've heard at one of the last association meetings where BSR brought up that they were looking at applying to the Hills league Sedan/Cambrai have asked us to wait so that both applications could be submitted at the same time. BSR waited to hear from S/C, after 3 or 4 weeks contacted S/C to see what was going on and where told "oh we sent ours in a couple of weeks ago". Getting in before us so therefore giving them a better chance.

I've also heard part that BSR blokes would join with S/C to play in the hills. That ain't ever going to happen, as BOM said no BSR player would pull on the black & white after some of the shit they've done over the years
sparky

Postby BOM » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:18 pm

On The Pine wrote:
BOM wrote:

BOM, I would hope that is not true, would like to know your source. Wouldn't think the Hills would be so gullible to believe it anyway. Either way, your post would have a lot more credibility if you omitted the insults.

Point taken about the insults - when I wrote that post this subject was still very touchy for me as I found out the details of what SC had done to BSR not long before. Before that I always thought the rivalry between our clubs was just a fairly harmless one, which got a bit heated at times, but now I know what they are really like. What they did is just dirty and rude and goes completely against what country football is meant to be about. This has and will upset allot of people. Some people at that club need to have a good hard look at themselves. Also I hope any players considering making a move to SC take all this on board.
As for my source im not going to name them on here, as I don’t think that is fair. You seem to know a fair bit about the goings on of the comp so im sure if you thought about it you could work it out. But believe me what I posted and also now sparky is fact and my source is as good as you can get.
BOM
Rookie

Postby BOM » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:How do you guys rate Jason Rosenzweig?

played with Jase last couple of years and im fairly sure he would still get an A Grade game playing on a flank or in a pocket. He spent last year playing as the key forward i know it is a much weaker league but he did at times have to beat 2 or 3 guys. im confident he would find a spot in most clubs best 22
BOM
Rookie

Postby TimmiesChin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:55 am

sparky wrote:Must agree with BOM there. From what i've heard at one of the last association meetings where BSR brought up that they were looking at applying to the Hills league Sedan/Cambrai have asked us to wait so that both applications could be submitted at the same time. BSR waited to hear from S/C, after 3 or 4 weeks contacted S/C to see what was going on and where told "oh we sent ours in a couple of weeks ago". Getting in before us so therefore giving them a better chance.

I've also heard part that BSR blokes would join with S/C to play in the hills. That ain't ever going to happen, as BOM said no BSR player would pull on the black & white after some of the s***t they've done over the years

Yep - well we are all hearing the same stuff then. Your version doesnt suprise me either given the swifty they pulled in the magoos GF this year .... fair chance they lost a player or two of their own out of that as well if stories are to be believed.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby On The Pine » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:50 pm

I hope it's not the case, but don't tar everyone with the same brush. As you would know, footy clubs are made up of all sorts and every club has good and bad.

It is a shame there has been so much bad blood between all the clubs over the years. I personally found most players in all the teams pretty good lads, even Robby in recent years. ( Ramco had it's moments though!) Was a good little comp and if teams had worked together ALL the time things maybe wouldn't have worked out as they have. Mind you, all leagues have their problems.

To agree with you BSR boys, I wouldn't have expected anyone to leave BSR for S/C anyway. Good luck with Indy's. I reckon that's the comp everyone should have gone to and perhaps encouraged junior netball. Hills is going to be a very hard slog.

We'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

As for the question on Rosey, he played in the ?2003 Ango premiership?? I thought he had so should be able to slot back in there ok!
On The Pine
Rookie

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:06 pm

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby TimmiesChin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:22 pm

On The Pine wrote:I hope it's not the case, but don't tar everyone with the same brush. As you would know, footy clubs are made up of all sorts and every club has good and bad.

Wont tar everyone, but I'm unsure which brush to use to tar your president and coach.
Both dont seem to have a lot of character.

For those with more character good luck in the hills - I have a feeling you will need a big dose of luck.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy