Assoc Footy

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Assoc Footy

Postby Woofa » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:30 am

Interested in everyones opinion on the assoc concept. When you hear about the young lad at Mallala getting suspended for doing everything possible to play but also hold down employment, it makes you wonder why some players would even bother. At lot of players at all clubs just look forward to having a week off!
Woofa
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Assoc Footy

Postby Goldberg » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:18 pm

For the record I think Assoc. footy is a great thing! However, Players are either Volunteers or Employees of Clubs, not leagues. Its rediculous to think that a Volunteer can be suspended. What other organisation in the world would give Volunteers such a hard time, when for 1 out of 24 weeks they want to have a break.

All this said I also understand the problems facing the leagues who just want to see their best play, but I just cant agree with a penalty system. Why not give them incentives to play instead. Jumpers now cost very little to have made, give the set away every year etc.
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Rooster » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:03 am

Goldberg wrote:For the record I think Assoc. footy is a great thing! However, Players are either Volunteers or Employees of Clubs, not leagues. Its rediculous to think that a Volunteer can be suspended. What other organisation in the world would give Volunteers such a hard time, when for 1 out of 24 weeks they want to have a break.

All this said I also understand the problems facing the leagues who just want to see their best play, but I just cant agree with a penalty system. Why not give them incentives to play instead. Jumpers now cost very little to have made, give the set away every year etc.

Maybe not every year, but certainly after a win!

The young bloke from Mallala should front he tribunal and explain and they will excuse him, and players should always want to represent the Assoc they play in, and anyone that doesn't want to because a) they don't get paid! B) are a bit sore and don't want to get injured, although they would play if their club did, or C) couldn't be bothered and want to have a week off are to put it simply, are weak hearted mice. Representing the league/state is an honour and some of the best games i've ever played or watched were these games, it's a great privelidge and i can't encourage anyone any more to get amongst it.
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby uncle_fester » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:27 am

The Rooster wrote:
Goldberg wrote:For the record I think Assoc. footy is a great thing! However, Players are either Volunteers or Employees of Clubs, not leagues. Its rediculous to think that a Volunteer can be suspended. What other organisation in the world would give Volunteers such a hard time, when for 1 out of 24 weeks they want to have a break.

Maybe not every year, but certainly after a win!

The young bloke from Mallala should front he tribunal and explain and they will excuse him, and players should always want to represent the Assoc they play in, and anyone that doesn't want to because a) they don't get paid! B) are a bit sore and don't want to get injured, although they would play if their club did, or C) couldn't be bothered and want to have a week off are to put it simply, are weak hearted mice. Representing the league/state is an honour and some of the best games i've ever played or watched were these games, it's a great privelidge and i can't encourage anyone any more to get amongst it.

The league WOULD NOT excuse him.
(heard they went to B.B. & told that there was no appeals allowed)
uncle_fester
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:49 am

Good mail there Fester. The league weren't allowing any appeals fullstop.
Complete load of Bullsh!t.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy